1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALDS Astros vs. White Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 6, 2021.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Their lineup was fine, but as many analysts pointed out, it was extremely reliant on the home run ball and clutch hitting. It was always going to be a bit of a crapshoot with them, but I think most of us expected they would still find annoying, prickly, smoke-and-mirrors ways to win games even if their offense wasn't elite in that series.

That's the beauty of the playoffs though. The Red Sox hitters were locked in, and the inexperience of the young Rays' staff were exploited.

Game on!

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Ahhhhh....I see now. Thanks for the clarification.

4. STR8Thugg

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I just wish it was more abrasive.)

5. STR8Thugg

So what are we dealing with with the Red Sox pitching? I didn't really watch them that much. I know their offense is pretty good, Martinez and Devers scare the hell out of me. Renfrow is a weapon. Arroyo, Vasquez, Verdugo, and Keke Hernandez can be absolute pests... Having Alex Cora and having a bounce back year didn't surprise me, but I don't know much about their pitching.

Sale is an injury concern atm, Eovaldi is a decent pitcher but has terrific postseason numbers, Rodriguez I don't know much about, nor do I know anything about their bullpen.

What level of concern should we have for their pitching staff? What kind of stuff are we dealing with? Even tho we lit up the White Sox, their talent in their rotation and bullpen was next level.

6. phasors28

phasors28 Member

He’s from Alvin. I thought he was interested in signing with us a couple of years ago as well

7. Landry's Tooth

Tiny sample size...

In a series with 20 plate appearances the difference between hitting. 300 and hitting .200 is 2 plate appearances...

I'm not worried about him anymore than getting him rest for a couple of days... his glove is really good so he does help on that end...

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wait, why does Keke hate us? Or do you mean he has a lot of success against us?

10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Didn't he want to sign here but Luhnow was not even considering him due to injury history?

11. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

F*u*(c*k that guy.

J.R. likes this.
  12. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I know Papa's Ice House near the Little League baseball field and where James Harden used to hold basketball camp for a year at least. I'm not much of a bar guy since I don't drink.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Wait...is he saying we're not high up on his "hate" list? Or, he has a list of teams he loves and we're not high up on that list? o_O:)

14. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Nice pitch Framber !

15. Jalen Green OnlyFan

McCormick was 3 for 4 today and a hero of the game.

He's more clutch than meyers and you better start respecting him instead of being a salty ass hater.

16. BonziWellsGOAT

lmfaoooo you went to another thread to pull a comment about me calling you out for being a d******d? ok bud. I like McCormick, why would I ever root against him? You were talking about how it was a good thing Meyers (Who was playing well and getting hits) got hurt so please take your terrible opinions and shove them all the way up your ass. Have a nice night.

17. Jalen Green OnlyFan

You’re overreacting out the butt.

I said I feel terrible for Meyers on a personal level but it benefits the astros because McCormick is a better hitter in big game clutch situations.

Was I not proven right? Stop underrating Chas