1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Today was the first time I seen Wood look visibly mad at the end of the game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Mar 21, 2021.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'd feel a lot better about our future if we had any proof whatsoever that this is true.

D-rock likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

20 game losing streak? Decent indicator that they are doing a decent job of losing.

chadyang and B-Bob like this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

But no assurance whatsoever that they're trying to lose. I'm on board with tanking at this point, and if we end up with a top-4 pick, that's reward enough on its own to overlook how it happened. Still, I hate the thought that our front office, coaching staff, and players might have get there out of sheer ineptness.

D-rock and Haymitch like this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

For sure. If we hold on to Oladipo (and don't have a sign-and-trade in the offseason in our back pocket) then everything I said is wrong. So we don't yet know for sure.

That said, we are so stunningly bad that I have to believe it's on purpose. Otherwise...

D-rock and topfive like this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Otherwise... :(

Deckard and D-rock like this.
  6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

This year is pretty much a wash. You really dont know what this team is. But honestly CWood is a pretty ok player, and i say Porter. Nothing really matter this year is about just getting a good draft pick. Season is pretty much over. Wood probably realized he sucks and will get traded. Lol

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Marcus smart is available. Rockets should kick the tires. Always been a big fan of dude. Reminds me of Beverley but bigger and younger

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

THANK YOU!

Monkeychef02, DVauthrin and D-rock like this.
  9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

They are not tanking. They just suck.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No coaches and players--especially the players--would intentionally lose games. Why would they care what picks the team is going to get when they don't even know if they will be on the team next season? They would want to win and look good. They gain nothing for looking like a bunch of losers.

Hank McDowell and Dacamel like this.
  11. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

Warriors might consider it if it involves moving other dead weight (combination of Oubre/Wiggins/Looney). Warriors are also "win-now" and if LeBron is out then the Warriors with Wood + Oladpio (even on a rental) could compete this year. Next year they'll have Thompson back and can let Oladipo walk.

It's unlikely, but I could see the Warriors going for it. Also apparently luxury tax doesn't bother their owners.

My thoughts on the Minnesota pick are that it should be more coveted than the current Rockets' pick as it's a higher chance that it'll convey to the Warriors and Houston should really aim to get it as a hedge against losing their pick to OKC. As far as I understand it, if Minnesota keeps their pick this year then it would convey to 2022 -- unprotected. It's very valuable.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

here's the difference between tanking on purpose and losing

external-content.duckduckgo.gif

D-rock likes this.
  13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I never said coaches and players are intentionally losing games. But the org is steering us down a shithole, so I'm assuming it's all part of a planned tank job

14. derp

derp Member

Are we tanking or are we trying to help Tillman's pocket book? I think its the latter

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is why Wood is so damned frustrated.

16. Rockets21

Rockets21 Member

Some of the rockets fans are too high on Christian Wood. He is a decent player but you cant go undrafted and bounce around the world, and then end up as the franchise player. He's nothing more than a glorified role player. He's talented, but not someone you can rely on to give you 2 points when you need it. He is weak and gets pushed around way too much.

Coaching needs to be better. I am not sure why we're not giving Tate ball in the post. He sort of reminds me of a poor Bonzi Wells. His size and strength alone will get you 2 points on the block. John wall and House needs to come off the bench. If Oladipo is not traded, I would like to see how the following line up will do sometime in the season.

DJ Wilson
    Wood
    Tate
    Oladipo
    D. J. Augustin

I know losing is hard on the Coach Silas, but if that results in us getting Cade Cunningham then I think it's worth it.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Augustin over KPJ?
    I don't think Augustin has much of a future with the Rockets

I think I would prefer
    KPJ - PG
    Wall - SG
    Tate
    Wilson
    Wood

maybe

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  18. Rockets21

Rockets21 Member

Absolutely love KPJ. However, i think Augustin is a smary and savy veteran that can "run" the team better. The only bright spot on this team for me is KPJ. Everyone else is expendable.

19. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

It’s amazing that every other fan base seems to view Christian Wood as a franchise player except a few absurd Rockets fans.

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I still am not convinced he’s a “franchise player.” He seems like a great number 2 or 3. But he doesn’t have a signature move. And I’m kind of shocked his pump fake and drive works because it’s a really slow fake and most times guys don’t bite but he still uses it to attack the rim.

He seems like a Chris Bosh-lite player.