1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 1/28/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Loss!

deb4rockets, BamBam and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Actually would like to see less Tucker and more Wood and Cousins on the floor. We miss defensive rebounds because Wood goes for a block and Tucker doesn't have the height to out rebound other team. They killed us in the 1st Qtr.

3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Well that was fun! I love the fight in this team, and I hope the Blazers fans finally understand what we felt like in that first game of the season. Harden > Lillard, no question.

But watching the WOW Rockets is bringing back good memories from the post-Yao Adelman era...only with a couple of All-stars instead of none.

4 in a row baby!!! Let's make it 5 in New Orleans

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

So... maybe Silas can figure out how to get Luka to come over here later because of his coaching skillz?

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  5. YallMean

YallMean Member

More Mason Jones and Kmart Jr. One of Nwaba, Brown and Tate is enough. Man, that was the only thing I was not very happy about. Also coach played too long of the small ball into like 6 min 4th. What’s the love with Sterling Brow.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Again thats why you have season stats that objectively show how much impact a player is having. You cant bring up advanced metrics only when it favors your position then discount it entirely when it doesnt. If tucker was as awesome as you say and isnt hurting the team like you claim then the stats would show that.

Rox are still below 0.500 rn so tucker playing so many mins isnt exactly a positive.

saleem likes this.
  7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

There is a lot that goes into defense that doesn't show up on the stat sheets. That's what makes dudes like PJ and RoCo special. A lot of communication.

D-rock likes this.
  8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Enjoy the rest of your day. Feel free to post pictures of your meals. Some people here get inspired by that sort of thing.

Roomba, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope Martin will improve as a defender so he can be plugged in for 10 minutes a game on a consistent basis. We need one more defender at the 4/5 spot in place of one of our guards.

deb4rockets, D-rock and roslolian like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

They are also not as good defensively? Brown and House miss rotations all the time, and there was no gurantee they would sustain their shooting. Things like that are much harder to capture with stats on defense.

As a whole....yea probably but for this game? No, not really. Those guys depend on Oladipo and Wall to get them looks and in the 4trh where defenses tighten up,....I'd say its more prudent to rely on your defense. Brown was already missing some in the second half.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Anyway Ive spent way too much time on freaking PJ Tucker. At least this game he was indeed critical last couple of mins getting the win.

And what a win. Rox def starting to make some noise, offense def needs a lot more work but the chemistry and vibe of the team is there. I've said it since Harden got traded this team is a playoff team and everyone is seeing it now.

DaDakota, bro2044 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd like to see House back in the starting lineup over Tate. This isnt the first time our offense has come out flat in the first quarter, and although Tate has a lot of intangibles, on offense he's more of a complementary piece. House is a better 3-point shooter and making moves off the dribble. Tate is a better defender and rebounder, but House is no slouch in either of those areas and I think we gain more than we lose.

We'll probably be trading House anyways near the deadline, but until then I think we're better served with him in the starting lineup.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are right but you need balance in everything.
    You also need raw production on top of all the little things you do.

Would you say Shane Battier is a first ballot HOF quality of player? He stole so many plays for the Rox during his time.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Brown has a good looking jumper and can defend a little bit.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

Would nuggets do EG and Tucker for MPJ? How can the $ make this work?

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

So not world beaters with this current squad by any means but definitely would annoy the hell out of someone in a seven game series.

bro2044 and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Well for one I don't like the HOF criteria. I don't like that's its stats and rings based. Battier was most definitely a HOF level defender. Incredibly smart and just made winning plays time after time that would go unnoticed to the casual fan. He did that everyplace he went. He was huge for Miami.