1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams: Rockets' James Harden has been fined $50,000 for violating NBA’s health and safety protocols.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 23, 2020.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

This is Harden's warning shot. Next time the NBA will crack down. Anyone here that has been a supervisor knows that you've got to build up paperwork, most jobs you can't just simply fire people or heavily penalize them without previous paperwork backing you up. That's opening yourself up to a lawsuit and other issues that are not worth it when good lawyers NBA players can afford can make you pay for your errors.

jboslett, gatsby, joshuaao and 7 others like this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

his Escobar flavored honey buns are easily 100k.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    :eek:

Meanwhile, Harden be like...

#63 BamBam, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm not saying it wasn't stupid; it obviously was. Beyond that, it was a clear statement that he's ambivalent at best about locking in for the season.

That said, it seems to me like the league's investigation showed his transgression to be not severe, and fined him accordingly.

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Gives a rapper hundreds of thousands of dollars in gifts for his birthday.

fined 50k for blatant disregard of league policy while inconveniencing and endangering hundreds of people.

seems proportional.

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Dipshit is hurting his trade value

7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Just fining Harden is a ridiculous penalty by the NBA. Harden blatantly disregarded the rules that are set out to protect not only himself, but his teammates, opposing teams and the entire league.

Furthermore, any games he will now have to sit out due to this violation wont result it any loss of pay. In other words Harden will be PAID not to play IF the protocol to safely rejoin the team is still 6-7days or more.

Since the event occurred Monday night, Rockets have two days worth of negative test since the incident. It'll be interesting what number of consecutive negative test the league determine will be required.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. acruz2

acruz2 Member

Let's see if Harden continues to be seen in public now without his mask. It is his own people he hangs out with posting these videos. Next time it is going to be a bigger fine and suspension. The NBA and IMHO teams are getting tired of his bullshit. His reputation is taking a hit and he doesnt even care but he will when it matters the most to him. It always comes back around!!

joshuaao, RasaqBoi and HP3 like this.
  9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think you are going to start hearing about Harden's security snatch people's phones when they catch him at a club again.

joshuaao and RasaqBoi like this.
  10. DaneB

DaneB Member

Only half a honeybun?

11. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

I’m sure he thinks he is helping get us to heard immunity.

12. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

So he is paying, to get to work first day, when everybody else waiting to get paid, after work day.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Found this in the official NBA Covid protocols: "While in their team’s home market, team personnel will be prohibited from going to bars, lunges or clubs, from attending live entertainment or sports events, from using gyms, spas or pools, or from participating in social gatherings with more than 15 people."

That's the only item I saw that James violated.

This one outlines the possible punishments: "Players violating the safety guidelines may face a loss of pay proportionate to any lost availability due to quarantines or reinstatement steps. Other penalties may include formal warnings, fines, suspensions or educational sessions."

League: "James, we'd like you to attend an education session via Zoom."

Harden: "Nah, just fine me and we'll call it good."

14. sheb

sheb Member

Wait “while in the teams market”

So James harden can go to strip clubs, just not in Houston ? What about his private jet and trips to Vegas... those still ok ?

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

I didn't post the rule about road behavior: "On the road, players, coaches and staff will be permitted to dine outside their hotels if the restaurants provide outdoor dining, have fully privatized indoor rooms, or have met requirements to be formally approved by the league and the players’ union. The NBA and NBPA will work to provide a list of at least three approved restaurants in each market."

16. TimDuncanDonaut

oh well. Rockets be back later.

[​IMG]

17. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

Obviously he cares or he wouldn’t have commented on IG about it.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I just imagined my dream team:

V Span
    J Hard
    T Mac
    Stromile Swift
    Kelvin Cato

RasaqBoi likes this.
  19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

A lot of athletes / entertainers don’t allow girls in the homes or private events unless they give up the phone at the door. Harden is probably on zoom yelling at his boys for posting.

20. SORF

SORF Member

On today's NBA-The Jump, they reported that it was announced today that Harden had the Coronavirus before he reported to the bubble. They said he feels immune because he has the coronavirus antibodies. Hence the reason he doesn't wear masks all the time. That is still not wise.

I have read that coronavirus affects different parts of the body, including sometimes the brain. I'm now thinking maybe Harden is suffering from a mild form of brain dysfunction due to coronavirus. There have been some bizarre stories about people that have had personality changes due to the virus affecting the brain.

Harden also said the video was not at a strip joint.