1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Russillo] 76ers waiting on Rockets for Simmons / Harden deal; also PJ Tucker wants out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Harden for Ben Simmons sounds like a deal. Sounds like a deal that sucks donkey butts, that is.

2. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Need a 3rd team involved to take Simmons for some more picks.

We need to activate tank mode and not try to build around Ben Simmons.

Ming The King likes this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

You can't trade for Simmons while having Wall. It will never work because both excel at the same thing. All you can do in this scenario is 3 team trade.

I'd much rather get PG+Sweet Lou+something from Clippers. Ballmer probably wants to get rid of Pandemic P too. He could hide behind Walls leadership here too just doing his thing as the main scoring option

JumpMan likes this.
  4. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

All I know for sure is that the media REALLY wants Harden out of Houston. Possibly more than the man himself. Never seen so many talking heads interested in the Rockets and they don’t seem to care if the team gets peanuts back in return. The ideal scenario for me is Harden stays and Wall and Cousins ball out so the Rockets shut the media up and make them look foolish. Slim chance, but it would be glorious.

5. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

It is the most likely outcome. If only Simmons could shoot.....

6. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Paul George for James Harden would be horrible. You saw him in the playoffs right? Why would you want a guy who 3 ball hits the side of the backboard?

cmoak1982, hajkov and clutchdabear like this.
  7. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Harden is doing everything he can to make the media think that he wants out of Houston.

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

You literally couldn't have imagined a worse scenario for me, personally. I cannot stand Paul George.

9. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

it’s incredibly unlikely that tanking nabs Houston a player as good as Simmons, especially given the Westbrook trade. I wouldn’t do a straight up swap, and I’d rather see what we have first, but this idea that we shouldn’t want Simmons is a little ridiculous.

JamalP. and clutchdabear like this.
  10. CertifiedTroll

I don’t see what others see in Simmons. Can we get Michael Porter, Bol Bol, and Murray instead?

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

there's a counter strategy for that too

12. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

That would be great for houston, but I don't think Denver has any desire to do that trade. Not sure how well the Joker and the Beard would work together.

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Wall can't play in the post.....but Simmons can

15. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Facts

16. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

To me, sounded like a spoiled kid who got the candy stolen and wants to show the World he is mad.

"oh, but he deserves to get paid"
    "oh, he has done a lot, he needs an extension"
    "oh, see? Tillman fault"
    "oh, ... oh..."

This player-whining-**** is getting way out of hand.

PDJACK7 likes this.
  17. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

MPJ maybe but definitely not Murray or Bol
    Bol

18. mightybosstone

It makes more sense to keep him than to move him. You're unlikely to get a player of his caliber for any pick you get for him in a deal. Also, the team isn't bad enough with Simmons to go into full tank mode, and they don't have their own first next season anyway.

If you make a deal with Philly, Ben Simmons damn sure better be a Rocket at the end of it. And I'm by no means a huge Simmons fan. It's a matter of value.

19. bmelo

bmelo Member

Just ask yourself would you say that a year-two ago.. Time to flip the coin and buy low. If I was Stone I would approach Clippers like "Allright you want to retain Kawhi and have real superstar? James would extend his contract in LA. He don't want to play with us. We can do this. Obviously PG has been **** so you would have to give me PG+picks+role players+ cash considerations for Tilly to make it work somehow". We could get Lou/Zubac... They got some interesting players. And PG will bounce back I am sure of it don't let hatred get too much into your heads he is stil premier wing, can defend, can shoot the ball and can play within system. He played his best alongside Russ and Wall is miles better in playmaking.

edit: im just being realist. no one will give us Booker/Murray/Trae/Doncić etc... MPJ is injury waiting to happen he is too tall to have back problems and not get injured. We can realistically get Simmons/Whatever Boston has to offer... Not too much of a market tbh and it aint changing quick. I think if Clippers give us really good package around PG we can really make noise as a "Redemption team". A lot of chips on their shoulders and team-oriented players

Edit2.
    "Death" lineup of:
    Boogie
    Wood
    PG
    EG
    Wall

Lou/Zubac, PJ, Green, House on the bench. Nwaba when healthy. I'm ****ing hard with this roster.

#199 bmelo, Dec 10, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Jumping off of the right foot looks so awkward.