1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets are expanding trade discussions on Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 17, 2020.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sam Amick says something else. Not sure which sauces to believe. What has BraBra said lately :rolleyes:?

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Morey needs to stop being weird or Harden needs to extend.

Yea, I'm just trying to find easy trades.

Miami is way too complex for now.

Denver is very intriguing. Murray, Porter, and Bol Bol would intrigue me with no picks.

Philly is the clear partner but Morey is being weird.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  4. Chamillionaire

I'd personally prefer Van Vleet over OG. We're losing our primary ball handler and Wall hasn't played in 2 years.

Ideally, we'd get both plus PS and picks/swaps. Give them PJ. He has history there.

#304 Chamillionaire, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Rockets are doing the right thing by expanding their horizon. They mustn’t be in a hurry. Harden is way better than Ben Simmons.

jayydela, MrWise, bballjunkie and 3 others like this.
  6. swedish-olajuwon

I rather keep Harden, these trades stink ass.

RudyTBag, saleem, MrWise and 3 others like this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So Houston NOW wants to have this trade done "sooner rather than later" when not even a week ago the reports were that they were fine going into the season with James and waiting for the right deal?

"fkin media w**** b****es"

anything for clicks.

Hey Stone - stop being a p***y and come out and say something instead of letting these journalists make a mockery out of the team.

ElPigto, BigShasta and Stormy1234 like this.
  8. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

OG and Pascal Siakam though.

9. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I mean if Simmons was on the market he’d get players and multiple picks in return. he’s getting a 31 yr old harden and the right to max him at 33. I’m someone who loves harden btw

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Harden isn’t old. His game translates to age a lot better than Lebron who just got a max at 36.
    Harden has at minimum another 5 years of MVP to high level play.
    And even at 37/38 yrs old he’s projected to have more value than Simmons peak.

everyday eddie, jayydela and Boston84 like this.
  11. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Where’s the Toronto news from?

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I think just rumor honestly

Boston84 likes this.
  13. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I know how good harden is and I know how durable he is and I’d take him any day he’s great but he’s gonna be 33,34,35,36 making 50+ million....nothing is promised in this game as age creeps in. Just Saying Simmons on the market would get a great return

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, I don’t want to knock Simmons value. But for anyone to insinuate that Simmons would ever have more value as a basketball player than Harden is just asinine imo.
    Harden will be the more valuable player for the next 5 years at minimum.
    Simmons game, while skilled is still predicated on athleticism, once that goes he doesn’t have as many tools or skills that Harden does.

15. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Agreed but he’s 24 that athleticism should last for awhile but I gotcha good points

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Also 24 with a significant injury past. I think that has to factor in to his athleticism projection.

saleem likes this.
  17. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

I bet Stone’s grinding like crazy rn. If he has to talk for every time a journalist spins something against the Rockets he’d be the Jimmy Fallon of GM’s. Let him work, just b/c Morey was a media w**** doesn’t mean Stone has to be. Plus, other teams know which media members are full of it better than we do. I can guarantee they aren’t hanging on these reporters every word lol

Verbal Christ likes this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Im a little torn between Siakam/Simmons. I think the Rockets moving from micro ball to athletic mega ball is smart. the ability to trot out lineups of Wood/Cousins/and Siakam or Simmons in spurts seem pretty ridiculous. Siakam the far better offensive player or Simmons the far better playmaker?

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

All he has to do is release ONE STATEMENT .. he doesnt need to have a daily briefing. He hasnt said a word and allowed these journalistic vultures to paint this team as incompetent and a toxic workplace. While there will be hard truths in some of that, there has been some flagrant licenses used by these talking heads. Just give everybody the company line as generic as it might be "we want James Harden to be a part of the Rockets, but he has requested a trade and we will work diligently to find the appropriate resolution for the Houston Rockets. We are under no time frame and look forward to the 2021 season" done. Puts the ball back in James' court and you see how his camp reacts. High level negotiations require communication.

jnuge90 likes this.
  20. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's smart to leak out Harden could wind up with a **** franchise. Maybe he will smarten up and realize it's not so bad here.