1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Spooner

Spooner Member

They both shot over 40% from 3?? The difference being Milton can create his own shot. Have you seen Milton's games as a starter with Simmons out? Its not hard to find one dimensional shooters. I don't understand why you are talking about defense when Korkmaz isn't even average defensively. Milton surely has higher value around the league, I don't think that's even debatable and I would have a hard time relinquishing that value over a few inches, or a marginal difference in spot up shooting... especially if we are entering a rebuild with the trade. Morey is very high on him and he has a lot of room to grow. He could be a difference maker in a few years. I don't see Korkmaz improving much from what he already is. I appreciate your passion and you have good takes from time to time, but this one might haunt you in a few years. Agree to disagree :)

jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  2. sydmill

sydmill Member

HOU: Harden and PJ to Philly
    Phi: Simmons to NYK, Mike Scott & Shake Milton to Hou (along with '23 & '25 FRPs and SRPs in '21,'22, & '24), & Thybulle (and FRP in '21) to Orlando
    NYK: Randle to Orl & NYK and Dallas FRPs in '21 & '23 along with 2 SRPs in '21
    Orl: Gordon & Bamba to Houston

Who says no?

3. rockets13champs

Also Kawhi traveled at the begining everyoen in Philly will tell u that

D-rock likes this.
  4. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I don’t see Atlanta doing this trade at all. I think they are building that team around Trae. The following teams have no reason to make a trade for Harden. Either because they don’t think he will stay or they think they have a good thing going:
    Utah (Donovan Mitchell)
    ATL (they won’t trade Trae, they love him there)
    PHX: have Booker and CP3
    LAL: Can’t afford him
    MIL: Giannis doesn’t like Harden
    DET: Rebuilding and Harden wouldn’t stay
    LAC: I think they like where they are at
    MIN: just drafted Edwards and have KAT and Russell (also Harden definitely wouldn’t stay)
    MEM: Not trading Ja for Harden
    SAS: They would but don’t have assets
    DAL: Has Luka and probably won’t trade Porzingis
    ORL: Won’t stay there
    OKC: Rebuilding through draft
    WIZ: Not trading Beal
    CLE: won’t stay there
    CHA: Won’t stay there
    IND: could trade Dipo and Turner or Sabonis but I don’t think Harden would stay there either.

So that leaves GS, DEN, TOR, POR, BKN, BOS, SAC, MIA, NOP, CHI, NYK, and PHI

players off the table on those teams though:
    GS: Steph Curry, Klay, Draymond
    DEN: Jokic and Murray
    TOR: FVV
    POR: Dame, Nurkic
    BKN: Jordan, KD, Kyrie
    MIA: Bam and Jimmy
    BOS: Tatum
    SAC: Fox
    NOP: Zion, Hayes
    CHI: everyone is on the table
    PHI: Embiid
    NYK: Everyone is on the table

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Atlanta only makes sense as a 3rd team facilitator.

Something like:

Philly gets Harden
    Atlanta gets Tobias/picks (Philly) for their troubles
    Houston gets young guys from Atlanta + picks from Philly

You could do the same type of deal with Sacramento, also. We get Hield/Bagley/filler/picks. None of the above is my preferred option, but DM is going to have to get creative if he really intends on not surrendering Simmons.

6. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Houston...fast

jch1911, D-rock and Denovo like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

HELL NO!!!!

jch1911 and hibbetts like this.
  8. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I only care assets, no forever enemy, no forever friends :)

D-rock likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

1st Trade
    76ers: PJ Tucker
    Rockets: Matisse Thybulle, Mike Scott + 76ers FRP

2nd Trade

Kings: Eric Gordon, Danuel House, Mike Scott + 76ers FRP + 2 Rockets FRP
    Magic: Buddy Hield
    Rockets: Aaron Gordon, Mo Bamba

*Bulls Sign & Trade Shaq Harrison to Rockets for 4.5M and receive TPE, SRP.

Wall/Shaq
    Harden/Nwaba/McLemore
    Thybulle/Brown/Tate
    AG/Bruno/KJ
    Wood/Cousins/Bamba

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

GSW can go rot in hell.

Forever enemies my friend.

WiltTheStilt13 and jhagerdorn like this.
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Atlanta doesn't have the outgoing contracts to make it happen - Unless they include Capela.

Galanari and Bogdonovic can't be traded until Feb 5.

They have to ship out at least $33m in salary to take back Hardens contract.

12. sydmill

sydmill Member

Aaron Gordon, mo bamba, shake milton and 6 first round picks seems like the type of haul that can completely rebuild the rockets in pretty short order. The next two drafts are full of talent and getting on the mediocrity treadmill with Ben simmons and the harden/embid 6ers #28 picks for the next few seasons doesn't scream championship ambitions.

13. jhagerdorn

jhagerdorn Member

Houston In: Caris LaVert
    Taurean Prince
    Spencer Dinwiddie
    Jarrett Allen

Brooklyn Nets In: James Harden
    P J Tucker

We hope to get draft picks also

This Shores up Center Position, Gives us Guard Depth and a Replacement for Pj Tucker and His Contract Talk. Plus it gives Harden what he wants so (hopefully) future free agents see that Houston isn't ALL bad. We also get 6 Million cap relief. Forgive me if I am wrong, but wouldn't that also let us use the MLE getting Houston out of the "hard cap" limit?

14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I think were still a little thin at the 3, would rather see someone better than Thybulle and worse than Bamba. That said, I think I'd be more excited for Bamba than Gordon. I think Bamba can still break out.

We need a trade similar to your proposal to go all in, it's officially time. Since you play with trades, is there any scenario where Rockets can get their swaps back? I wouldn't want to pay too much of a premium because OKC will be tanking too, but I don't want a "Jrue Holiday" type package. I would want to see the Rockets go full Hinkie, and tanking is a waste if we are giving our picks to OKC. If we can get Ben Simmons, then great send him to OKC for our a;; of picks back. At least then we can tank and hope for a "process" like resurrection that enabled Phi to be in the position to steal him from us.

jhagerdorn likes this.
  15. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Why would we want Taurean Prince and why are we giving up Tucker?

I'll say it right now, any deal for JH starts and ends with maximum amount of frp and expiring to take on Gordon's contract.

D-rock, jhagerdorn and Tristan_fiore like this.
  16. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Hell no! That is a **** package! **** the Nets and sending Harden there. I would rather send him to the NOP for Reddick and Ingram.

baller4life315, D-rock and jhagerdorn like this.
  17. jhagerdorn

jhagerdorn Member

but... but... but.. the trade machine says we will win one more game?! :rolleyes:

18. jhagerdorn

jhagerdorn Member

and if Houston has to send out Harden, won't you NEED Gordon? Also, his trade value is crap, so trade him at the deadline.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not going all in until Harden officially traded, until then you build the best team you can AROUND Harden.

His directive has ALWAYS been, build me a championship team, or send me to someone that will.

Harden is not pulling a fast one, contrary to what fans/media are spinning, he has always been adamant about this.

It's time for TF to start taking this **** seriously, Harden has run out of patience AND trust.

20. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member