1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Dodgers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 25, 2021.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Somebody else will know better but I’m pretty sure he was our top pitching prospect since the tank of Whitley. Not sure what that translates to in MLB projections but him being good isn’t a surprise.

2. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Garcia has been excellent. It was great to see him stretched out and throw 6 solid innings. With Framber and Odorizzi returning this weekend- and assuming Lance’s shoulder injury is nothing major(it’s been reported that he has some fluid inside the shoulder) Garcia may join Javier in the pen.

I really think that could be a major boost to the pen. Raley has been much improved over the last 10 days or so... but I get nervous with just about everyone besides Pressly coming out of that pen. Give me Javier and Garcia in some high leverage situations all day over Joe Smith, Scrubb, and (for now) Paredes.

Stanek has really solid numbers- but his fastball seems pretty straight and his secondary pitches aren’t anything special in my opinion. He gets squared up pretty good and had a 98 MPH fastball launched off of the homerun counter last night.

However, Feeling a lot better about our overall stable of pitchers with Framber back and hoping Odorizzi can be the inning eater we brought him in to be.

Hopefully Yordan’s injury is nothing major. Wouldn’t be surprised if Dusty decided to give him another mental rest day with Bauer on the mound- plus today’s off day- to gather himself before this Padre series.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Yep. He's basically got two secondary pitches for RHBs (slider, cutter) and two secondary pitches for LHBs (curve, change). His fastball is the only pitch batters are breaking even on. He dominates RHBs, and does okay against LHBs. If he can learn to control change just a little bit better, he'll be able to throw a few less fastballs to LHBs (or locate his fastball a bit better).

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

2-on-1, Astros take the L
    Pregnant wife even got a shot in.

“KPRC 2 learned from Houston police that three people involved in the melee were not arrested, but issued citations for fighting in a public place. They were also banned from Minute Maid Park for one year.”

#364 J.R., May 27, 2021
    Last edited: May 27, 2021
  5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He was seen as a BoR starter or reliever by most. Law thought MoR starter was possible. Since coming to the majors, he has developed his cutter, and he looks like MoR is now likely with him possibly being better.

everyday eddie and BigM like this.
  6. SuraGotMadHops

Before the game I said please just beat Tyler and I will forgive yall for the last 4 atrocious games...forgiven! Extra sweet that it was '17 guys Altuve and Carlos that took that fool deep.

everyday eddie, BigM, jim1961 and 2 others like this.
  7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

9. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Now THAT is a great shot! Tyler watching...bye bye

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So he stepped in for his boy and got molly wopped and his boy did nothing but throw them weak as punches?

And for the whole world to see?

I know who I am deleting from my phone and never talking to again, somebody needs some new friends.

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Painful to watch the Stros guy get beat up. The punk had the top, space, and the Stros guy was in a non-fighting position which made it devastating. The punk was going tor the kill, no reason to hit anymore if the guy is bleeding. Typical Dodgers fans.

12. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

My favorite part about this is all the dodger and yankee fans thinking(based off that one Astro fan gettin his ass beat) that Astro fans don’t have hands....

Don’t get it twisted. Catch the right one and Dodger and Yankee fans can get mopped just as bad... or worse

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I was one section away from this fight. I didn’t see anything other than the guy’s face bloodied up, but I was behind the dodger dugout and those had to be the worst seats in the stadium. We were outnumbered.

Tomstro likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What.

The Stros guy jumped into the fight and threw a punch he was in a non fighting position because he got rocked after he threw a punch.

It was 2 on 1 and the dodger guy had no idea what would have happened if he stopped, I can tell you have never been in a fight, since when do you stop a fight because someone is bleeding?

It's amazing how we assign blame because of a team jersey when you have no idea of what started everything.

It's painful to see how someone can assign blame because of team they happen to root for.

15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The whole thing is trashy as hell and really ****ing embarrassing all around.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

welp, if this is true those 2 stros dudes (obviously neither can fight) got exactly what they deserved.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...g-astros-vs-dodgers-game-at-minute-maid-park/

“There were some Astros fans, two guys in particular, that kept hassling. They were chiming back and forth with the Dodger guy,” said Cindy Lehenbaur who was sitting in Section 107 where the fight happened.

According to Lehenbaur, it was an Astros fan who threw the first punch.

“One thing led to another and one of the Astros guys came by and punched him and he had his wife, I think she was pregnant and their baby, and he just went crazy,” she said.

In videos, a man and woman wearing Dodgers jerseys were fighting two men, one of whom appeared to be wearing an Astros shirt.

“Don’t always believe videos like they appear because this one was deceiving in the sense of who was at fault in this. I saw a daddy trying to protect his family. That’s what I saw,” said Lehenbauer.

Helen Ramirez, who was also sitting nearby, also confirmed that an Astros fan was the first to get physical. She said other people sitting nearby got the little girl out of the way.

“One of the ladies that was sitting a few seats from my left side ended up grabbing her to get her out of the way,” said Ramirez.

One video from the aftermath showed at least one person was injured and bleeding.

17. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

The rumblers were banned from mlb games for a year? How would they even enforce that?

Same things for the Philly fan? If someone else buys the tickets they'll never know if you're in the arena.

18. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I took a break for a bit. If Lance is on IL and Javier goes to the BP, but only Framber returns to the rotation, we are one starter short. Have they announced Urquidy's return and I missed it or something?

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You didn't know your face gets scanned at every stadium, arena, airport, movie theater, strip club, Starbucks, McDonalds, Arby's?

20. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Odorizzi is back too