1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tillman Being Tillman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, Jan 2, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How did you get so close to the apex predator himself?

2. likestohypeguy

To sum up:
    -corporate responsibility
    -they washed
    -covid
    -the environment
    -torn jeans
    -WB only fan

All true but IDC this is incredible, and I want more... Turn the heat off in the Toyota center to have a green bay style home court advantage; chuck taylors & factory misprint uniforms; all you can eat day old crawfish bread instead of the player $133 road trip food per diem; "hey don't cash that until next Tuesday"

Easy, darksoul35 and don grahamleone like this.
  3. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

I think Tilman has the limited edition but it got cut off in the photo

One Mission.. Luxury Tax Savings

darksoul35 and cbs1507 like this.
  4. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

By environment you mean Shillman's pockets.

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I also don’t think this is unusual. I swear I got an outdated cup before at a Rockets game.

raining threes and Ramo$e like this.
  6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Getting 3k fans to show up to any Rockets game is an anomaly.

I think what people are trying to say is this is a billion dollar business. If fans were paying $10.00 to get in, that's fine. A good team will want fans to bring home lots of cheap swag to litter their house. While this in itself isn't a big deal, Tilman the Tourist doesn't understand how to build a fan base. And if he wants to keep Harden here, a smart owner would be plastering Harden with Woods and Wall.

Sadly most of the lower bowl is filled with corporate tourists so it doesn't matter.

7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Seriously....why waste cups to make Clutchfans happy? There are still useable cups. This is getting ridiculous. Tilman has been rather quite lets not poke a sleeping bear.

Besides, rich people stay rich by being cheap not by blowing money. Got to have money for Harden's extension. Lol

8. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

That's tampering

9. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Why waste money in marketing without a commitment from the beard? IT would be unlikely "that" would change his mind regardless. Old cups, for a shortened season doesn't seem out of the ordinary. Especially if this team hasn't even played more than 10 games together with a FULL ROSTER yet! Instead we worried about drinking cups.

BamBam and raining threes like this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm going to approve of Tilman cheapness aligning with social responsibility - cup approved, though he really should allow people to bring their own (but can't because COVID19)

Ramo$e and raining threes like this.
  11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Plastics are made from crude oil.

The less the people using plastics, the more people could be facing layoff in this city.

Tilman is destroying H town.

12. csc177

csc177 Member

His isn’t the first nor will he be the last owner of a franchise to do this. I’ve seen the New York Yankees do this same thing with old players on merchandise or concession items.

This post will be my only time ever defending dude though!

Ramo$e likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

FernTits broke AF

14. raining threes

Pettiness

There's a pandemic going on and there wasn't going to be any fans in the stands.

Cant blame Tilly for this one, gotta save where you can in these Covid times we live in.

Ramo$e and BigShasta like this.
  15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah Tilman the environmentalist. Somehow I missed that. I mean, it aligns so perfectly with the rest of his politics. Lol

maybe he’s turned over a new leaf. Maybe he supports saving the planet and making sure folks have healthcare. Maybe he’ll even abandon his traitorous attempt to destroy our democracy.

#35 Aruba77, Jan 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    Ramo$e likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

“All of us do 95% right,” he said. “Every day, we wake up but it's the 5 percent you look for in the details that separates you from everybody else, and that's what I preach.”

Now shut up and redesign those cups/put out new cups!

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

did the 5% of him consider putting stickers on cups?

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  18. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

He has screwed us so much I think its okay to blame him for a few BS things. God knows he deserves a lot more than just this.

19. raining threes

You do know people could get the same level of healthcare before the ACA that they're getting now. Nobody could be turned down for healthcare. The difference now is insuring the 10% is costing the other 90% twice as much or more than it did before the ACA. Now if you want to talk about the big pharma perscription prices are much lower than 4 yrs ago. Probably why the vaccine didn't get released until a week after the election. Coincidence?

20. raining threes

Exactly how has he screwed you?

My life is just fine.