1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simmons, Brown, Herro, or Siakam?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Dec 20, 2020.

?

Who would you want to trade Harden for?

1. Ben Simmons

2. Jaylen Brown

3. Tyler Herro

4. Pascal Siakam

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. varughese.arun

Simmons isn't great. No team has ever built a team around a guy bc he is a great defender and passer. Simmons is a liability on offense.

YOLO likes this.
  2. varughese.arun

Did you not read the entire post? What about all the other aspects?

3. dmoneybangbang

Smmons > Brown > Herro for me. A 6'5" sophomore with t-rex arms isn't close to being good enough to be the centerpiece in a Harden package.

4. dmoneybangbang

Currently the Sixers are...... they drafted him for a reason.

Primary ball handler, not just a passer.

5. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I am back and forth on Simmons. I wouldn’t mind him being a Rocket if only he can give up being the primary ball handler. His ability during clutch moments to drive to the basket is unbelievable. He is such a strong finisher around the rim we have to cultivate him like the Lakers do with LeBron. He and Woods would mesh well together. It is only natural for him to start to develop shooting threes. I think he is a good investment, of big centers can learn to shoot threes so can he over time.

6. varughese.arun

Bro, he's been in the league 5 years. You think he hasn't been trying to get better at shooting yet? He still sucks at shooting free-throws, what makes you think he will get better at shooting 3s?

clutchdabear and YOLO like this.
  7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

No kidding... Who's your money on in this shootout between Simmons and Dwight? Tough call.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I would NOT be mad at all if we ended up with MPJ, the kid is going to be a star IMO.

10. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I don't think we are going to get the player we end up building around. You try to get the best possible young player and draft picks.

11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If Siakam and 1st round pick is on the table i would pull the trigger now. Dont even care anymore.

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Right!!?

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I think it’s fine to want Simmons... but don’t do it with the caveat that you think he’s going to develop a shot. It almost assuredly won’t happen. He is a very good player though.

CXbby, Y2JT, DVauthrin and 2 others like this.
  14. varughese.arun

So if we're not going to get a foundation piece then WHY PAY MAX CONTRACT MONEY FOR A ROLE PLAYER?
    @BigM
    The most talented guys available is Herro and maybe Porter (lacks confidence, doesn't get boards, sucks on defense)

Sooner423 likes this.
  15. TimDuncanDonaut

It's arguable if Gordon was overpaid but he did provide playoff depth. With Hayward gone, Kemba's knee injury, It's more burden on Tatum and Brown this year. Celtics still in the mix, but they're more vulnerable. If they're able to get Harden, puts them in top tier.

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. PullUpJ

PullUpJ Member

Porter in no way lacks confidence

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  17. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

Same. I think Toronto will be the team. I can see them getting Siakam, powell, flynn and a few first rounders.

varughese.arun likes this.
  18. Big B

Big B Member

I like Powell but he is an unrestricted free agent after this season. Not sure he moves the needle much unless he agrees to exercise his player option or an extension with the trade.

19. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I know....lol, it sucks I never thought we would get hosed I’m a market for Harden.

20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Absolutely not. Both Zion Williamson and Ja Morant are far superior players and prospects.