1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Have a lot of venom for Harden? What is the venom? What is the venom or hatred that I am spewing for Harden? Oh wait, the facts about his playoff performances or my simple and logical point of view for his play as of late which is absolutely a possibility and what is happening with him.

In this thread if you aren't sucking Harden's dick you are hating him or have venom for him, there is no in between... I'm rooting for Harden, I want to see him dominate teams not Durant.... I want to see him do what Giannis did last year in the playoffs. Problem is that people like you and others, you know who you are... Can't take criticism of his game. And when someone speaks out on his flaws we get jumped at as these haters when in reality some of us are just pointing out that he has flaws and has had problems in the playoffs.

I have never said Harden is trash, Harden sucks at basketball.... He is an incredible regular season player, I have never seen a player more dominant in the regular season. He has the talent to be the best player in the league, he should be doing better in Brooklyn with Durant but has come up short. My speculation is that maybe he is dropping off because he has tons of minutes played and is getting older... How is that hating on Harden? I say that about LeBron and no one would say anything other than its possible.... But since I dared go there with you people its all or nothing....

Maybe start a thread where yall take turns complimenting Harden only and not discussing the actual player on his play.... Just compliments!

2. amaru

amaru Member

That’s not just one foul it’s multiple lol. I get that the refs can’t call everything but if you let defenders play like that scoring will plummet lol

JayGoogle and vlaurelio like this.
  3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Oh please.

First, you’re rooting for Harden? And now you’re trying to say that you don’t have any venom for this guy? All we need to do is review some of your (many) posts across any thread and we’ll see how emotional you are about this guy. Just be honest, it’ll release some of that anger in you. All you do is whine about him and write about dick sucking. I think we’d all be happier if you kept your rants on YouTube.

Second, if you’re so confident that he won’t be good this season, why don’t we make a tip jar bet?

clos4life, vlaurelio and HP3 like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So why do you think those fans' opinions are now holding weight?

I don't disagree with anything you have said about what he did before but he has stopped flopping for a couple of years now.

What has changed?

5. DreamR

DreamR Member

Due to his recent struggles so far this season with the rule changes in regards to fouls, as well as my realization that I always gave him the benefit of the doubt when he was a Rocket, I think that he might rely on fouls a little more than I thought.

Which to me gives a little weight to what other people have said about him. Though on second thought they may be bias with their hate towards him which is why they say what they say. Regardless, that doesn't mean they're 100% right which is why I said SOME weight.

Honestly, I didn't think the rule changes would affect him as much as it has and it is still a small sample size so nothing is set in stone.

As for the flopping, I didn't watch any Nets games last year, and I missed a lot of the games during his last full year in Houston, but from what I remember he did try to exaggerate contact quite a bit before that.

Perhaps he's changed his game a little. My interest in finding out if he has or not isn't that strong right now. I'd rather just focus mostly on the current Rockets players that we have.

6. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Looks like the Pacers were just sloppy.

clos4life and HP3 like this.
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Pacers thought the refs were going to let that go, they were clear fouls.... If Harden can continue drawing them like that he is going to have a really good season, maybe they can win enough to get home court.. Just gotta convince Irving to get the jab they can make a run at the title...

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Typically, all time great players (especially those with all time great advanced stats and per in the playoffs, like Harden) don't randomly fall off a cliff and become worse.

The statistical likihood (you know, logic) that Harden plays even 10% worse across the board for an entire season is nearly zero (if he follows other players with similar career arcs).

The good news for you is that he isn't immortal. He will EVENTUALLY fall off. Your "logic" will make you look like a moron for his entire career, but at least you'll eventually be correct, even if you didn't take a logical approach to get there. A broken clock is more correct than you are. Sad, but that's reality.

clos4life and jiggyfly like this.
  10. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

I too would like to see him face injured team after injured team after injured team on the way to a championship like giannis. Unfortunately not everyone is that lucky

HP3 likes this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Harden has not been the same for over a season now, his numbers have dropped scoring wise.... He turned into a different player, a facilitator and distributor. That's fine, we have seen several faces from Harden since OKC but even Harden apologist are admitting he is playing like $hit right now. I never said he has fallen of the face of the earth and is now unplayable, I said maybe its time and how many minutes he has played... Sorry I hurt your feelings for saying a 12 year vet could be losing a step and this may not be a simple he will be ok moment. You are having a hard time letting go so you will try and save face by saying eventually I will be right... I don't care for being right, I rather see Harden playing well... Once again, those who dare bring up a possibilities are hating on Harden and in the event that those are right its just because eventually he will drop off right? Keep riding..

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Salvy

Salvy Member

I don't see many challengers in the East this year, I can honestly say I believe the only team in the way of Brooklyn this year are The Bucks... He may not get lucky with injured teams but he may get to face teams with tons of question marks like Philly and Boston... This year is a golden opportunity for Harden to reach the Finals again and they don't need Irving for that. If his step back starts dropping consistently and he can cut down on t/o Brooklyn will be up there in wins...

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Brooklyn is in the way of Brooklyn.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

James is smart, he will figure out how they are calling the game and find a way to take advantage of that, he is not a great shooter, but he knows how to game the system to his advantage.

Very very smart, high BBall IQ.....and one that can also take advantage of the third team on the floor, the refs.

DD

red5rocket, clos4life and hakeem94 like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He changed in Houston.

16. i3artow i3aller

#6596 i3artow i3aller, Oct 31, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    cheke64 likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

oth if he gets injured i expect durant to lead them to 8th seed at most and it might be an uphill battle to win from 8th seed

Salvy likes this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I always thought it was common knowledge that Harden does tend to start years of slow.

Rocket River likes this.