1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MacMahon] Harden could be suspended for violating Covid protocols

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 23, 2020.

1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

He’s doing what he is because the NBA and its owners have given elite players far too much control. The current system is broken, but do Adam Silver and the owners have the balls to fix it?

matchesmalone, Nook and bballjunkie like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Adam Silver continues to get happily walked all over

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Adam Silver right now is stalling to figure out what to do

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Bolded is true. Makes the team competitive while also raising / maintaining your trade value.

However, our best chance at winning is still with Harden on the court. If he continues to 'lash out' and disregard rules and such, not only do the Rockets have a higher chance of losing (as he literally can't step onto the court) - it also paints Harden in a bad light.

Because something doesn't go your way, you put your health at jeopardy by attending parties without a mask? Not that Harden had a spotless reputation before or anything, but why would teams trade for you knowing that you might pull something like this whenever?

As good as Harden is, sometimes the best ability is availability. And Harden needs to be available.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I completely disagree with that.

Stone isn't selling low on Harden.

He'll ship out Westbrook because he wasn't loved here. Wall and a FRP is fair value. Russ is one more minor injury away from being a worse contract.

You are too set on the Rockets taking pennies.

DVauthrin, joshuaao and matchesmalone like this.
  6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think Harden cares about the team. He wants to be dealt but also knows there is a benefit (potentially) to acting out like this. IMO he knows we can/should handle OKC w/o him.

We still end up 1-0 and he furthers his "cause".

IMO we need to hold firm. The league (starting with individual teams) must stop this.

7. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Front office needs to hire some strippers to replace the power dancers, that will get James Hard-on to the arena.

bro2044 and psaman17 like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, Silver has sent some pointed comments since the pandemic that lets me know he isn't entirely happy with what is going on. He and owners around the league have created this monster and now Silver is trying to figure out what to do. With Harden not having an agent my guess is Silver is going to......

#1 Put a lot of pressure on the Rockets to get a deal done (not good for the Rockets getting much in trade)
    #2 Communicate with players association to get Harden to modify his behavior or there will be tough punishment.

My guess is we see Harden traded sooner than later with the help of the league, and with the issue being addressed directly with the players association that in the future there will be tough punishment.

joshuaao and Os Trigonum like this.
  9. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

So the team has proven that they are not going to trade him until they get something they feel is fair value. His response to that is to try and destroy his value? Feel like that is just going to make the team hang on to him even longer.

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

If this is accurate and a recent video then suspend him for conduct detrimental and dock his checks.

11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

MEDIA CONSPIRACY. They are just saying he has been at strip clubs not wearing masks to lower his value!!!! Great job Tilman.

J.R. likes this.
  12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It’s good to see things from his perspective. Everybody has a side. He wants out, as soon as possible, and the Rockets aren’t moving fast enough. Fine. The Rockets should sit him out and work to give him what he wants. Put out a clear statement indicating this intention. Lower expectations on returns. He will be traded at a loss — they just need to accept that and move on.

None of this “let’s try to work it out and give it a chance” nonsense. That’s over.

Htown's Finest and Nook like this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Look, I'm willing to scratch Silver's back as long as he scratches ours. We have some picks we will owe OKC in the next few years. 2021 pick is gone, I've accepted that, but as long as he fixes the draft for us to land a couple of number 1 picks in the next few years, similar to Cleveland, then we can **** it call it even. Give me Caris/Spencer/Allen or MPJ and trash or Herro/Robinson and trash.

JumpMan likes this.
  14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I hope you are right that Stone holds firm on his asking price. The immediate future of the franchise hinges on it.

15. Nook

Nook Member

We will see, I would rather be wrong....... but I suspect all this does is increase the pressure on the Rockets to trade James Harden and accept less than fair market value.

16. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Can we just get this ****ing clown out of here already?

17. csc177

csc177 Member

The offers back to the rockets just got worse.

I hate this situation

DVauthrin likes this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So...if true...Harden gets exactly what he wanted by violating protocol and the league is going to help him do it?

I am sorry but it doesn't matter what "tough punishment" they say they'll implement. The reality is the league has lost control and stars can simply do whatever they want. There will be another Anthony Davis/James Harden situation here soon because the playbook has been written: All you must do is raise hell and you'll get what you want. A little fine here and there won't matter at the end of the day.

Adam Silver has been an embarrassment allowing stuff like this.

csc177, joshuaao and DVauthrin like this.
  19. csc177

csc177 Member

If You accept less, you truly screw the franchise and future.

harden played his hand and is winning. Rockets should have taken the best deal weeks ago.

Erbnwarfare and DVauthrin like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Well there is lies the rub.

At what point do the Rockets accept that they are not going to get a young potential star and multiple draft picks?

It potentially sets the franchise back multiple years......

I think that is the point we are at.... where the Rockets are looking at all these issues. They have tried to push the market to up the offers and it hasn't done anything.

There is also the fact that Stone and Fertitta both know Harden will likely contend for titles wherever he goes, and they don't want to deal with the back lash.

DonKnock likes this.