1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case for Josh Christopher - Possibly Best Value Pick w/ All-star Potential

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Aug 8, 2021.

1. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

His ceiling is being MVP of the NBA?

2. bmelo

bmelo Member

This playing style maxes out as Westbrook and that's not a compliment. For example Vasilis Spanoulis playing style maxes out as John Stockton. I just don't like JC playing profile and its something that's rather hard to change

3. bmelo

bmelo Member

BTW mvp award is crap there was not one season in Westbrooks career when he would go #1 in fantasy draft. Probably not even top5. This award is meaningless

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Assuming we have Gordon and wall , Id want Josh to go to the g-league .

he can stay up with the pro team for a While to practice and watch . That’s something I thought Morey undervalued , or maybe it was mda . With a young team , we need practices. Something that was notoriously missing with MDA .

he needs to hone a ranged option , idc if it’s a 18 foot pull-up , but that’s OK if he can eventually hone it to near 50% . More than that he needs to hone decision making .

but this is also based off summer league , which , is kinda useless.

right now Josh could slot in as a nwaba backup . He’s got serious size . Let’s hope he grows more too lol.

If you squint you can see Andre igoudala.

out of all the rookies , his athleticism is the one that pops the most . Green I’m sure was not : A , going all out. B. Is a bit light in the pants . C. wasn’t really set up .

He’s got a good guys to learn from in nwaba and Gordon . Maybe he can pickup Eric’s dry sense of humor . They can grow out their mustaches.

impact potential , but a ways to go . Even good ones usually don’t become “playoff good” and savvy early on . Guys learn to handle the marathon and have advanced mental game .

5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Rockets want Josh Christopher to develop as a Point Guard. I think he really can develop in the G League First. Develop and Improve his 3 point shot and play making for others.

Play half the season and then get called up and learn from John Wall, DJ Augustin, Kevin Porter Jr.

saleem and dmoneybangbang like this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

We have a glut of guards and the G League is perfect for him. Frankly, regardless of guard depth the G League is perfect for him so he can actually play and develop instead warming the bench.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

everyone has All-Star potential these days…the hype for any young player that comes around is getting outta hand

BallSoHarden and rocketseagles07 like this.
  8. rocketseagles07

Exactly. That’s why I hate all the prisoner of the moment reactions… if he can become a solid guy off the bench that’s a win. Anything above that is really a win when you consider where he got picked.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

some dude was telling me the other day he could be D-Wade…smh, stop disrespecting the greats that have played this game and overhyping every young player

YOLO, IvanLCPM, Richie_Rich and 3 others like this.
  10. rocketseagles07

Lmaooooooo. Man even in the OKC vs rockets roster thread I’m like fam none of us know yet.
    The Jokic/giannis/etc come around every now and then but it’s crazy rare to find an all star level talent in the 20’s. Damn sure ain’t gon find a d wade

Patience and Reeko like this.
  11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The kid has shown a lot of promise in Summer League and has grown on me. He plays hard & hard-nosed with a chip on his shoulder.

Needs to learn how to play under control, work on his shot & shot selection, and work on distributing the ball.

He's got a great motor and looks like he could be a sparkplug off the bench in the coming years.

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Quentin Grimes better ?

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

D-Wade is exactly who he can be thou.... But better...

Scarface281 and hongxingli like this.
  14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Hell yeah, Christoper is big time.... Grimes is little time playing big time in the summer league... Youll see

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

RED LIGHT, RED LIGHT

D-rock and saleem like this.
  17. Salvy

Salvy Member

drop, shut 'em down, open up shop

[​IMG]

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yeah exactly. he's not a natural PG, but can learn to do it in the GL. he has good playmaking instincts but rarely looks to set up his teammates. you mentioned he needs to work on shot selection. that was the nice way of saying it! I'd say he needs to stop looking to score and start looking for assists because he's not a good shooter but he's lowkey a really solid distributor. he's also not going to be asked to take all of these contested shots in the NBA. his role will be as a facilitator and spot up shooter.

he needs to work on the shot, work on looking to pass more, get that handle from good to great. the defense is there but he'll get more experienced there too.

I don't think he has all star potential, but he has starter potential, likely high end rotation guy (6th-8th man on a contending team) and that's great value for his draft position.

vator likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OP is legend™. whatever he says is good enough for me. :cool:

hakeem94 and Medicine N Music like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Sometimes you gotta let people dream big. JC gonna be better than DWade..

[​IMG]

hakeem94, weopeo9744 and Ramo$e like this.