1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Navy vs Houston

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Sep 24, 2021.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I can't believe it but it feels like I'm watching a Tony Levine team.

I'm bored to tears and the non-boring parts are disappointing.

2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I knew 20 was too many points to lay vs a triple option team we had 4 offensive possessions and a punt return td in the first half.

The drive at the end of the half might have been the dumbest football I have ever seen in my life. I understand why some fans were screaming at Dana after that crap.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Navy is the only team where you can have 60 points scored and still be bored to death.

They throw 1 pass per quarter, and if they complete it, it's a touchdown.

The bigger problem is that our offense cannot stay on the field to save its life, which is why we're lucky we got that win to begin with, because our defense should have broken after our offense hung them out to dry so badly for 3 quarters. All credit to Doug Belk, he and his boys locked it down after halftime.

I expect more out of a Holgorsen offense though. This feels a lot like when David Gibbs' defense was dragging Tony Levine's (read: Travis Bush) totally inept offenses over the goal line every week.

4. Buck Turgidson

Was Nebraska boring for 30 years? The option is what it is.

I get your frustration, I don't understand how Holgorsen has been so mediocre in/at Houston.