1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Walls Passing Skills

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by legacygt777, Dec 2, 2020.

1. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Lol we already have braindead wall stans on here

2. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

You know, the last time I watched a new player highlights, that player's name was Westbrook :rolleyes:

daywalker02 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  3. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Really? My sarcasm detector seems broken, please say it was sarcasm.

4. TimDuncanDonaut

Of course will give chance. But if a bust; are peeps going to go from westbrick to brickwall? o_O

Too many unknowns going into this season. Wait and see.

daywalker02 and Kim like this.
  5. Rocketeer4Life

They are both starting point guards. I have a very valid point. Westbrook and Harden were both point guards and best friends and that still didn't work

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It worked with Paul/Harden and Westbrook/Harden, meaning we were still competitive and advanced in the playoffs. I'm sure it will work with Wall/Harden as well.

At least Wall doesn't play out of control like WB did and his handles are elite unlike WB.

csnerd84 likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

yall remember the John Wall passing challenge from 2017?

Bearius Jones likes this.
  8. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Kim likes this.
  9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

feel you but it’s nice to have another guy that can dribble the ball and creat/pass at a high level.

he’s also a decent catch and shoot 3 point shooter I think like 36-37%. So he a better fit in that regard not perfect but better than Russ.

Kim likes this.
  10. JW86

JW86 Member

Wall is here to replace Harden or due to injury a nice way to get into the lottery. Bang!

11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I'm very optimistic about Wall, and I'm a very pessimistic person in general. Got a weird feeling about his productivity though, could be back to an all star level. Wall & Harden is a similar duo stylistically as Paul/Harden & we saw how that went

12. sheb

sheb Member

This brings back so many memories of the TMac Yao era

hajkov and daywalker02 like this.
  13. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

They have Beal who can bea guard to.pass the ball for russ to.shoot

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ariza needed a good one too.

Lord Brickza.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you are ok with less scoring because I would imagine Wall playing 32 minutes.

Scoring around 17-19 ppg.

I think Chris Paul was a more efficient guy and an actual leader.

I would think that Wall is going to win more games against bad teams but would lose more close games against playoff contenders.

16. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

I don't know, man. Despair is real, raw emotion. Hope is an ether too often unreachable. I love the trade though.

Kim likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I loved Westbrook's energy. I'm going to miss him. I hate that he left our team. He sped up the pace and made it more fun for me to watch. I hope we don't go back to dribble dribble hero ball again. I hated that style of play.

I know nothing about Wall, since I only watch the Rockets and who they play. I did look at his stats from a couple years ago before his injury and don't see how he would be better overall. Who knows, coming off an injury and not playing a year, but comparing his stats when healthy to Russ who came off an injury last year.

Russ averaged 7 more pts a game and had a .763 FG% compared to Wall's .697. Russ averaged 7.9 rebounds to Wall's 3.6 a game. Russ had a .763 FT% compared to Wall's .697.

Wall edged out Russ in 3PT % .302 to Russ .258, which would be the only upgrade. The turnovers and assists weren't much different, and Wall's assists might go down with Harden as the main ball carrier. Wall had 1.7 more assists and .7 less turnovers.

Neither blocked much, but our new centers should take that over anyway. I'm actually excited about getting centers again.
    Are we the only all black team in the NBA now?

18. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Westbrook and Harden are THE most ball dominant players in the League. Not saying they are top 5 or 10... They are both are the TOP 2!

So we traded someone we KNOW it didn't fit, for someone who COULD fit. How that can that be bad?
    BTW, NO OTHER TEAM wanted Westbrook contract.

Also, an healthy Wall is much more like CP3 than anybody else in the league.
    The only gamble of this trade is his health. But again. Its better to gamble and give it a shot, other than knowing you will fail.

rockets1995 likes this.
  19. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Russ is a surely a fighter and the best motor in the league. But also a stat padder and have a BB IQ of a 15 yo that just learned how to dunk.
    Stats like rebounds and points are irrelevant for comparing players, if one of those stats are leveraged at the expense of teammates stats.
    Or you don't agree most of WB rebounds aren't loose balls that others don't take?

Points? Yeah, WB is a scorer, but he also forces it going 1v5 in a lot of plays, sprinting relentlessly, or shooting dumb shots.
    That is one playstyle that didn't work w/ Harden. If Wall is getting lower stats, but the team is playing BETTER AND WINNING, we are good.

It is a team game, you know? And Westbrook is a ME player.

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden is a ME player as much as Russ. He's had plenty of stat padding games himself. He's had plenty of games where he took twenty or so 3's when shooting poorly. Last year was the first time he actually didn't dribble dribble dribble dribble and shoot or pass in the last second. That was not fun to watch, regardless of how many points he made. I just hope he doesn't go back to that again with Russ gone.