1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah, that's the problem. This doesn't mean that getting infected "works just as well" or "works better" than getting vaccinated, because you are putting yourself at risk and potentially contributing to spread. To ignore that aspect of it would be foolish.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Montgomery County, being deep red, is a little slower on important things...

Health officials warn against ivermectin use for COVID-19
    https://www.yourconroenews.com/neig...273.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If I have my choice of policy:

- vaccination isn't necessary for prior infection but recommended (1 shot provide even more robust protection)
    - prior infection provide great protection so vaccination is not required (need proof of covid positive)
    - clearly communicate do not have covid parties

I hate hiding as I think it erode trust.

4. Gioan Baotixita

I agree with holding Covid parties is the most idiotic thing people can do.

durvasa likes this.
  5. Gioan Baotixita

My line of thinking is the same as yours on this one. I hate it when it's a one size fits all and you must comply or else.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I've been watching "The West Wing" for the umpteenth time and I was reminded of a great scene in which President Bartlett was looking for a sign from G-d to help him make a decision about commuting a person's death sentence. It struck me as completely apt in regards to the idiotic thought that G-d will save you from COVID if you just believe...

I'm not a religious person. If I were and I fully believed in G-d, I'd like to think that it was working through the scientists, doctors, nurses, etc. that were all screaming to take precautions, wear a f***ing mask, and get f***ing vaccinated.

Deckard, DaDakota and London'sBurning like this.
  7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

8. adoo

adoo Member

HK is not an island.

btw,

Hawaii and Puerto Rico are islands; they, despite higher vaccination rates, have much higher COVID 19 infection and death rates than Singapore, Taiwan and NZ,
    all of whom are much closer to China​

9. cdastros

cdastros Member

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Non-islands that handled Covid noticeably better (until this current moment) are Germany, Austria, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Isreal, UAE, Canada

Norway, Denmark, Finland, for example, are 3 developed countries that saw it's life expectancy INCREASE from 2019 to 2020 according to OCED data

For some reason, this trend amongst nordic nordic nations does not include Sweden, which saw its life expectancy decline by over 2/3rds of a year @Os Trigonum

The USA lost over 1.5 years

Amiga and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

It has not been. It's a really new paper that was published only 5 days ago. I hope other researchers will take a look this too. It's a retrospective study so the study should be reproduceable in other places given enough time and data points.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Unvaccinated dipshits overcrowding at ICUs are the natural conclusion for this mindset.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Just to add ... Vietnam and other Asian countries did amazingly well against Alpha. Doing horribly against Delta. Let's just said we very lucky for covid vaccines before Delta.

FranchiseBlade and ElPigto like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

15. WNBA

WNBA Member

US is still the No.1 in daily infected and death. The vaccines did not bring luck.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Where do you think the US and the rest of the world would be today without covid vaccines ?

17. Gioan Baotixita

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

My freedom. You can't take my right away to make others sick if I desire to do so. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

20. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member