1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Slacker Can’t get a 40 point triple dub against the worst team in the league. Had to settle for 38/13/11.

clos4life, Jontro, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It’s just weird if Harden doesn’t get a triple double at this point.

clos4life, Nook and vlaurelio like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

Another lazy walk in the park 38 pts 13 assists 11 boards night triple double including 15 pts last quarter

clos4life, Nook and ksny15 like this.
  4. Mr. Space City

5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I really don't see why anyone is mad at the nets as if the lakers don't exist. They need all the talent they can to go up against them. Its interesting the nets strength is mostly in the back court while lakers, sixers, and bucks strength is in the front court. It will be interesting to see which gets overpowered in the playoffs.

Nets have a lot of work to do to figure out everyone's role. The playoffs will be here soon and we havent seen KD in months.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden is not gonna have Westbrook dragging him down. The Nets will be fine lol.

ParaSolid likes this.
  7. HL3

HL3 Member

In hindsight, I think it's clear now that Westbrook was the problem in OKC.

NBA history would've looked very different if they'd traded Westbrook at the height of his value and paid Harden.

8. Mr Chuck Norris

And I just told you they have 2 rim protectors lol.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Ehhh, it’s more complicated than that. They would likely be champions with Harden. But They could have been champs with Westbrook before he declined after KD left, things just didn’t go there way. I guess I opened my mouth very quickly and said something very errr off the cuff. Honestly I would have liked to see what Westbrook could have done without his quad injury and covid, the result we probably lose in 6 or 7 because the guy struggles in the playoffs because he just can’t shoot. But with KD and Kyrie it will honestly be impossible to stop a Harden led team with that much fire power.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Father time is undefeated.

jiggyfly and pippendagimp like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

everyone in the east is playing for 2nd still. this still isn't even the best of the nets and they remain better than everyone

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are the one who talked about his splits first right? Now I exposed his split as 1 pt and 4 rebs suddenly you have no idea why I'm talking about stats.

So you think Claxton is a generational talent is that it? Just say it man. Griffin and LMA arent exactly chopped liver they are multi allstars they may not be max players anymore but they arent Ryan Scrubberson either. If you think there is no precedent for either being better than 21 yr old Claxton I guess Nets have somebody better than Hakeem on their squad.

13. HL3

HL3 Member

It truly is insane how good they are even without KD. LMA is coming. And Dinwiddie keeps saying he can return for the playoffs as well.

It's nothing about Claxton being a generational talent, it's about Claxton being a better fit for their defense and better defensively than washed Griffin and Aldridge. He is physically capable of things that they aren't, it's as simple as that. He's raw on offense, but with the firepower that will be on the floor with him, that won't even matter. You keep talking about precedent and narrative but there's no basketball reason not to play Claxton against smaller lineups.

Now as I've said before the opponents most likely to give them trouble are the ones that Claxton won't be able to help as much with; Sixers, Bucks, Lakers. Hell tonight we saw how KAT was able to get whatever he wanted. That's when you bust out the old vets and throw them at the big guy and hope for the best.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

So basically at only age 21 Claxton is too inexperienced and Nets will have to rely on LMa and Griffin in the playoffs. Which is my original point. God.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden’s loved more than KD and Kyrie by BK fans

16. HL3

HL3 Member

Well we'll see. It's not like the Nets will be asking much of him; he has a very specific, well-defined role on the team. They only need him to do what he's already good at.

If the Nets are able to secure the #1 seed then there will be plenty of opportunities to play Claxton in the first and second rounds while the Bucks and Sixers tire each other out. Probably then he gets benched against Embiid.

Harden has now played more games as a Net than KD.

apollo33, Jontro and Air Langhi like this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You have completely created a narrative from something I have never said and you continue to ignore the fact that Cappela even with those stats was a plus defensively.

My point is that Claxton will be better defensively than than those guys and thats what the Nets need, nobody is saying Claxton is a generational talent currently he just fits what they need better.

The fact that brought up Hakeem shows the level of hyperbole you are willing to use so I'm done with this.

18. SmallBallDoesntWork

This! Lets be honest the nets have been more or less a poverty team for their existence why should I be mad theyre trying to stack the deck vs LA who feels like they’ve won half the chips in my lifetime

cmoak1982, Rocket River and vlaurelio like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Harden is slowly having to take on a larger and larger load..... he is now close to 27/12/1.5/1 with Brooklyn.

He is again the best player in the world and really should be the MVP.

The Nets are 25-7 this year with Harden on the floor...... for the year the Nets are a +135 points when he is on the floor.

He leads the league in minutes again, and has played a majority of the year with out KD and Irving has missed a lot of time as well.

He has the highest defensive rating among the Nets and has a +10 per hundred possessions.

20. noize

noize Contributing Member

As good as Brooklyn have been minus KD, why are they struggling and not being able to put away sub .500 team (Pistons, Wolves, Magics, etc)? They're making it hard on themselves and it will come to bite them in the ass comes playoff time.