1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Almost everything that is wrong with the offense summed in one video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by flamingdts, Nov 11, 2021.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

One of the main challenges with Wood is he is a very slow decision maker and he likes to bring the ball up.

Here is an example of Wood, the slowest Rocket on the court, bringing the ball up when 3 other much faster Rocket are ready for a transition opportunity.

Note that in this play, Gordon did hit a 3, but Wood has a tendency to bring the ball up himself.

However, the Rockets have fast players on this team. This is what happens when Wood was the inbounder (and got the ball to Green quickly).

Wood is a talented player, but he's been on 6 teams in 6 seasons for a reason. I'm sure his individual talent has always been there, and I'm sure he refines that part as well, but his team coordination abilities aren't there.

Here is a more concerning issue, that is both the fault of the coaches and Wood

1. Wood had no shot clock awareness here.
    2. Wood was right in front of the Rocket's coaching staff, did no one yell for him to shoot it?

ElPigto, kubli9, Squirtle and 5 others like this.
  2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

So why couldn't Silas make it work with 2 all star quality players? Adelman did it with none. All the excuses don't hold up to any scrutiny, Silas is a fraud.

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

We turn the ball over way too much. KPJ is learning how to manage the game and that’s going to affect the team’s offense. I think he’ll learn, but right now it’s ugly. He just needs to keep it simple. He’s always trying to navigate around the court with slick moves but that’s not necessary. Just manage the game bro and keep the offense moving

D-rock likes this.
  4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I also agree with Wood being low IQ player. He is a finisher only. He should not be allowed to facilitate except in emergency situations. Unfortunate we’re always in emergency situations.

bmelo likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

Yawn…. Class D-Dick…. Throws a little temper tantrum when someone doesn’t agree with them….. Speaking of alternate realities… how’s Simmons and Aaron Gordon doing? Lol!!! How’s your boy KPJ that you were pumping up via Twitter? No more 50 game tweets?!

This thread is literally a video of the personnel issue we have. Wood isn’t a good screener because he doesn’t set them!!!

#185 dmoneybangbang, Nov 12, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  6. dmoneybangbang

Lol. What system would you like when we have point guard who constantly picks up his dribble?

How about a stretch 4 with low bball iq and plays selfishly? Lol.

How about a rookie guard?!

And you actually expect it to be figured by 10 games with a new point guard! Lol!

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

But a NBA system takes a NBA team with a NBA point guard.

This thread is literally videos of the personnel screwing things up when running plays….

#187 dmoneybangbang, Nov 12, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

this last clip is so damning. shot clock running down all the coaches don't say anything.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

No any five idiots can stand out there where the coach wants you to stand and run a system. After countless posts of people trying to explain to you that you can have both bad players and a bad coach you either dont get it or you refuse to. ANYONE CAN RUN A SYSTEM. Some will be more successful init than others but you would still be able to see the system. Silas doesnt have one. Another thing is you change your system to fit the players you have not force them to play a style that doesnt fit their play. In other words if you dont have a point guard and when something isnt working you change it. You make adjustments. Silas has had the same starting five since the beginning of the season and all of the bad points you made about thses guys he sees and has not made any adjustments. The only thing that has changed his rotation is injury because in his mind theres nothing wrong with who he puts out there together LMAO He's an idiot.

For instance I dont think Steve Nash is a good coach and he went overkill with MDA's system and they suck at defense. His is lucky that he has two of the best players ever so they can overcome his bad coaching. We dont have that luxury. We cant just have any coach out there. Having a bret brown so to speak is not good for development. You need someone to reign them in and teach them structure. Wood and KPJ are out of control and he allows it. Now that doesnt mean we will start winning all the time it just means players are going to learn to play the right way and we'll win a game here or there. Players will sit when they arent doing what they are supposed and we should start playing young players over vets like theis and nwaba. Its rediculous in a rebuilding season that we dont dot hat.

10. dmoneybangbang

Going to agree to disagree after only 10 games.

We are designed to be bad and are acting like the inexperienced, young, clueless team we are.

Silas is TBD until at least mid season for me.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Confirmed.

No system or you just don't know.

Was it really that difficult to admit?

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It goes without saying but his 3 point shot is elite, especially for his size/height. The fact that he, his teammates, and the team don't put him in a position to shoot more of those is a shame.

D-rock and Joe Rocket like this.
  14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Regardless of what your opinion is or how long you give him no one else has to run by your timeline. "WE ARE DESIGNED TO BE BAD" Is a ridiculous statement when people arent complaining about losing they are complaining about how he's developing the players and his management of them.

fryjol7, Bo6, Denovo and 3 others like this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

Then some folks had higher expectations after ten games than I did…. It’s not MY timeline, but my point of it being still very early in the season combined with the overall inexperience.

I don’t understand why you are ready to get the pitchforks out after only ten games and not like 20 games or mid season. Your argument doesn’t seem very logical or realistic.

16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Another ridiculous notion is that making adjustments to rotations should take half a season, thats insane. Thats like giving someone 6 months to do something that can be accomplished in a day.

17. dmoneybangbang

Confirmed what? Silas has said he’s taking an organic approach. But clearly as this OP indicates, they are running plays and sets out there….

… and the team is more often than not messing it up.

Here's some more numbers posted from another thread. The lack of competent point guard play is glaring.

Squirtle likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

No, I'm saying judge the overall performance after midseason. You cry when Silas does experiment with lineups and then you cry when he doesn't experiment with lineups.

19. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wood is really talented but it's obvious he has trouble with the team concept. I don't see him or KPJ as starters on a championship level team at any point in their careers.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Whoa whoa whoa...leave me and my stats out of this lol ;) jk

Joe Rocket and D-rock like this.