1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

I've heard of his sons previously. Hercy is a freshman as Tennessee State Univ. who plays as well. Never really thought Mercy would be an option as he's more talented and the bigger schools will be recruiting as well. Of course things can change, But UH got to him very very early.

King1 and Fulgore like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

If I remember right, Master P might have played at UH. I’m pretty sure I remember hearing that, but I have no recollection of him.

5. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know he is just a HS kid, but some how I'd feel better if his dad wasn't speaking for him.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Well, he is in a very strong high school program with a very strong AAU and club basketball feeder system. It is the same program that Chet Holmgren and Jalen Suggs played for.

King1 and YOLO like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

He is 15 years old, he doesn't need to be talking to the media... however I agree that we won't know what he really wants to do until his time comes.

King1 likes this.
  8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I think he was supposed to, but hurt a knee and it never happened.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He actually played for the Raptors

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

King1 and Pat like this.
  11. Aware

Aware Member

12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd actually love a last minute finger to the "BIG" 12, as we join the PAC...or the equivalent out East. : )

ShutURBiG! and seemoreroyals like this.
  13. mastan

mastan Member

Tim Moore is my favorite player never to play NBA game.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Conference play for the program just got massively upgraded. Can't wait for these games in a few years

In the meantime, at least we have Bates twice this year

HTXSportsAddict and Nook like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Everyone is centered around football with the conference reallignment.... but the big winner in all of this is the UH basketball program.... they are now in an elite conference for basketball..... Baylor, Kansas, TT, CIN, Iowa St, KST, OKST, TCU, WV, BYU, UCF....

That is a basketball conference that can win a national title any season..... and UH being in Houston, in that conference... with UT is a lesser basketball conference.... has a chance to recruit extremely well.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yup for the most part I've had just certain games circled. The usual's Cincy, memphis, WS, UCF, etc from the better AAC teams. Now that gets expanded big time.

Sampson making it to the national title game is very much a possibility before he officially leaves this team to Kellen years from now.

[​IMG]

King1 likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

I am curious to see how the recruiting plays out.

The SEC is a huge deal for football, and that is only going to help the recruiting for UT and OU..... however the SEC is not as good a basketball conference, and it isn't going to be as good as the new Big XII basketball conference. A team like UH could really capitalize on that from a recruiting standpoint. I wouldn't assume that UT will necessarily have the pick of the litter for basketball recruits in Texas anymore.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sampson has garnered the attention of so many high profile kids of this era. This will only help it. With that comes more 1 and done's though. but He won't have to wait for transfers as much anymore imo. I'm not too worried about it at all. He still prides himself on finding the kids not getting enough exposure, who are as good as the ones getting more notoriety. now in a bigger conference even a bigger pool of players to pick from with interest.

#4018 YOLO, Sep 10, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

20. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Looks like it's a go for Terrence Arceneaux to UH. With the talented kids we already have and ongoing recruiting looks like Cougar Men's Basketball is going to be good for years to come.