1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dont count out CLE and Kevin Love for a Westbrook trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yes, I think Westbrook is worth more than Hield and a pick. Also, that particular trade wouldn't work since Westbrook's contract is '4 yr / 38 mil' while Hield is '5 yr / 5 mil.' Crazy numbers.

saleem likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Was thinking the same. If I am the Rockets I ask for Kevin Porter Jr with Love. Also, trading Westbrook for Love, the Rockets would REDUCE payroll by 10M. #Tilman would love that. Getting a draft asset for the future would be important. Rockets need any assets they can get to restock the cupboard.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yup, #Tilman ran Morey out the door. Was obvious. Basically Tilman just handcuffed Morey and his ability to BUILD a team. Tilman made more THROW AWAY assets (picks, tradabale salary, young players) that could be BUILDING BLOCKS of this team. Morey had NOTHING to work with, as Cyberx said. ALL of this is BEYOND OBVIOUS. I don't blame Morey. He is a casualty of #Tilman's demads. Morey just followed orders.

kjayp and Plowman like this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Love and Russ are close. I’d rather do it for Sexton, Drummond and KPJ.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. finsraider

finsraider Member

Trading for Love doesn’t give us a center or a guard to add to our rotation, so there’s a lot we’d have to figure out.

It does add new offensive dimensions to our approach, but the defensive fit is hard to see. Can you close a game with Harden and Love sharing the floor?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The benefit of adding Love is that his game works perfectly with Harden's. They augment each other.

Also, keep in mind in terms of fit, the Rockets will have a new offense and defense. Or at least new wrinkles. So we can't totally say something won't fit without knowing the plan.

kjayp, Rudyc281 and Plowman like this.
  7. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Would they give us anything if we let them have a big 3/4? Just give me Nance, Cedi/KPJ, whomever they like less of Sexton or Garland, and the 5th pick and I'll be happy. Maybe if you get them hot on that big 3 idea you can squeeze a protected future first. Take someone like Hayes or Toppin with the pick. Harden will make Nance look like a borderline Allstar. If we take Toppin that's a modern day Nash-Amare combo with Harden.

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I figured out the right move.

https://tradenba.com/trades/hvsJBRFYM

Russ and Love are best friends. They both go and make the Knicks relevant. The Rockets get a center and a PG replacement.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What exactly is Harden unhappy about, that he'd still be willing to stay for another season?

Can you also explain how their friendship has gone sour, but they're acting like it's hasn't on social media? I'm trying to make sense of how much of this is staged/planned.

amaru likes this.
  11. ReturnOfTheMac

Time to blow it up man , do a full reset like OKC and build for the future. Trade WB and EG to the Knicks and get Rj and the 8th pick. Trade harden and Tucker/Covington to Philly and get Ben Simmons and Matisse and picks.

#211 ReturnOfTheMac, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Morey, Tilman, Harden. Some combination of these 3 killed us by giving away all our picks for rebuild.

All of them should be gone but too bad Tilman owns the team and can't be forced to sell easily.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

It did come to light, Pennsylvania man voted for his dead mother.

His mother voted for Trump.

Can I have my Million dollars now Lt. Gov. Patrick?

Red.Glare, T.MAC, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

No thanks, rather keep Russ.

15. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

Nooooooooo god noooooooooooo! Why is Houston forever the club med for washed up stars that are on the last leg of their tenure?! Why?! It’s like they have this checklist of old players from like 2010. Wtfffff

coachbadlee, D-rock and amaru like this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

How sour do we think Harden and Westbrook’s friendship is? From what I can find in IG it doesn’t appear sour. They certainly don’t fit together on the court. That’s for sure

17. amaru

amaru Member

And a lot of their mutual friends are chimming in on it.

HP3 likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Andre Drummond was a legit candidate for DPOY last season.

His attention to D has vastly improved.

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2019...n-early-case-for-defensive-player-of-the-year

He is still better in drop coverage scheme IMO but fortunately new D assistant (Weaver) is expert in that system (in addition to switching).

19. rockets13champs

The 3 1st round picks Boston is giving for Jrue might be more valuable to NOP than this current package

20. mightybosstone

To each his own, I guess. For me, if I can get rid of a mediocre, overpaid player who's unhappy, I'd much rather have a similarly mediocre player who's a better fit next to my superstar and whose contract is less awful. That feels like a no-brainer to me. Russ is going to make $40M more over the next three years than Love; let that sink in for a minute.

raining threes and D-rock like this.