1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Green out for the remainder of the summer league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Aug 12, 2021.

1. gogispade

gogispade Member

Load management already???

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

We got an injury prone concern and a load management post back to back. Clutchfans never disappoints.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

@Jalen Green OnlyFan

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Dont want to alarm you guys too much but Ive been watching Doc video on him and I think he had/has a hairline fracture I have no idea how that works or heals but he seems to be fine now. Everyone of these guys has had an injury before I bet.

5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Dont forget that Josh Christopher is only here to "appease" Green, whatever that means lol I love Clutchfans lol

#105 Joe Rocket, Aug 13, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    BigM likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I wouldn't be concerned about fractures. Those are just results of freak accidents and usually heal up with no long term repercussions as long as they are healed properly. A history of soft tissue and ligament ailments is what would be concerning.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  7. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Ehhh depends how you look at it. The hamstring has been a bit of an issue. He pulled it in the g league too.

It happened in part because he overworks himself. He would work out twice in the early morning without his trainers or coaches knowing before he works out with the team.

He has passion and work ethic but needs to learn moderation more. Also he’s a bit of an explosive freak like Will Fuller so you always worry about soft tissue things like hamstring.

He also had a hairline fracture in high school. But no he’s not injury prone, he’s only 19 and can play through most things. Rockets are just playing it safe. He’ll be fine long term. Every hooper gets some tweaks here and there.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think a NBA professional training staff will help out a lot for Green. He needs rest days with training especially if his goal is to build muscle. You can't build muscle if you overexert yourself everyday. You need solid sleep and proper rest.

At his young age he probably thinks training 10 hours a day is good for his body...(it's not)

9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

That's good to hear.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. conquistador#11

Is Suggs getting bubble wrapped also? Saw the highlight were he hurt his hand.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Weaver needs to now shift the offense and see what Sengun can do as the focal point.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Hamstring issue at 19yo. A bit concerning. It’s probably nothing. But still.

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Well he did finish Gleague and then got drafted and then thrown into Summer League where he played extended minutes again. Let's not Yao Ming the new Star. He needs to be eased in. Get him in a proper diet starting now. Get him in the gym and have him work on his body. The skill set and everything else will follow. That hamstring tightness should give Everyone a scare especially Silas and Tillman.

TriumVirate likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Compound fractures scare me more.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’m now realizing some of you guys are serious.

16. Since75

Since75 Member

This wringing of hands and worrying is really too much. How bout we worry when there's really something to be worried about?