1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cardinals @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That would've been sweet!

2. Buck Turgidson

Awesome. And since the Stros were out of position players/pinch hitters, I nominate Roger Clemens to PH for Ausmus & then play CF.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Just got back from North Gate....err bars.

Damnit! I left when we were in the 10th!!! Damnit. We lost 2-1!!!!

Nothing worse than a 3 game losing streak (unless it is a 4 game streak).

Come on stros, our bats were pathetic in this series. Seriously. We are below .500 at home. What gives?! This is supposed to be a hitter's park!

4. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

5. BigCountry132

BigCountry132 Contributing Member

Ausmus is pretty much a useless player now that he cant throw out any baserunners anymore, and how he is still a horrible hitter. I dont beleive how he is like a pitching coach to the pitchers also, doesnt look lke he helped redding that much.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I think the Astros showed us their vulnerabilities in this series. I don't think our opponents' starting pitching has been good at all up until this point(except Ben Sheets). We face some tough pitching and the bats go silent when we need them. I'm not sure how this bodes for the rest of the season. One thing for sure...that series left a very bad taste in my mouth and I instantly had flashbacks of the Astros of old. Whether it be the Astros in the playoffs who couldn't do jack against Kevin Brown with Randy Johnson starting OR the Astros last season who choked at the end of the season....I got a bad feeling that somehow this team is comparable to those teams even with the new and improved starting pitching rotation we have.

Please help me make this feeling go away! This has been a terrible week for Houston sports so far. I only hope we can turn it around tonight. Somebody needs to win something for crying out loud or this week will go down in infamy(yes...right behind Pearl Harbor and 9/11). :(