1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden open to being traded to contenders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Dec 8, 2020.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No way, Kyrie is a cancer.

Vivi and D-rock like this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets don't want Kyrie and his crazy ass cancer self.

D-rock, HillBoy, saleem and 3 others like this.
  3. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

This is the kind of team that would take a chance on Harden. They aren’t bringing any big names free agents there. They would have to draft one. If they want to make the playoffs and show Fox that he made the right choice, they should make a move for someone of Harden’s ilk.

4. TimDuncanDonaut

Crazy? this guy?

[​IMG]

Basektball Reference

D-rock, ElPigto and Jontro like this.
  5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Shooting is easier on a flat Earth.

Vivi, HillBoy, daywalker02 and 2 others like this.
  6. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Even with a list that's opened up, I still don't see anybody offering a really competitive offer. I don't want MPJ, at least not until he proves he can sustain a high level of offense and defense, and with Denver banking on him being their third star I don't see how BKN gets the assets needed to acquire him for a trade with Houston. Go on down the line, and really you narrow yourself down to a list of just a few that would even have the assets - PHI, IND, NOLA, and maybe 1 or 2 others. IND would have to be willing to give up Sabonis, NOLA would probably need a commitment and it seems like they don't want to rush into anything with Zion, and PHI seems pretty comfortable standing pat, at least for now.

Logical conclusion is Harden's here for awhile and ultimately gets moved for Ben Simmons IF PHI struggles to start the season.

7. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Healthy Wall + Cousins and + Harden = Contenders! Jeez. At least this lineup will still be better than Philly.

8. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

IMO there were three great pivot points for the Rox in the CP3 era that didn’t happen that should’ve pushed us over the top.

the driest was the year we picked up CP3. IMO that season should’ve been the one we pushed our chips all in and traded Gordon/Capela/Pick for Paul George. That trade at the time would’ve rivaled and possibly outdone the OKC offer. I feel that was the one chance in time Morey had to truly get his coveted big 3 and we didn’t go all in. George would’ve replaced EGos shooting and D and Cao could be replaceable by any rim runner at that point.

the next pivot point occurs over 2 seasons in that we didn’t maximize our assets to retain a rotation. After the WCF loss we entered the offseason with

CP3
    Harden/Gordon
    Ariza/Moute/Green
    Tucker/Anderson
    Capela/Nene

that offseason we lost essentially 4 rotation players since Moute Anderson and nene was never the same and we let Ariza go for nothing. Imagine if in that offseason we kept Arizas salary to do the wizards trade instead of the suns.

CP3/Rivers/Melton
    Harden/Gordon
    Oubre/Any NTMLE 2018 for salary filler
    Tucker/Anderson
    Capela/Nene

those signings I feel could’ve opened the door to a Butler trade. They reported declining our deal of 4 picks and Gordon but ended up settling for RoCo saric. I wonder if we offered Gordon oubre and picks would that have gotten it done. If not you retain flexibility and youth to stay flexible down the line. The following year we could’ve added House and another MLE player (Jam Green/Temple/Aminj/anyone)

CP3/rivers/knight or Melton
    Harden/Gordon
    Oubre/house/MLE
    Tucker/MLE
    Capela/Nene/Anderson or Chriss

with all your picks. The point is we didn’t manage our assets either salary fillers or timing of dumps appropriately. Had Tillman not been a cheap ******* we could’ve had a contender with flexibility and multiple chances of upgrades.

D-rock and Mathloom like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kyrie would have to immediately be routed to another team...he’s extremely overrated, and I don’t want his dumbass here

there is only so much Silas can take before he has a nervous breakdown...Kyrie is a coach’s and organization’s worst nightmare

Vivi, D-rock and saleem like this.
  10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

agreed im just stating where the sway is. im thinking more where does harden want to go.

the list is short.

if im harden im probably already in contact with lakers and clips.
    just like with kawhi... harden will go toronto for a bit or boston on a rental but ultimately he probably sees himself as a laker or clipper.

i could also see the appeal of miami.

this is all still the fallout from the reality that they ended up getting beat 4-1 against lakers-
    lose coach , gm , westbrook as reality that as constructed cant beat them. harden is looking at the "joining them" vs. beat them train so that brings us back to the situation. for 2 years as he gears up for LA brooklyn would be fun and might have a shot in a 7 game series against lakers.

there are only a few teams that as of today if add harden can compete with lakers. one of those teams being clippers. the same list of "maybe" being toronto,milwaukee, denver,miami,brooklyn, maybe philly (edit forgot warriors) . none of those teams are going to get him to re-sign except maybe miami, brooklyn,philly..

so the scenario A for harden is get him to either miami or clippers now. or brooklyn philly now

scenario B get harden to toronto,milwaukee, denver and he go to clippers or miami in 2 years.

either way all roads lead to clippers or miami. brooklyn philly in the running if he goes now. maybe morey couid convince him to stay.

think about max deals and places he wants to be and its clippers or miami..thats it

#510 IBTL, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Simply wrong, but it's a moot point. Utah wouldn't make the trade for several reasons.

12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't want Kyrie and neither does Harden. Even Durant is probably regretting teaming up with him. Their mutual LeBron hate/jealousy will only take their friendship so far.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I want to see him sail to the end of the world and fall into nothingness.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Boston.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Jamal Murray and Gary Harris for Harden.
    Denver can keep all the rest. I doubt if it will happen, but I’ll settle for it.
    @ApacheWarrior @D-rock

linvetb6 likes this.
  16. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

lol you serious? Is Jokic included?

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Murray and Harris don’t work on trade machine but Murray/Barton does. I would rather have Barton anyway.

I wouldn’t mind trading with Denver; but they have to take Eric. Gordon with Harden. Rockets can’t get a team
    to take Eric Gordon wrapped with a first round pick right now. Ironic because I think Harden is playing games
    to force Tilman to trade EG anywhere......only to be traded with EG to Denver. Funny.

https://tradenba.com/trades/6HT0feczn

Houston in: Murray / Barton / M Porter jr.

x

Nuggets in: Harden / Eric Gordon

I’m not much for M Porter jr but he can improve..........rumor is Nets trying to acquire MPjr so they can package
    him to Houston for Harden. Let’s skip the middle man and work directly with Nuggets. Nets don’t understand
    we want those picks needed for them to acquire MP jr.

saleem likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. sheb

sheb Member

Harden has 2 years left on his deal (and a third year player option). This is a different situation as compared to Kawhi who was in his final year when he went to Toronto. Harden would have to go to Toronto, stay there 2 years, then go to LA. By that time, Lebron would have been done and gone (he's going to the team where his son plays, and he will be old).

DaDakota likes this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Garry Harris nor Monte Morris can be traded this season. They just signed extensions. They are trade ineligible for a year.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.