1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have to get rid of KPJ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownfan_9210, Nov 7, 2021.

1. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

you let him go if his personality is cancerous to the locker room. That’s more of what I’m saying. He’s attitude is toxic.

2. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

i have always been a fan of KPJ so your theory is flawed. **** my 2K myplayer is based off KPJ lol

Jontro likes this.
  3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

That's fair

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do you consider yourself a "Green fanboi"?

That's who I was talking about.

5. conquistador#11

Get him out of pg duties.
    Theis(Becauce won't start Sengun)
    Wood
    Tate
    Porter
    Gordon(it'll be FUN)

Green gets 29 a game and gets to be in with the closest to a pg there is on the team, Sengun. Starters play floor general by committee.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Getting Green 29 shots per game would also be a good way to ensure the tank.

7. conquistador#11

29 minutes. Y'all are so antsy to hate on the already chosen narratives .

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, sorry, I misunderstood.

I kind of want to cut down on both Porter's minutes and Green's minutes to get KMJ on the court more often. Right now, he's been better than either of them.

9. dmoneybangbang

This.

Otherwise, as part of a trade. However, our draft situation and KPJ's development lines up for the moment.

10. Denovo

Denovo Member

A tanking team giving up on a 21 year old makes no sense.

You want to cut him for getting emotional during a tough loss? Really?

You want to cut him for saying “Pass me the ****ing ball”?

If you do anything you change his role because he’s playing bad. Move him back to the wing or bring him off the bench. You don’t give up on young players that easily.

DaDakota, Bo6, Jontro and 5 others like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Not saying KPJ is the answer at pg long term but he is definitely an above-average NBA player and yet you got people on here that want him gone.:rolleyes:

Really WTF!

DaDakota and xaos like this.
  12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Name one. I really only know of Chris Paul and Kyle Lowry. Maybe Trae Young even though he's their go-to scorer too? They aren't going anywhere and they're not a long term answer anyway (unless of course Atlanta is willing to part with their franchise guy). But you can go down the list of teams. It's all combo guards out there.

harold bingo and Y2JT like this.
  13. TimDuncanDonaut

KPJ makes 1.7 mil this year.

Rookie extension eligible.
    3.2 mil next year.
    4.8 mil year after.

Team's future hopes aside, he's still low risk from the books perspective. Benching him is an option, but would mean some eggs in the front office's face, since they benched Wall to develop KPJ. Benching or trading KPJ would admit failure. Rockets org needs to be honest with themselves, don't be knee jerk but also not go too far if it's not working out. A timeline should be set; mid season and end of this season.

I was dubious when Rockets first got him, but if the org helped turn around his life around, that's an admirable thing. Even if he gets traded, I hope he can take the lessons that Lucas and others have given him.

For PG duty; still give him at least half a season. I can see Silas maybe giving him the year. Either case, I'm for a pass first pg with Green, than one with KPJ.

Be it Green or KPJ starting, I really don't care which. Green is very skinny, he might be more successful for the box score numbers (and better number for his roty case) coming off the bench. Plus the 2nd unit leans more defense whereas starting lineup lean more offense and Green might not get all his touches.

Back to KPJ, if he's extended, at a 3-4mil deal it's an attractive trade chip.

#73 TimDuncanDonaut, Nov 7, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    jch1911 and sydmill like this.
  14. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

Just move him into the 6th man role to run the offense with the 2nd unit and get a real starting pg.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Just move him to the SG spot if you want a "real PG".

16. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

We are rebuilding. Veteran PG is not going to come here. Even Oladipo and Wall don't want to be here. I'm talking a non-shoot first PG that can control the pace of the ball and not turn the ball over so many times. I can think of Rozier, but he just signed extension. Another I can think of is Nunn, I don't know if Lakers need that many PG. Obviously the answer now is tank and draft one. Too bad next year isn't a year for PG. So keep develop KPJ and Christopher and wait for the right opportunity.

sydmill likes this.
  17. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

It is a wait and see because he is only averaging 13 points a game.
    First Year: he average 10 points a game
    Second Year: 16 points a game
    This Year: ???
    He is regressing. By mid December we should know if this PG experiment is going to work then we need to cut him. This guy is not going back to SF, THIS might be Cleveland all over again. Green and Sengun will be fine but at the trade deadline we might need to trade Gordon for a talented PG and we should not wait for a trade. THIS IS HIS 3RD YEAR HE NEEDS TO DO IT NOW.

BigShasta and PeterKingX like this.
  18. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Honestly wood should have given someone else the ball instead of dribbling through 4 defenders with it so I’m not sure if he isn’t justified

mikenm268 likes this.
  19. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Another problem I have with Wood is some time KPJ/Green is trying to drive, he just stood in the paint and watch. He is a stretch big go create some spacing. Make it look like there is no game plan at all.

Dobbizzle and palmsnbananas like this.
  20. Jontro

Jontro Member

not a fan of kjp. would trade him for suggs, who fits better with green peen and turkish delight