1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese tennis player update: China brings out Yao Ming to prove she’s ok

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Nov 16, 2021.

?

Did the Chinese Government have anything to do with her suddenly disappearing?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. Yes but she's still alive

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/16/naom...sexual-assault-allegation-chinese-politician/

Naomi Osaka and Novak Djokovic -- 2 of the greatest tennis players alive -- are speaking out on the disappearance of tennis player Peng Shuai ... who vanished after accusing a powerful Chinese politician of sexual assault.

"Hey everyone, not sure if you've been following the news but I was recently informed of a fellow tennis player that has gone missing shortly after revealing that she has been sexually abused," the 4x Grand Slam winner wrote on social media.

"Censorship is never ok at any cost, I hope Peng Shuai and her family are safe and ok. I'm in shock of the current situation and I'm sending love and light her way. #whereispengshuai"

@Jontro

#1 tinman, Nov 16, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    Deckard likes this.
  2. tinman

Supporting Member

Hakeemtheking and Jontro like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

RIP

Nook likes this.
  4. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Disney/ABC/ESPN must really need that money from China. Not a word about this on ESPN, and they were all over Naomi for a minute when she was speaking out on mental health.

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

6. kubli9

Supporting Member

foh, Slyonebluejay and tinman like this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

yeah this is hidden like stories about the Houston Rockets nowadays on that site

Slyonebluejay, Jontro and kubli9 like this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

what up this dude's hair, looks unnatural for a 75 year old

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

that’s that new lace front

tinman and jiggyfly like this.
  10. Gioan Baotixita

They’re harvesting her healthy organs even as we speak. Where are the CCP bootlickers on this site? Please chime and let us hear your excellent thoughts on your beloved China and WinnieTheFlu.

Yesterday I saw a grotesque video where CCP healthcare workers bashed a dog upside down the head with a crow bar inside someone’s apartment and killed the dog in the name of Covid.

I’m a dog lover and if I only have one wish in this lifetime, it is to see these evil heathens CCP burn and rot in hell.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Nobody gets offended at this because Dave Chappelle didn’t make a joke about it

It ain’t woke enough bro

No Worries and Gioan Baotixita like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

The Chinese government and the CCP are disgusting and it is unacceptable that the rest of the world does nothing.

13. kubli9

Supporting Member

It's scary, the Big Brother reach of the Chinese government has started to have a clear impact on how the US media covers or spins their behavior.

Slyonebluejay, Nook and tinman like this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

If Novak, Naomi and the tennis world makes a stand Will China ban tennis ?

15. Gioan Baotixita

Hell yeah they will. We should also ban their 2022 Winter Olympics.

16. dmoneybangbang

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Dude's hair looks like that of a freaking playmobil figure.

18. BenjaminChen

BenjaminChen Member

Siege heil!

19. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Let me chime in with my 2 cents.

I don't know the whereabouts of Peng, but my educated guess is that she's probably laying low - it could be that she regrets it or she was asked to shut up (or both). From my understanding - I saw the captured image of Peng's original post, she wasn't forced per se but rather influenced and talked into the relationship. It was more or less like what Al Pacino did to Charlize Theron in "Devil's Advocate". Yes, from the age difference, and from the sensitive nature of the old guy in powerful position, it was creepy and wrong. If it had happened in the States, it probably would have gone viral in FB and TWTR. Except for that 30 minutes of crazy hits, you never hear about it any more in China. But I don't think you can really put that guy in jail for the relationship - which went on for several years, and Peng was upset later on that the old dude wasn't serious enough. So she went on Weibo to vent her disappointment and remorse.

What's on display here is obviously censorship instead of "organ harvest" or "genocide". In my opinion, one should condemn any wrong doings but avoid accusing someone or group or country at will simply because you don't like them. You can accuse CCP of many things, but dumb they are not. Similarly, people were "worried" about Ma Yun, but he showed up in a charity event after several months of laying low. It's not the 60's any more, such high profile figure won't just disappear forever. Censorship has been kicked up several notches during recent years. Hardliners in the Western world has certainly made it more difficult for CCP leaders, but consequently, also made it more difficult for average Chinese people and Chinese companies. That's just life.

As for the bad person brutally abused the dog, he was widely condemned in China, and was being dealt with by law as well. He wasn't a healthcare worker, but local assistant on contract base (similar to Blackwater guys in Iraq?). In my opinion, he should be sentenced for several years behind the jail bar. However, it's irresponsible to claim that CCP was behind it. It's not possible for any party or government to order the killing of one pet, not even Nazis. During those lockdowns, there were many incidents that local staff could/should have handled better, and there were extreme incidents like this violating laws. Most of them happened in inner provinces or rural areas, while Shanghai gets straight As for managing it as openly and as humanely possible (for instance, your pets are allowed to stay with you at quarantine or there are designated volunteer workers to help feed them, and the healthcare bureau never disclosed identifies of those infected or carriers).

It's simplistic just say CCP is evil whenever anything negative happened in China. It doesn't help and only adds hatred to both sides, because there is no way you can wipe out 90 million CCP members or 1.4 billion Chinese people off the map, now that would be real genocide. I guess the Western world politicians have long given up the idea of "regime change" in heart, although they still pay lip services to get votes. Figuring out a peaceful way for co-existence is important and only viable option.

20. BenjaminChen

BenjaminChen Member

So Xi and the CCP hasn't gone completely evil and nuts......yet?
    That's very inspiring.