1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Deshaun Watson is having the best statistical season by a Houston QB...ever. Only 2 others compare: 1990 Warren Moon and 2009 Schaub.

2. Texanstradamus

Sit him next game

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Unless he is injured, that is a ridiculous thing to do.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why do you speak out of your ass?

There is nothing clutch about Mahomes. The talent on his team means they just blow out everyone.
    Rodgers is better. Brady doesn't have the natural talent. His brain is what makes him elite and Watson has shown test strides in reading defenses. He keeps turnovers down low. 30/6 td/int ratio is ridiculously goods and only elite qbs that can read coverages well can do that. I don't see how Wilson is any more special than Watson

Watson is the 5th fastest qb to 100 tds in nfl history. He's a generational talent.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think he's a troll.
    The only other thing I can think of is he's a racist. Because there literally is zero reason to not believe Watson is a generational talent.

TheRealist137 and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

While I believe Watson has taken that step into the elite category, I can understand why some can be skeptical.
    The fact that he has a different opinion than you and you (and others) go immediately to racist says more about your perspective and close mindedness.
    Sports is about the only bastion of life where there is more merit based results. That’s enough with the racist rhetoric when someone doesn’t think Watson is Rodgers, Mahomes or Wilson type level.

raining threes likes this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

My biggest problem isn’t even with Watson, it’s with fans that try to disrespect the greatness that is above Watson to prop him up to those levels prematurely. And then put down others that have performed at similar levels as him.
    He’s on his way, let him get there. If he takes this team to the promise land there is no more discussion.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its amazing what he's done. Guys who wont recognize it and tilt the cap are hung up on personal demons with the kid and that's fine. Not everybody has to like everybody. Purely football wise its a what have you done lately for me league right? Hence all that chatter to start the season with Watson grouped middle of the pack in terms of talent and skill. He's proven that he doesn't need a security blanket like Hopkins, but at what expense? Wouldn't it be nice to have that type of talent to help him? Why don't the Packers just trade Davante Adams seems like Aaron relies on him too much! No run game to speak of (historically BAD actually) all the investment in the offensive line? Still horrible. Defense is years behind. He still goes out there and gives the fans a reason to tune in - single handedly! Its been awesome to watch him take this next step and prove he belongs.

Such a shame to see the team in shambles and if you remain realistic it may take too long to surround him with adequate help on both sides of the ball to be considered a true contender. I have no doubt the kid at some point will hoist another championship trophy. He's done it at every level so far and has shown me that NFL football is just another game for him.

TEXNIFICENT and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Screws up in the clutch?

How has he done that? Please give an example.

Yesterday was not an example unless your expectation is for your QB to get rid of the ball in under 2 seconds.

10. csj

csj Member

Except he didn't "go to racist", he merely offered it as a possible explanation, and he didn't "immediately" do so, he made the comment after the board has endured the inane opinions forever. The fact that such a comment is made after so much time is evidence of the opposite of "close mindedness".

That poster is obviously personally invested in Watson not succeeding. There are few explanations for that, none of them flattering.

11. conquistador#11

Rodgers
    Mahomes& Watson

MVP: Rodgers.
    I hope he wins the superbowl. I didn't like the guy back in 2012. He's grown on me. It must have been how he quoted Shawshank Redemption when he lost Cobb. And just last year he wasn't pleased with the 'system' those Kubiak kids were bringing in. Now look at him.

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He goes to that well very often, it’s the immediate go to and any time that is the first or second response that shows a lack of critical thinking and a lack acceptance of differing opinions.
    If you want the board to have a hive mind opinion on everything, that is also a definition of close mindedness and not what the purpose of a forum is.
    Debate the points, silly accusations aren’t needed.
    I can go back and forth with anyone on actual talking points and data. If that opinion is different than yours and it pertains to a black man, the first thought shouldn’t be you don’t think he’s good because he’s black.
    Specially in sport.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Watson is on his way but he’s not anywhere near Mahomes and Rodgers level yet.
    Give the kid some time.

14. conquistador#11

I was referring to the numbers for 2020 and if he had a system it would make things easier for him like Mahomes has. They were throwing wide open pick Plays when Mahomes was still at TTech

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Even the numbers are a tier different. Yes team and personnel have a lot to do with that which is why I’m really happy with what he’s doing right now.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

For the millionth time, this Watson can't lead this team anywhere if the organization stays in the state that its in. NO ONE CAN. Top notch NFL Front Offices win championships with great players (plural) not just because you have one great player and you're mediocre to terrible at every other facet of the organization. It's stupid. I think that guy is a troll (Titans fan) that is really fishing for a reaction & I have been guilty of a reacting.

Really the Watson discussion is invalid if you know ANYTHING about how NFL teams win championships.Texans ownership don't even have a front office in place nor do they look like they have a plan. Until then, you guys look silly trying to judge Watson in this mess. Honestly, I would love to see what Watson could achieve with a front office like Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Green Bay, Seattle or Kansas City. These franchises really know what they're doing meanwhile, the Texans have endured the dumb assery of Bill Obrien & can't break up with Jack Easterby in the midst of a stinking disaster. It's comical and if you don't recognize it then you're either ignorant or a troll.

csj likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Who is a Titans fan?
    Me?
    You need to slow your roll kid and back the **** up with all that. There isn’t a single person on this board that has followed the Texans as close as me and invested as much as me. Texans, not a single player.
    I want that kid to succeed as much as anyone. He’s taking the steps to be elite, he’s not Rodgers and he’s not Mahomes.
    Stop comparing him to them and you can see his greatness even more.
    And stop making every excuse in the book, realize there’s growing pains and know that time is running out for the mistakes (much less this year) to continue.
    So foh with all that.

18. showa13

showa13 Member

The problem with raining threes opinion isn’t that it’s racist, it’s that it’s not based on any logic or cohesiveness and it’s just a flat out horrible opinion.
    When he, with full seriousness, said he’d take Tannehill, Jimmy G, Derek Carr, Kyler, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Sam Freakin Darnold, Matt freakin Stafford, and Matt Ryan over Deshaun while mentioning Kirk Cousins and Wentz as being on par you have to question his opinion. Cause it’s just bad.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And I’m fine with that, bad opinions are still opinions.
    There’s only a couple in that list that are comparable.

20. showa13

showa13 Member

And to the Rogers/Mahomes comparisons, Deshaun can be elite and still not quite as good as those guys. Both can be true. Mahomes and Rogers are prob the 1 and 3 most talented QBs to ever play football. Cool, Deshaun isn’t to that level, but he’s still an elite QB and there isn’t much evidence against it.

cmoak1982 likes this.