1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks' version of cyberx says this about Rockets trade rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Sep 29, 2020.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I like the gordon/PJ for horford/thybulle idea too.

gordon's extension is ridiculous. horford is overpaid as well but his deal ends 1 year sooner, the same year as harden, Westbrook, and roco.

plus a bigman who can shoot the 3 is needed for rus, but he can also defend scoring centers very well which PJ can't. and he's a great passer. you can give him the ball in the high post and rus some motion around him which fits what Silas was saying about adding some more offball movement. anytime harden has played with a big who can make a play, he's had amazing synergy with them. josh smith, and Jeff green come to mind. thybulle as an elite defender who can maybe learn to shoot is very intriguing.

I like this one a whole lot more than that holmes/barnes/picks one.

holmes is a solid starter but can't spread the floor so his minutes with rus could be limited. barnes is a pretty average scorer now and a below average defender. he's regressed. his best position how is at PF which is where roco is. he wouldn't fit our need at SF. and with 3 more years who knows how bad that contract will look before its over. at least with horford he fits some needs and can play with rus. if I can swing barnes and the picks for a starting SF ($22M is just too much to have backing up roco, we need a starter for that money) then maybe I'm in. but holmes isn't as good of a fit at center as horford and that's harder to find.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Totally agree @smoothie i've always been a big fan of Horford so, even if he's older now, his game is aging well and i'd still take him in a similar deal without esitation.

D-rock likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hate to Tucker and Harden may veto this deal, but this trade would be a better fit for Rockets.

Russ
    Harden
    Thybulle
    RoCo
    Horford

But starting 5 is getting older even with Thybulle.

4. DCSLaw99

DCSLaw99 Member

Harden and Westbrook are still in their prime. The core team of the Rockets are one of the best in the league. They just need a little adjustment. Get back Hartenstein. I agree with Coach Silas, Rockets need to have various options in terms of plays during playoffs. Getting to the playoffs is always a certainty with Harden. But in order to win all the way, motion offense is the key. Trading Harden or Westbrook at this time doesn’t make sense. Every team would want to have 2 MVPs in their prime, why give that up?

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I don't even think we could start thybulle with rus and have 2 non shooters at the same time. he will probably have to sub for rus until he can shoot.

that being said don't forget that if we're making this trade we are committing to paying the tax. we might as well add a starter for the MLE if that's the case. no worries about thybulle having to start.

#365 smoothie, Nov 8, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  6. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

#Truth

sirjesse likes this.
  8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431653-ask-supes/page/274/#comments

Vivi and Plowman like this.
  9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KLove would STILL be perfect here....IF he can only stay healthy. That would be a well oiled machine.

And, I love the Rockets looking into Vucevic too.

Two guys that are perfect in opening up this offense. Folks talk about the lob, but both guys here jam from Downtown and have big post games.
    They also crash the boards, are good passers, and play good position D.

#369 Plowman, Nov 9, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    ths balla and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

What is tge difference berween Klove and Vucevic? I am only slightly familiar with both players. I know that they share a lot of similar characteristics. Vucevic is wider and a more impactful defender?

11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Kevin Love is more mobile than Vucevic and way better playmaker IMO

12. Plowman

Supporting Member

KLove just turned 32 and Vuc..just turned 30.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Love is best friends with Russ.

Love may be the best outlet passer of all time.

I don’t want him but I wouldn’t be upset if he was added. Definitely the best third option we would have had in the Harden era.

RudyTBag and bmelo like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro Kevin Love......loooooooooool guys, guys GUYS.

Also Tucker needs to stay, I dont care what any of you have to say about it.

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. riko

riko Member

Love is the mobile 5 man this team has been searching for but the Cavs are looking for picks and young assets. We have none

16. rockets13champs

Tbh I like vuc more than klove contract more valuable too

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

Age number doesnt play. Rockets basicaly have to win now or next year so who cares how old is he

18. bmelo

bmelo Member

Ar this point EG gives us couple games in regular season and couple great games in post season. I would trade him for Horford 10/10 times

19. Plowman

Supporting Member

I was responding to Francis3422's query!

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who said the Rox are looking into Vucevic?