1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Expectations/predictions of our Record Poll

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonatelloLimestone, Aug 16, 2021.

?

Rockets 21-22 Record

1. under 20 wins

6 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. 20-33 wins

108 vote(s)
    80.6%
  3. well make the play-in

11 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. well make the playoffs

6 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Well win the title/make the finals(Woo! Ric Flair)

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The way the Rockets Rookies are playing in the summer league. The Hustle, Defense, Rebounding, Lateral Defense.

Alperen Sengun taking charges, playing like Jokic, Dirk on offense, passing and making others better.

Usman Garuba, Josh Christopher being a surprise. They two need some development in the G League. They can help the team midseason. Once they understand their roles. Josh learning the PG position. Usman learning the offense.

The Rockets are going to be competitive.

Hopefully get to play in Tournament.

2. mightybosstone

I was going to say exactly the same. Somewhere in that 25-35 wins feels right. If the team gels early and a clear rotation develops, closer to 35. If it takes the rookies a while, and rotations are all over the place, closer to 25.

I also think it's possible they could start sitting guys later in the season to maximize their draft positioning. Stone will want to get the most out of this pick since the Rockets own it. If they miss out on the play-in game and are still picking 10th or worse, that would be a major disappointment.

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  3. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

If Wall and Gordon are playing we will fight for play in tournament I think. Otherwise we will be a 20 win team

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I am looking at 28-30 wins personally. I am hoping Gordon and Wall are not on the team either by the end of the season but 28-30 seems about right if its just the really young guys and Christian Wood playing.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The only possible way we could overtake any of those teams is if the Blazers trade Dame and blow it up at the beginning of the season AND every single player on our team outplays expectations. And on top of that we would need John Wall, Eric Gordon and Christian Wood to all have healthy seasons. What's the over/under on that because I'm ready to place a bet right now.

We cap out at 25 wins tops in my opinion. Some of y'all are just wildly optimistic. Name a single team in NBA history that has had a winning record when over half of their roster is 21 and younger. I cannot think of one.

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

41 wins

BamBam likes this.
  7. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Kobe's rookie year, his team was 56–26.

Thanks to Horry / Shaq.

Jalen will have the same record.

Wood / Sengun will make sure.

8. Williamson

Oh sure. Wood and Sengun are definitely as good as Shaquille ****ing O'neal and Big Shot Bob. Kobe was literally 7 years younger than the second youngest guy on that roster. It's just not a comparable situation in the slightest. And that's even if Jalen is as good as Kobe - and he's got a long way to go before we should even talk about comparing the two.

9. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Stats:

Shaq - 26 points / 12 rebs

Horry - 9 Points / 5 Rebs

Kobe - 7 points

vs

Sengun - 16 points / 10 rebs

Wood - 23 points / 9 rebs

Jalen - 19 points

10. Williamson

Because Cedric Ceballos, Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Byron Scott, Derek Fisher. George McLoud and Elden Campbell had nothing to do with their success. And Robert Horry's contributions are definitely fully reflected in the boxscore.

Man, they had a whole ass team of productive vets on top of one of the 5 best players in the league. We've got the ghost of John Wall and broken down Eric Gordon. GTFO.

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

35-47

I am an optimist :eek:

12. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Glad you agree with me on Sengun / Jalen / Wood >>> Shaq / Kobe / Horry

13. Williamson

lol

BossHogg713 and TWS1986 like this.
  14. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Yeah I think somewhere in the 20's , low 30's range is about right. Hoping for more and everything to just click perfectly, but that probably won't happen.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think we will be better than Detroit. Jalen will make sure of it.

16. DonatelloLimestone

@Williamson
    anyone whose citing surface box score with no efficiency context is not making a serious argument

you can find those same stats shaq had for karl anythong towns, doesnt mean they are going to produce like those lakers.

10 points for just referencing rockets legend, Robert Horry.