1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 11, 2020.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. riko

riko Member

32 year old turnover/chucker machine who also can’t shoot while making 40plus million a year for the next three seasons has little trade value? Who would have thought that?

harold bingo, tycoonchip and YOLO like this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

As I said, if there isn't good value out there right now it's best to try to work this out. Russ is a superstar. All NBA player. His contract is inflated but it gets better with time.

The team has a clear hole at the 5. Running it back and adding a center with some depth is not a bad plan. If everything clicks this team will surprise a lot of people. I don't know why but I have faith that next year is going to be better than any in the Harden era. I never feel this way but have immense faith they work it out and make a rounded team.

joshuaao, DVauthrin, Big Fuzz and 2 others like this.
  4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

there are some lotto teams that would definitely want him. teams that need some kind of excitement and an injection of energy, russ can provide.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  5. riko

riko Member

They might but you won’t get anything great in return

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Maybe this is where Tilman learns the downside of making basketball decisions himself.

7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i just dont think there is much they can do to really become a title contender. we are one of the oldest, if not the oldest team in the league. what big can we bring in for cheap that would give us a chance against AD and lebron ? the warriors are back. clippers will be better with lue, and denvers young guys keep getting better. Im not sure we would be able to beat any of these teams in a series with this roster. this seems like the perfect time to just blow up. you already got rid of the GM and coach, may as well finish the job. just make a clean break and move on im tired of this dragging out.

Easy likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

If Westbrook is traded, im cool with running it back.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

thats true....but thats why I think we should go ahead and trade james too. if russ wants out we will not get anything that makes us better. we will be getting farther away from a title and james isnt getting any younger. just trade them both.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

JaeSean Tate, Bruno Caboclo, Jonah Bolden and Hartenstein can all be added with little to no issues. That's four unknown guys that the team can take fliers on. Two of them have already been in the system.

The MLE HAS to be utliized. Whether it's Baynes or Noel or a home run with the NTMLE like Christian Wood or Ibaka. The team needs to find a back up PG.

I think the Rockets can be the best team in the West by adding Christian Wood to this team while signing depth. It's unlikely but it's not impossible.

11. riko

riko Member

Well I’ve been saying Harden is gone so why keep him for another season if he won’t be here beyond this upcoming season? Have a farewell tour season? I don’t see the point. Get Simmons from Philly or Levert, Allen and a boat load of picks from the Nets

12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i dont think any of those guys move the needle for us and Wood would certainly be out of our price range. i like baynes but he is old also and i just dont think its enough to stop LBJ and AD. they truly overwhelmed us. Our offense was actually good we just could not guard them. to be fair no other teams could either but still......Running it back is ok IF russ WANTS to be here. ill be rooting hard like always but if he wants out let him go.....then trade james too.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Yea getting Wood would likely require us to trade Eric Gordon for nothing and creating a TPE to do a SNT for about 14 Million a year for Wood. It's worth it in my opinion. If he's willing to sign for the NTMLE at about $10M per year, we could easily work around a hard cap.

Rudyc281 and HP3 like this.
  14. sabesque

sabesque Member

I cant imagine anything less reliable than a straw poll by Windhorst

15. HardenVolumeOne

basically a mouthpiece for lebron

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Unfortunately, it’s real.

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

There are so many question marks about this time it’s crazy. Obviously the owner & GM are major ones. I like Silas. I like the staff so far. But the roster has so many unknowns.

Let’s say we patch thinks with Russ & James how can we beat utilize these guys? Will James need to play off the ball more often than not? Westbrook is what he is he isn’t going to magically be able to shoot at 32.

Is the bridge with PJ burning up? He’s 35 do we redo his contract? How can better utilize Gordon? I feel MDA was poor at this. Will he even be healthy?

I like House. I think he also underutilized but has he burned his bridge with his teammates? So much team chemistry needs to be fixed for this roster to even function.

I don’t know much about Nwaba will be a player? How about Caboclo? Is Carroll still under contract? Jeff Green will probably get more money than we can offer so that’s going to leave a major hole. Rivers won’t be back. Silas has stated he would like a big but with no money that’s probably not happening.

The only 2 players on this roster that I know will show up and play are James & Robert. Everyone else leaves me skeptical.

18. kevcai

kevcai Member

My wild crazy Westbrook trades:

https://tradenba.com/trades/plKsKERyp
    • Higher risk player in John Wall but he looks explosive, is a better decision maker and has a slightly better 3 point shot than westbrook. Also adding a young talented center in Thomas Bryant that can shoot and finish at the rim
    https://tradenba.com/trades/q_RM_lmY5
    • Orlando gets a star to build around and their Center can shoot so won't clog the paint. We get an athletic freak with some shooting ability (Aaron Gordon), a high risk/high reward center (Bamba), and another potential 3+D forward (Aminu)
    https://tradenba.com/trades/PVyBjDw9g
    • Pistons get a centerpiece to try to build interest/momentum. We get a play making big who can shoot (Griffin) and two shooters (Kennard/Svi). Kennard is actually a very legit scoring option too

https://tradenba.com/trades/aKhOwuXQa
    • Hornets rumored to have interest in Westbrook. We get a talented young shooting big (PJ), Rozier is a solid scorer and Batum who is an expiring contract

DCHAMP likes this.
  19. riko

riko Member

No Wall please.He is another Westbrook. Sure he is smarter, but he can’t shoot from anywhere. We need guys who can punish teams if they double James. I like the Aaron Gordon and Mo Bamba the best.

kevcai likes this.
  20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I ain’t gonna lie I never thought about John Wall. Huge huge risk coming off an injury but would totally be a dope backcourt if both healthy. I would want another piece though and I’m really not sold on Thomas Bryant. Think he’s just a big body capitalizing on a crappy team. Maybe their pick and try to flip that for a big that complements Harden.

joshuaao and kevcai like this.