1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He obviously isn't the 3rd option if he's basically being the playmaker. A 3rd option would be more of a Klay Thompson.

He's just trying to see what's happening with Kyrie out there. He can obviously be more aggressive when he chooses to. Look what happened when it was just him and KD. Playing next to someone like Kyrie was always going to be tough. He demands a lot of the ball. It's easier playing with someone like KD because he can just play off the ball and catch the shoot.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Nets empower him to make decisions with the ball, and he’s choosing to facilitate for others rather than look for his own shot.

I don’t think the offense has been the real problem for the Nets, anyway.

BallaDoc, Rocket River and vator like this.
  3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

That's what I'm saying. He's choosing to be less aggressive. He even admitted last night in an interview. He's just trying to see what's happening around him, especially playing alongside someone like Kyrie.

As long as Harden is getting 10 plus assists a game, he really only needs to score around 15 to 20 points a game if KD and Kyrie are scoring 30 plus points a game. That means the role/bench players will only have to score 40 points between them.

The Nets will look like a much better team in a few weeks. Kyrie missed 2 weeks, so he's probably lacking some chemistry and fitness. Harden only joined like 10 days ago, so he needs a lot of chemistry between the team, and he needs to learn the plays. KD and Kyrie have also only just came back from long injuries, so they'll need more fitness. Actually, Harden needs more fitness. As you just said, the problem hasn't really been the offense, it's been the defense. They honestly need a much better big man than Jordan.

BallaDoc, HP3 and ElPigto like this.
  4. MettaWorldPete

Everyone saying that Harden is acting as the facilitator are 100% correct. The issue is the last two games he's taken it to such an extreme that it's counterproductive. I assume he is just trying to get more in-game "practice" with the new squad and it will balance out soon. If not, something is definitely wrong.

hakeem94, Rocket River, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  5. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Yessir. This is exactly right. They had a play last night where basketball fans that get off to Hoosiers probably had an orgasm with the ball zipping all over the court about 10 times with each guy passing up a decent look and thinking next pass gonna pay off. They ended up with a crappy look with like 3 seconds left on the shot clock. There were a half dozen better looks earlier on. Hardens been letting good opportunities go hunting better stuff for others to his and the teams detriment. I assume that will stop within a month or so- if it doesn’t that’s a problem.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you like "style" over wins.

So you gonna enjoy all the losing and no playoffs?

clos4life and HP3 like this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. HardenVolumeOne

maybe harden took that quote from the late kobe bryant. About his style not winning a title personally. Thats my only explanation.

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

What about: he’s fat. :D

Wulaw Horn and Salvy like this.
  10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lmao the hot takes are awesome in here. Father Time has caught up to him? Jesus man.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

This also ignores that teams have been playing zones against him so he hasnt been as agressive ssive scoring wise. I think something is wrong but he's 31.....thats not the declining age yet.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We never won a Championship with James. To answer your question I never liked hero ball. It bored me watching dribble dribble dribble iso.

macho87 likes this.
  13. macho87

macho87 Member

I am with you. I'm welcoming the fresh new start. Hardens style was boring

deb4rockets likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rox are making the playoffs

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Irving has caught up with them lol.

If Brkn serious about contending they should trsde Irving for spare parts so KD doesnt have to play 40 mins a night for them to win. Dude just came from season ending surgery 36 mins is like a dream for him. Not that I'm complaining though, I like the Dumbtoni special esp if KD goes down to wear and tear before the deadline.

Nets rn have a lot of flash but no substance. 4 pt win over 6-9 Heat and 2 OT win over Cavs? Lol.

P.S. How about that NBA Finalist Tyler Herro? Some people really thought he was the 2nd coming of Kobe just because he beat his chest and screams when he scores LMAO.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps he saving himself for the playoffs because he has nothing to prove in RS

Salvy and vlaurelio like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Id rather win then lose and go nowhere.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. csc177

csc177 Member

Subtle shots at the rockets every press conference.

“I’m just happy I don’t have to score every time to win”
    ...”great to play with people that can score the ball”

we get it James - the players around you were scrubs for your 8 year tenure here.

LosPollosHermanos and Salvy like this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah I'm not convinced Harden has lost a step or anything like that, I still believe he will have some incredible moments in Nets uniform.... Game winners/ playoff success/ maybe even a ring. Just a year ago he wouldn't score less than 30 pts effortlessly.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah, I even think his game will age well, and hell win rings , just needs a couple of lucky breaks