1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Summer League Highlights

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Aug 8, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was just riffing, he probably looked more pedestrian in his first game.

1st picks are always tricky because expectations are sky high and odds of busting are also high.

2. amaru

amaru Member

If the Rockets could be so fortunate. McGrady was a hell of a player.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

its one game of course but there is enough that I saw to see that Green will be a legit NBA player. Time will tell if he will be the foundational piece that we all hope he will be but the year in the g-league you could tell helped him tremendously. He just looked so out of place in the first game - in a good way- that he was able to get whatever shot he wanted and just looked super comfortable. He made some good passes and plays but that will come for sure. I dont believe he is going to be asked to do a lot of playmaking anyway that should fall on Wall (for as long as he stays/plays) and KPJ.

His scoring was just effortless - I mean there are only a handful of players that makes the game look that way. Now to see if he continues that for the rest of the SL games and of course into the season.

Given the way the league is trending having a guy like Green/Cade is going to be more valuable than someone like Mobley but honestly I dont think the Rockets would be wrong if they got either Cade or Mobley.

I dont think I've been ask excited for a Rockets rookie though since Eddie Griffin - hopefully Green doesnt end up disappointing the same way Griffin did.

FLASH21, D-rock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. sefril

sefril Member

not to derailing this Jalen Green thread, but just want to mention that Hakeem elevates his game in the playoff. Significantly.

i guess that i was spoiled watching Hakeem games as a kid.

Back to Jalen Green, excited to see the effortless scoring and silky smooth dribbling. Hoping he add the muscle (very skinny lol) and maybe better at drawing the foul.

HP3 likes this.
  5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

very true.

I like Cade I would have taken him with the number one pick myself.

I wonder what Lukas first summer league outing was like.

Jalen green def has the upper hand by playing in a more NBA ready system last year although I’m not as high on the GLeague thing as some might be yet but it’s an interesting option. last year Green kinda played in a AAU tournament imo it was in a bubble no travel no fans not on major television.

but he did play with grown men who were getting paid to play basketball and some were actual NBA players.

and I love the Green pick but I do like Cade I think both will be very good maybe great players.

saleem likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Dude, look at their teams. Tell me if you really believe in any of those circumstances that another player would have gotten us through? Tell me who would have beaten the GS Warriors(with Durant) by themselves? When the game is on the line ignores how a game got to be that close in the first place. We can just sit there and go .....yup the last 6 minutes of the game tells the whole story. And I havent said Harden was better than any of those players FYI. But besides Dream, Kobe or MJ usually had at least two other all stars next to them or one all time great player. He's not even a Rocket anymore so its pointless to discuss this.

Maybe? I hope so.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The Cade ceiling comp would be Grant Hill. Not Uber athletic but fills up the stat sheet with triple double like numbers. Hill didn’t shoot many 3s though and he’s a legit 6’8’’ unlike Cade.:D

Green does remind me a lot of Tmac. Quick and wiry and always ready to pull up and shoot or just drive right by you. His shooting though looks as pure as I’ve seen since Curry/Klay. He came off a screen in yesterday’s game and buried a 3 and all I could think was wow. Clean looks are going to be money.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

He can't.

He has an obsessive compulsion when it comes to Harden.

Many knowledgeable posters have called chowd out for the baseless and completely unsubstantiated assertions made about Harden.

And even when presented with evidence to the contrary, chowd refuses to admit he was spouting BS.

Chowd believes I despise him for his Harden hate, but I just cannot tolerate gaslighters.

Gaslighters are a stain on society.

HP3 likes this.
  9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Can I call a white person Monkey?

10. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Anyone that hates Harden doesn't watch basketball. He is the reason why we were a competitive team even when he was surrounded by garbage supporting cast. Here's to hoping Jalen can make us a title contender soon

D-rock and saleem like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Gaslighting implies I'm not sincere about my views on Harden right? Guess what? I am. So no I'm not gaslighting. You just have issues with disagreement about Harden. That's a "you" problem.

You definitely despise me merely because we have different views of Harden and you even used that hate to fuel a narrative that I'm racist. That's what I actually call gaslighting and unlike in your narrative bubble, there were actually many posters calling YOU out for that bs.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Weird. I always remember Hill as being crazy athletic. lol.

saleem, Da Man and Ottomaton like this.
  13. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

WE'RE ALL MONKEYS!

[​IMG]

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Maybe because I always remember him post injury?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Post injury Grant Hill actually is a pretty solid comparison for Cade.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Probably. Coming into the league, Grant Hill was damn-near the perfect basketball player - at least for that era. High BBIQ, can jam it down your throat because he had hops, could take it 1-on-1, could shoot, could drive, could pass/play point, could defend, etc. It was fun watching him. For a while, he was the heir-apparent to MJ to most people when you combine his persona with his talents, then the injuries happened.

D-rock likes this.
  17. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Yeah, Grant looked headed toward the conversation for GOAT. Cade is no Grant Hill, but, neither is Jalen.

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

Tfor3 likes this.
  19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

The one at the 1;00 mark.

Splash.

I wanted Mobley, right up until that shot. Thank god I'm not the GM lol

Uprising and Fulgore like this.
  20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member