1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thankfully Chuck Norris has never been an Olympian.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You going soft in your old age, lol. Anybody in the Capitol building should get 10 years minimum, no matter how goofy some of these terrorists look. Multiple deaths occurred as a result of criminal activities.

For the criminals who were bashing that police offer, murder charges.

People need to learn that there will be serious consequences to their seditious behavior.

London'sBurning, Amiga, ArtV and 2 others like this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

Here evidence that it wasn't just an insurrection, a riot or a revolt but a coup.

Blatz, Amiga, Invisible Fan and 2 others like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

those are just protestors trespassing for what they believe in according to durvasa...we shouldn’t call them terrorists

vlaurelio likes this.
  5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[Slate]Don't Prosecute Gotham Supervillans For their Latest Scheme

Any attempt to bring the Joker to justice is likely to fail or backfire.

By THE JOKER

It’s been a traumatizing couple of weeks in Gotham City, full of unthinkable violence and chaos. We’ve all seen the appalling footage: the exploding shark, the pier bombing, and the United World Organization building—until last week, a powerful symbol of the democratic hopes of the entire world—being invaded, vandalized, and defiled by the “United Underworld,” an alliance of the city’s most dastardly criminals: Catwoman, the Penguin, the Riddler, and even the Joker, the coolest supervillain of them all (although his role in the plot was very minor or maybe even nonexistent, from what I’m hearing). People across Gotham are frustrated and angered, and the vicious, unwarranted vigilante attack launched by so-called crime fighters Batman and Robin against the crew of a whimsically decorated Navy surplus submarine in Gotham Harbor did nothing to lower the emotional temperature.

Now it appears that Commissioner Gordon and Chief O’Hara are planning to bring criminal charges against the ringleaders of the United Underworld. This is a grave mistake. Our great city should be looking forward right now, not dwelling on the past. A trial would only dredge up traumatic memories and evidence of the terror unleashed by the Penguin, the Riddler, Catwoman, and possibly others. Criminal trials should not occur in the heat of the moment, if ever, and I fear that investigating this shameful incident any further would only be inflammatory and incriminating. We could waste months looking into exactly which supervillain used a stolen piece of distillery equipment to dehydrate all nine members of the Security Council as part of a deranged kidnapping plan, but would that do anything to improve the life of the average Gothamite? In the spirit of healing and unity, I believe that the members of the United Underworld, especially the Joker, should be released immediately and face no further consequences for their alleged involvement in this plot. Anything less risks angering Gotham’s supervillains and their henchmen further while doing nothing to stop the cycle of super-crimes.

Make no mistake: The bloodthirsty chorus calling to send the United Underworld to Gotham State Penitentiary for gentle rehabilitation under Warden Crichton’s advanced theories of penology are out for revenge, not justice. You won’t hear them mourning the five henchmen MURDERED by Batman and Robin (after the Penguin smuggled them into the Batcave in dehydrated form and then attempted to rehydrate them using heavy water from the nuclear reactor, leaving them in a highly unstable atomic state). They’re far too busy shaming the United Underworld and their supporters to shed a tear for the real victims. Their cries for accountability—ideally, accountability accompanied by a “POW!” or “THUNK!” or “KLONK!”—are nothing but cancel culture writ large, and we all know how bad that is. Putting the United Underworld on trial will accomplish nothing but making a mockery of our justice system, particularly if we are foolish enough to press charges against the Joker. Making a mockery is kind of his whole thing!

I pray that cooler heads in Gotham City’s government will prevail over the intemperate “commissioners” and “police chiefs” and “Batmen” and “Robins” who are howling for vengeance. Those lost souls are clearly suffering from Joker Derangement Syndrome—and not the good kind of Joker Derangement Syndrome, like the Joker has, the other kind! There are far better ways to prevent future dehydration/kidnapping plots against the United World Organization than holding the supervillains who organized a dehydration/kidnapping plot against it just a few days ago accountable for their actions. For instance, Chief O’Hara could appoint a group of crime fighters and supervillains to a Bipartisan Commission to Investigate the Circumstances Surrounding the Dehydration and Kidnapping of the United World Organization Security Council Without Doing Anything About It. (You can tell it’s a serious idea because it’s got capital letters in it.) Our city is not just deeply divided; we are deeply hurt, especially those of us who were recently beaten to a pulp by Batman and Robin. But we have an opportunity to come together and set Gotham on a new path by immediately letting the Joker out of prison. Maybe Catwoman, too.

I’m aware that I may not be the best person to deliver this message, given my absurd appearance, my reputation as a supervillain, my incessant giggling, and my deep and well-documented involvement in planning and executing the very criminal scheme I am now urging the city to ignore. As an expert in comedy, however, I can assure the people of Gotham that this is not a joke. Ask yourself one question: What’s the downside for humoring me?

#2025 Ottomaton, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  6. Buck Turgidson

Who says our education system doesn't teach life (and death) skills?

superfob, jiggyfly, mdrowe00 and 8 others like this.
  7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Chuck Norris should give back all of the emmies he won for Walker, Texas Ranger.

#2027 No Worries, Jan 13, 2021
    mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Rise and shine! I've brought McDonald's for you!

Ba da bah bah bahm

9. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I work for a California state agency that has a high potential to be a target (it's already been defaced during protests in Sacramento since Wednesday). I had thought well before this what to do if a shooter was moving through the building. I had never considered barricading doors with furniture, filing cabinets, etc. After seeing how that was done last week, it's now obvious that's a great first move to prevent entry not just into offices, but to the whole floor.

#2029 gifford1967, Jan 13, 2021
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

those ties and pipebombs were just souvenirs they bought from tourist shops

AleksandarN, mdrowe00, Dgn1 and 5 others like this.
  11. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Ha, Insurrectionists pretty much exclusively fall into category #1 but a few #2's were probably there. Ted Cruz is either a #2 but maybe #1. We thought Trump was probably #2 but he turned out to be #1.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Fox News: there are now more US troops in Washington DC than in Afghanistan and Iraq combined.

AleksandarN, mikol13, Dgn1 and 3 others like this.
  13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

As it should. We have more terrorists in DC than the Middle East.:eek:

14. Dubious

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Exclusive-Facebook tracking a rise in violent rhetoric tied to U.S. presidential inauguration | Reuters

PALO ALTO (Reuters) - Facebook Inc has seen an increase in signals indicating potential future acts of violence associated with efforts to contest the result of the U.S. presidential election since the Capitol siege last week, a company spokeswoman told Reuters.

The spokeswoman, who asked not to be named for security reasons, said late Tuesday the storming of the U.S. Capitol by armed pro-Trump demonstrators appeared to be a galvanizing event, spawning efforts to organize gatherings across the country for multiple dates around President-elect Joe Biden’s Jan. 20 inauguration.

Signals Facebook tracked included digital flyers promoting the events, some of them featuring calls to arms or the insignia of militias or hate groups, she said.

16. Dubious

17. Dubious

John Haltiwanger
    @jchaltiwanger

·
    20m

This means the military footprint in the nation's capital will be roughly four times the number of US troops in Afghanistan and Iraq combined. One might say that DC is now the frontline of the war on terror. https://businessinsider.com/more-us-troops-be-in-dc-biden-inauguration-iraq-afghanistan-2021-1…

Carl Quintanilla
    @carlquintanilla
    · 38m
    * WASHINGTON D.C. ACTING POLICE CHIEF CONTEE SAYS CAN EXPECT MORE THAN 20,000 MEMBERS OF NATIONAL GUARD TO BE IN DC FOR INAUGURATION

Rashmon, mdrowe00, Dgn1 and 1 other person like this.
  18. myco

myco Contributing Member

I prefer calling them Trump Errorists. Terrorists for short.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Why does every Trump supporter look like they are either going to the deer lease or are headed to Sturgis?

20. Dubious