1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Athletic] Why James Harden and the Rockets are on the verge of a divorce

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Oakland Fan

Oakland Fan Member

Sometimes all it takes is a change of scenery for a player to recognize that he needs to change his game or role. I believe Harden's talent is undeniable and people would be surprised at how adaptable he can be.

I think that Harden is a generational talent and that he would adjust his game if he was paired with Durant and Irving. If he goes to Brooklyn all three superstars have so much to prove that I think they would make it work. I would still enjoy watching basketball and rooting for my team, but I would expect Larry O'Brien would be making multiple stops in Brooklyn over the next few years.

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Give him what he wants but make him wait until we get enough back. It's on Nets to come up with the assets be it their own or through 3rd party. Now if someone makes a offer you can't refuse and it just so happens to be better than Nets. You still have to do whats best for the franchise though.

3. Victorious

Victorious Member

Dwight was a drama case before coming to Houston, cp3 too. Can't blame those all on Harden

4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

You can't be serious? Harden and Mchale drama? Signing Chucky Brown, Signing Ty Lawson (players he wanted). I can go on. He's gotten everything he has asked for. Even if he decided he didn't want it after the fact. The list of players Harden doesn't get along with is bigger than the ones he does. I'm not saying it's all his fault but you can't act like he hasn't has a significant hand in creating this environment. Tilman is to blame too for sure....instead of cutting cost he should have been doing everything he could to get players here to help CP3 & Harden to win that way he wouldn't want to leave. You could argue he did that with Westbrook but if Harden was going to go he was going to go anyway.

#44 Ramo$e, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020