1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Controversial) Silas chooses KPJ over Green to end game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 6, 2021.

?

What would YOU, yes YOU have done?

1. PLAYED BOTH

66 vote(s)
    44.9%
  2. BENCHED GREEN

21 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. BENCHED KPJ

35 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. BENCHED BOTH

25 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Im not upset I’m just stating my opinion on how fans like yourself classify players and use that term “trash” so freely. But I get it. It’s a millennial term used popularly in today’s society without in depth understanding empathy or restraint from judgement.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. hakeemthagreat

Are you admitting to being a idiot fan of a rookie who cant make simple layups?

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Thanks Bro, I appreciate it

Joe Rocket likes this.
  4. hakeemthagreat

I'm not asking him to be Dikembe, or even Hakeem. But can he atleast stay in front of his man? Can he atleast stop unnecessary foul? Or make simply layups?

5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

This Rotation is needed

PG Jalen Green
    SG Armoni Brooks
    SF Eric Gordon
    PF KJ Martin
    C Alperen Sengun
    SF Jaesean Tate
    C Usman Garuba
    PG/SF Josh Christopher - He is way better and unselfish, unlike KPJ, Josh plays hard on defense

Eric Gordon and DJ Augustine know how to play together

Must Trade KPJ and Christian Wood for picks
    Danuel House
    John Wall
    Daniel Theis
    David Nwaba

Joe Rocket and BigShasta like this.
  6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I really hope the Rockets trade for Sharife Cooper of the Hawks

Sharife can play with Jalen and Josh

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not a classification, it's a description.

When players are playing like trash, I say they are playing like trash.....then their fanbois cry about it.

If they start playing better, I say they are playing better.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

And he's going to learn to do those things on the bench?

9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He shoots 46.8% from 2 and he's been great from 3 at 36.5%. I hate that people make the leap that he cant make layups he's doing well and will improve. Again 19 year old in a new country doesnt pseak the language. Give the kid a ****ing break its not like he's a 3rd year vet that can barely dribble and is asked to run the offense.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don’t see the need or point of moving Theis/House/Nwaba, what value do any of them have? A protected 2nd? And what contracts do we have coming back in return for them? In Nwaba/Theis’s case it doesn’t make sense to rush to dump them after giving them 3 year deals.

Agree on moving Wood/KPJ for whatever value we can get.

I think we should stash Garuba/Christopher in the G-league for the year.

Augustin
    Gordon / Green / Brooks
    Tate / Nwaba
    Martin / House
    Theis / Sengun

This roster would need a real PG, and a lengthy rim protector. In general our roster lacks size in a pretty significant way. Everybody is 3 inches short for their position

11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Maybe Alperen Sengun should play Power Forward because of the Referees calling more fouls for taking charges. Centers take more contact in the paint.

The lack of respect the referees have shown to Alperen is unbelievable.

He is drawing charges, getting clean blocks, Alperen is getting called for fouls

Joe Rocket and Dobbizzle like this.
  12. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Yeah there's some frustration right now. Big picture just hoping for development and seeing strides from guys. I have questions about some overarching things, i.e. Christopher and Garuba, will they be assigned to the G League if they're not seeing minutes at the NBA level? Doesn't make much sense for them to be with the NBA team but not play. We'll see, it's a long season, hopefully they have a good plan in place for the young guys. Need improvement in certain areas.

13. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

What's worse is Green played well in the 4th quarter. He just assisted Wood for an dunk, and got a steal then draw a foul to score two points (KPJ was the one who turned over in the first place). I get Silas want to sub in Gordon to get the win, but why sub out Green? Green was clearly playing better than KPJ (who was 2 out of 14, had several bad turnovers and made some terrible defensive mistakes down the stretch). I don't get why the coaching stuff is investing so much more to develop KPJ than Green. Didn't we get KPJ for free, and get Green by tanking an entire season?

MrSabotage and Dobbizzle like this.
  14. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Green did play well in the 4th before he was benched. He assisted Wood for an open dunk, passed to open Tate who got fouled and hit two free throws, got a steal, and drew a foul to score two points. So all the 6 points Rockets scored in that 4 minutes are created by Green.

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Stopped reading at KPJ doesn't play defense.

His defense has been really solid. There have been actual articles about it. What are you watching?

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's a Jalen Green simp, they just mindlessly hate on KPJ to try and deflect from their guy.

Using the 2nd worst player as a scapegoat to defend the worst player is just weird, but here we are.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

(Controversial) Rockets choose Green over Mobley, Barnes, Suggs, Giddey, Kuminga, Wagner, Mitchell, Duarte to rebuild franchise.

GotGame15, wolstein and Bobbythegreat like this.
  18. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Cavs are playing very well this year, and have a chance to make the playoffs. Three of their top 5 players could be ours, Allen, Rubio (Traded with Prince) and Mobley. I guess the Rockets just want to be bad for a longer period of time to accumulate more talents.

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I didnt agree with this during the summer because a) I thought KPJ was a lot farther along than he is and b) I didnt think we would play any vet but Ego significant minutes. But this guy actually looks like he's trying to win he's just and idiot. You might as well bring Wall back if youre gonna play vets so much im confused as to what we're doing. I thought we were gonna be bad playing ALL of the young guys not bad because we're playing vets.

20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

When KPJ drives to the basket and loses the ball and complains to the referee and KPJ doesn't run back on defense. And slowly walks back after complaining.

Is that defense? I don't think so. KPJ is a liability.