1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey becomes Sixer's New President!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Oct 28, 2020.

1. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

I think I remember that you went to Penn around the same time I did -- or maybe not. Foggy memory now that I'm old.

JayZ750 likes this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

to each their own. I’m not that bullish on the Sixers... relatively speaking. They seem like a 2nd round team to me.

we will see.

HP3 likes this.
  3. dischead

dischead Member

He hasn't won anything, maybe a big mac eating comp.

4. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I suppose you could argue that we were talent wise, but we weren't in reality. 4th seed, lost in conference semifinals to GS. We couldn't even beat them WITHOUT Durant. Got waxed at home in game 6. Let Curry go off for 33 in the second half after being blanked in the first half. I don't really know what you are trying to argue. Not to mention Harden couldn't stand Paul by the time he was traded. James has his issues, but **** that, he is one of the greatest players in Rockets history, in league history, you do what you can to accommodate your stars in the NBA.

Paul showed up overweight with bad conditioning. It led to injury issues throughout the year. Yeah we coulda/woulda/shoulda but we didn't. The best chance we had was the 2017-18 season, and wouldn't ya know Chris got hurt.

Nobody really expected him to have the season he had last year, and personally I think it was an anomaly. He is still a very good player, but I find it hard to believe he will continue to stay healthy and look fresh like he did last year.

I have no problem with that trade, but Westbrook needs to play better in the playoffs.

I liked Dantoni, but it was time to move on. Hopefully the Silas hire works. On paper I like it.

I will miss Daryl wholeheartedly though.

hakeem94, JayGoogle and TWS1986 like this.
  5. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Hahaha. **** Tilman. Did anyone buy Morey needing some time away from the game?

Looks like he's recovered nicely. Philadelphia is still a dumpster fire, but Murray can get them in the right direction. Or at least a better one.

Good luck Murray.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Rockets are the epitome of a 2nd round playoff team. That is how overrated Harden is.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Morey now has 2 young players to Groom. Watch him send us a Josh Richardson for Harden and picks package, and there forum will be like get r done morey lol.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Honestly I have no ill will towards Morey but this feels like being dumped by someone truly special. I’m heart broken actually. I know the bullsh#t line about spending more time with one’s family but part of me wanted to actually buy that. I thought he’d at least take a year off. But no, he bounced to a better situation. A team with a lot of young talent, a no meddling owner and a hall of fame coach who is destined to win another championship. Hey maybe he’ll hire back Sam Hinke.

it’s painful to see and clearly there can be no doubt now that Morey’s exit was all about Tillman.

get ready for some tough years folks. I might have to write off Houston sports completely till 2025. Yikes

TWS1986, D-rock, Easy and 1 other person like this.
  9. STR8Thugg

Can we give Raphael Stone a chance before we cry our hearts out about Daryl?

I mean I get it. I thought Morey was awesome. He always took chances, some of them worked, and some of them didn't. He pushed the envelope. He stole Harden away and changed the course of franchise history. He was the only person with the coconuts to say "**** that, we are going after the Warriors" instead of punting for 3 years like everyone else. At the end of the day, for a combination of reasons (some which were out of his control, injuries, etc.), we never got it done under his tenure.

The part that is most frustrating is that Morey was still under contract and we couldn't get anything in return for him.

TWS1986, D-rock and Aruba77 like this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Speak for yourself, I got 32 million reasons to be happy he's gone!

- T.F.

BMoney likes this.
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I agree. They're both in similar situations is my point.

Sixers players are younger, but I'd take Harden over both of them obviously. He's never hurt and much better.
    Sixers have better draft capital in the sense they haven't give a lot of it away.
    Sixers are in the East.

But they're both "meh" 2nd round squads now with work to do.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Seriously..The cognitive dissonance in our fan base is unreal

13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Maybe Trump can buy out Tillman after he loses the election.

TWS1986 likes this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I guess Daryl isn't spending much time with his family any time soon.

TWS1986 likes this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Is Morey going to hire Hinkie back to Philly as his top guy?

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Totally happy for Morey. Wish him the best in Philly. I will be rooting for them.

#Tilman can kick rocks. He is the villain here. He is the epicenter of the problems. He drove Morey away. Don't blame Morey. Blame #Tilman.

Rashmon, dreamshakin, TWS1986 and 2 others like this.
  17. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Harden becomes Sixers new superstar!

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Man i really never thought about that last piece. i assume you can compensate and org for their front office folks like they have done for coaches. never even thought about that. new rockets brain trust already making mistakes ;)

but i'm okay giving Stone a shot. Just still getting over the shock that Morey actually jumped to a different team. I'm a little heart broken. But i get it.

D-rock likes this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

who cares. He can't carry a team to the finals in the West anyway. Trade him for some rebuild pieces.

20. STR8Thugg

James Harden for Kyle O'Quinn and a 4th round pick.

Signed, B.O.B.

dreamshakin likes this.