1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rival Execs Want NBA To Intervene On James Harden Situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Dec 7, 2020.

1. bmd

bmd Member

Obtaining capital to build a business does not mean someone isn’t self-made. He was not handed his billions. And you could have spent a few minutes on Google. He built his first business with a $6,000 bank loan and now is worth billions.

[​IMG]

https://www.entrepreneur.com/video/334175

2. csj

csj Member

Never said otherwise, the question is how the capital was obtained. Was it obtained in a way that anyone could obtain it? Self-made implies not receiving breaks that others do not have access to. I don't think for a moment that was true for him.

Also, no one has claimed he was "handed his billions", whatever "his billions" means. This is a straw man.

I did spend a "few minutes on Google", and the Wikipedia article tells a far different story. He didn't "build his first business", he gained control of one where he started out as a partner and he had access to that business due to his father.

I'm inclined to believe a Wikipedia article over a magazine that's in business to profit from from such stories and intends to present people like this in a favorable light. Thanks for clearing up where you're coming from, promoting Tillman's book and articles describing him in a most favorable light. People like Tillman never get to where they are without exploiting others.

UTSA2step likes this.
  3. rockets13champs

I really feel life wise he kinda lost and needs some direction. There comes a point when all these strip clubs get old. I really hope what Harden is going thru he can get thru and become a healthier person mentally and spiritually

cmoak1982 likes this.
  4. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I had more fun watching the ball actually move around last night and not be iso’d with Harden. We got Wall and he looks good and actually involves his teammates. C-ya James, it was fun but now we need to move on from the past!!!

5. eman

eman Contributing Member

Jerian Grant looked like a decent backup PG last night, in very limited minutes: 2/2 from 3, 3A/0TO. I hope he can surprise, maybe get a few more minutes. No need to play Wall massive minutes. I'm assuming Harden won't be around much longer, so efficiency at the point will be key to the surprising post-Harden team improvement-- not just in wins, but in this fan's viewing pleasure.