1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Harden continues to push for trade despite Wall’s arrival

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 14, 2020.

?

Where will Harden end up?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2020.
  1. Houston

98 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. Brooklyn

8 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Philadelphia

105 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. Miami

42 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Others

24 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I personally think ESPN is pandering to other markets and driving Hardens value down as well.
    They and Woj for that matter don’t report accurately anymore. ESPN I don’t think ever has.

2. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

I definitely agree if Shams don't report I normally don't even pay it no attention

treyk3 and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I fail to see why this would be shocking because of two preseason games against the Bulls??

Yes we’ve all felt great now about the trade now that we see how good Wall really is and how this team could be pretty damn fun to watch and possibly competitive if healthy, but if Harden wanted a trade 4 days ago not much is substantively different from Hardens perspective (right or wrong).

What hasn’t changed most specifically are three things:

-The Rockets still don’t play in the East
    -The salary cap hasn’t changed to allow for mechanisms to add that much in talent
    -Tillman is still too cheap to pay for it

MoMo just looking for non news that looks like news to get clicks. However it is an admission that Wall looks pretty impressive and that trade was the right move to make. Wall if healthy is a better player than Westbrook even if Westbrook can put up bigger stats when he’s on. Walls stats help teams win where Russ’ stats only help Russ.

Hardens mind probably will never be changed unless we force him to stay and we have a title run like Kawhi/Toronto. Even then... Kawhi still wanted to leave. So “Star player still wants a trade” is really non news. The only news that matters is if he’s going to play and play to win like Kawhi did in Toronto, or if he’s going to pout like Kawhi did in SA.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't know why anyone would think that Harden doesn't still want a trade. He's given no indication that he wants to be here.

HillBoy, Vivi, bballjunkie and 2 others like this.
  5. junk151

junk151 Member

Don’t talk about Ramona that way :D

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I get it we all want to say F the media and Ramona and woj and this is fake news and blah blah blah.

But the truth is James wants out period. This is all on James. Don’t make ESPN the bad guys in this situation it’s harden.

Trade his a$$ along with tuck and let’s get Simmons.

Boston84 likes this.
  7. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Harden will reportedly be at practice today. Can’t wait for the media to beat on him.

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Preach brother

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I cannot wait until we get to hear from him this week. I’m so disappointed in the way he’s handled this after eight years of being open. If the 76ers won’t give up Simmons you’re stuck here for a year buddy. Can’t tank 2020/2021 because of your awful trade for Russ. Wish we had CP still and the four picks at our disposal.

Woj has been a bit off this whole time. I wonder who his source is. He only had Brooklyn when Shams had Philly. He said Harden wanted Wall when Shams didn’t dwell in that gossip. Now this? There’s some truth here and some falsehoods.

The mediocre music man in Philly needs to get his dork voice heard and offer up the best package ever seen. Why is no one pissed at Morey? He left the franchise and now openly is trying to steal the only real star he ever attracted.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Shouldn't Ramona be with the Lakers...... talking about damsel in distress.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It’s not fake, but the media wants to drive his value down, so the Rockets end up as losers.

12. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Problem is it's just a bad time of the year to execute on a trade. Wait till we're closer to the trade deadline and teams are more desperate and then you'll probably get your asking price and then some.

saleem, daywalker02 and Ramo$e like this.
  13. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I get Tilman is a cheap b****. Mostly though, Harden is a ungrateful whiny p***y.

ChumpCity and DCHAMP like this.
  14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

SOS from the media.Agenda laden garbage.

Ramo$e likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

2 preseason games against the pathetic Bulls isn’t enough to convince Harden after months of being dead set on leaving

How could people have thought otherwise?

Harden has yet to even practice or play with this team. Maybe he changes his mind after being on the court with these guys for awhile, or the Rockets make a trade for a significant piece that will make Harden think he can definitely win a title here.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what's brabra hearing from executives around the league

Rudyc281 and daywalker02 like this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

"Unmoved and uninterested" sounds like it comes straight out of the mouth of "Ramona the b****" or possibly his agent, not James. He might still want a trade, or he might not, but if he does, I seriously doubt that he'd put it that way.

Deuce, slothy420 and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This, but seriously.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If Philly don’t offer Simmons no deal

DCHAMP likes this.
  20. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Good for him speaking about what he wants

Now let the Rockets speak for what they want-- No trade