1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BobFinn's Basketball Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BobFinn*, Oct 13, 2003.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

2. Summer Song Giver

Thanks also go to a deserving commish, i know it was alot of headaches getting the league to run as smoothly as it did, thnx bobfinn

3. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

thanks Finn and yall !!!

4. Matador

Matador Member

congrats to you moe.

and a big thanks to Finn for running the league and all the other competitors.

like moe said KG was a super stud this year and any team that had him had a huge advantage. But you did have some other great players also. Baron looked liked like an MVP canidate early in the year.

I may have not had a top notch competitve team this year but I think I can crown myself "King of the Transactions." :) Some worked out ala Dalembert, Sura at the end of the year, Ronald Murray at least for the first couple of months of the season but much more didn't pan out quite as well at least in the long term for example: Micheal Doleac, Boris Diaw-Riffiod, Brian Cardinal, Slava Medvedenko, DeShawn Stevenson, Devean George, Kendall Gill, Chris Mihm, Trenton Hassell, Howard Eisley, Jake Voskuhl, Christian Laettner, Kenny Anderson, etc, etc, etc. :eek: I had a few players I shoulda hung onto like James Posey.

The reason I started off making so many transactions, at least early in the season, was I was trying to max my number of games played going for guys with alot of games on their schedule since Finn didn't put a limit on games played. Well when Fanstar decided not to update scores or go with the bi-weekly line-ups my plan got shot to hell and I wasted alot of time and fantasy points trying to set my roster with less quality players that played more games rather than better perfoming players that played less games. I think Fanstar really hurt my team by not going by-weekly like I thought we were supposed to.

Well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it. and I'm sure I'll have to come up with a better excuse next year if I lose again.

5. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Could someone tell me who was the owner of team Crash N' Burn?

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Poodlfur

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

quick question... Would anyone do this trade and why or why not?

I have CC Sabathia and was offered C. Lee for him(the outfielder)

this is my current StartingPitching staff and we use era, whip, k, w, s, hld

R.oswalt
    Beckett
    haladay
    sabathia
    redding
    ainsworth
    j.seo(mets)

rp's
    dotel
    wagner
    lidge
    r.wagner
    soriano
    terry adams
    duckworth

and thas it I think

my bats are
    pudge
    dunn
    M.giles(replaced with b. hill of pitssburg)
    O.cabrera
    Ensberg
    Wells
    Alou
    Teixeira
    J.Bay
    Kearns
    Byrd
    Johnson

and only 2 of those are bench spots which are being used by nick johnson and now giles...

this is a keeper league if that helsp any.

thx

8. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Hell no. Sabathia is one of the most promising young pitchers in the game, and looks to be having a breakout season. Carlos Lee is no big prize. Terrible trade.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You guys do know you're posting in the basketball thread, right?

10. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

my bad, it was late, and i think I clicked on the wrong thread...:eek: