1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. adoo

adoo Member

i constructed a calendar CALL spread;

bought a 2022 LEAP 25 strike 2CALL, and sold March 25 strike CALL​

saitou likes this.
  2. myco

myco Contributing Member

I was only thinking from a purely technical perspective. The thought was that ATR is higher on FSLY and the potential range for reversion is greater. It's also at the 200 ema on the daily as well as hitting a couple other support levels. You're probably right about NET being the stronger company -- I am not strong on the fundamental side of things.

Like I said, I am definitely no expert. If my thought process is poor, you won't hurt my feelings by letting me know :).

saitou likes this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

They're popping on China threats to restrict exports of rare earth metals. I was in on it a few months ago and rode it up for about $10 (?), but then sold it on a stop when everything tanked at some point. It used to be called Molycorp which itself had a funny history back a few years ago during another boom-bust cycle. I don't any of it now, though -- kinda wish I had held onto it, but I have some limits with stocks like that. :D

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sell the Porsche, dumbass. :D

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

"Old" and not worth a listen, but ... lol :

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

I sold one of them last year. :D
    Then I bought another car. so there's that.
    hahahah

CCIV and CCIV/WS got a HUGE short loss raid today around. Check the charts. Warrants went from 40 to 10 and then bounced back to 33. My stomach sank for a sec but we good now.

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

Solid 20%+ today. Hitting first resistance it appears.
    Just south of the moon. Then of course. To. The Moon?

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Any of you guys in GSAH? It took off the past couple of days, I think. I don't think I saw any news on it. I don't own it.

10. Sajan

Sajan Member

I kind of put Gores spacs on the back burner since GHIV to UWMC didn't do much.

11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

If u want to find the next penny stock that booms cos of ark u prob need to watch izrl and prnt, or better yet updates to the index that they use before they buy the stocks. Recent example was PYR.

12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Encourage everyone to look into this company and share your findings... If it's as significant as it claims to be this could 10x easily. They have patents but I don't know how much of a moat there is. I can't believe tsla and all the other ev companies haven't thought of this. Mazda had something similar 10 years ago, but no word on their solution since then. If I was tsla I would try to make my own coil driver or if the patents are too strong buy out exro while they are still below $1bn cap. Has to be more efficient than their current dual motor solution.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, but GSAH is Goldman Sachs' SPAC. It's been sitting around doing nothing for months. For some reason, it took off the past couple of days on no news I could find.

14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Couldn't find news either. I blame tennis for distracting gillian! I've held the warrants in the past but flipped them long ago.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Neat. Sounds kind of like torque-vectoring, but better, for electric vehicles (and other stuff). I don't know anything about it, but what they're saying in their video would be a game-changer from the sounds of it (especially in automotive applications if it really improves efficiency that much or allows for elimination of motors). I need more info and "ya but"s, though. I may look into this, but I see it's already popped quite a bit over the last couple of weeks and a crap-ton over the past few months. My problem is, I've seen so many videos like this, but the tech is so far away from actual production or turns out to be meh.

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

That's where I'm at too, that's y I'm asking for help :D I'm not an engineer. I bought a bit to start, but don't dare buying more without more knowledge/conviction.

They've got a bunch of partnerships and some orders, management looks decent (a lot of former GE). it's run up, but still below a billion and early if it's as game changing as it seems.

Current focus is on high performance brands and truck engines that have to haul heavy loads.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I think a former Audi guy is in there, too, but yeah, when I watched that, the first thing I thought of was in supercars. lol. Of course, that's a niche market. Many supercars employ multiple motors, some up to 4 motors, to drive them. I don't know if they could reduce it down to 3 or 2 or what, but that'd be awesome. If it's just additional horsepower, you get to a point where the amount of horsepower needed would be crazy just to get a smidgen of improvement on performance (because of drag). But they're showing more uses than that. It's a Canadian company, so looks like an OTC stock for most of us. Yeah, need more info.

saitou likes this.
  18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I bought it on tsx venture.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Somebody needs to tell them they spelled the word "intelligent" incorrectly in big letters on their homepage. That doesn't look good. lol.

20. Sajan

Sajan Member

Ah my bad. I was thinking of GRSV.
    I think GSAH was mentioned before but I don't want anything to doing with Goldman Man Sachs.

My current SPAC holdings:
    IPOF warrants - ? Plaid??
    CCIV commons and warrants - Lucid?
    BFT commons - Paysafe
    DMYD commons - Genius
    PSTH commons - Stripe?

On my watchlist:
    IPOD - Autogrid?
    IPOE - Flipped this earlier but need to get in before merger for the run up (SoFi)
    NPA
    ZNTE
    ACTC
    And two of the new churchhill ones: CCVI and CVII.