1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate Coach Silas’ performance in his first game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 27, 2020.

?

What grade would you give him?

Poll closed Jan 3, 2021.
  1. A

85 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. B

60 vote(s)
    38.7%
  3. C

7 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. D

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Jontro

Jontro Member

breh, does silas even lift?

2. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

The rebounds are close with blazers, why blazers can have 102 times to shoot, Houston just 88 times?

DooghMaster9 likes this.
  3. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

This isn't true since Harden has done similar things before many times in the past with a lot of guys out... Do you remember the flamethrower in GS against a fully loaded Warriors? We had multiple guys out that game too... CP3 and Gordon.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I can't complain considering the circumstances , he really didn't have much to work with tonight.
    They shot 51.1% from the field as a team .. This offense could be really good.

I'd like to see the offense run thru Wood when Harden sits. Maybe some inside out stuff.

That game goes to show how valuable Harden really is ... 44 / 17 / 4 , he and Wood damn near pulled 3 dudes from the YMCA to a win against a very solid Portland team.

MettaWorldPete and Patience like this.
  5. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

It has been a mess with all the drama and stuff then COVID protocols and players having to isolate.

Silas has barely been able to practice with the whole team. Harden was out. Wood was hurt or out for a bit. Pj came late to camp. Short training camp.

Played without Harden. The played only 1preseason game with everyone, I think. Then back to a mess. Postponed game. 6 players out in the first game against a full roster team. Considered by some w playoff team and by a small few (dumb) a contender.

Many said the Rockets would get blown or that they had no chance. Yet we were up by 16, they just run out of gas and still they could have won.

So yes an A for Silas.

Give him more time, more time for everyone to gell and this team will be great and so much fun to watch.

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

After the game did he say he has to do a better job coaching?

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

It was nice to see the 3 used in context

DooghMaster9 likes this.
  8. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

I do remember that game, good example of a game that happened two years ago.

I’m looking specifically at the way last nights game played out and considering what D’Antoni would have done, also considering how well Portland played. We would have shot 10-12 more three’s, probably made two of those considering our percentage and how it declines as we force it, historically. Wouldn’t have fed Wood, would have relegated him to pick n roll and threes.

#28 DooghMaster9, Dec 27, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Look at the free throw attempts.

10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

He benches tree fiddy

13 in 33 and Jontro like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You kidding?

A+++++++

undermanned, controversy, good opponent

I’m ecstatic other than he looks too much like Doug Christie to me lol

Harden/Wood/Silas can be extra special.

12. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No I was rating Silas, all the things I mentioned come from coaching. Strong and well coached teams that put an emphasis on these things get different results than what we saw on the court. It’s hard to judge just off one game but that’s what the thread asked me to do so that’s what I’m doing.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

wtih Lue would the Rockets have pulled out a win?

14. JW86

JW86 Member

Given circumstances, I'd say a solid 8 out of 10. So solid enough, but Wood was not used enough on offense and not used properly defensively at times. Harden was allowed to do whatever he wanted and I had some hope at least he be used differently.

15. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

B+

Only reason it isn’t an A is bc they didn’t get the W.

16. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Funny how the people that crapped on MDA the most are ready to nominate Silas to the HOF. After one game.

A winnable game and a big lead got away from him, so no "A," but it was a good start and a great sign of what could be. Get some guys back and the offense is going to be among the league's best and they should be fun to watch. We won't be a championship contender with defense like last night, though, let's be real.

D-rock likes this.
  17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

He gets an A+ from me when you factor in all the bullshit he's had to deal with.

18. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Dumb rotations. Bad defensive scheme.

5/10 at best

D-rock likes this.
  19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

B or B+. Got an undermanned squad to compete hard and had a chance to win at the end. Got a scrubby 2nd unit to play amazing in the first half and had some good movement on offense that we haven't seen consistently in a long time.

Negatives, when Wood wasn't sharing the floor with Harden, didn't get enough touches in my opinion. Defensively, didn't make enough adjustments for hot shooting CJ.

harold bingo likes this.
  20. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

That game was against a superior opponent and Harden fed Capela who had 29pts and 20 rebounds... And we won.