1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Black Men under the age of 35 the hidden Trump voters that polls are not picking up

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HardenVolumeOne, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I never disregarded what you said. In fact, I agreed by saying there are lots of people who vote based on what they truly feel in their hearts and minds. I also said there are those that are told how they should vote and follow that advice. Its not like there is one type of voter out there lol.

you want so bad to paint me as a racist as part of your argument. I truly find the left, long on pandering for votes but short on results, to be the more racist side in all of this. But you know, I am willing to have a debate without using that manipulative term or insinuation.

Corrosion likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

There are more Covid deaths in the US than black men voting for Trump.

IBTL, Dubious, jiggyfly and 1 other person like this.
  3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Read the whole discussion and catch up

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You think Nook is a lib?

LOL.

So that was your whole purpose in here to trigger a lib and Nook is not even a liberal.

SMH.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

we are in the middle of a pandemic, and the GOP is currently trying to take away people’s healthcare

I already mentioned how Covid disproportionately affects minorities, and minorities are also disproportionately working blue collar jobs out there on the front lines as essential workers

U are fighting to take away their healthcare at a time like this, and for what? Your nonexistent plan?

but for some reason, black people don’t know anything when they are choosing not to vote red...

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Read the room and catch up with history.

7. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

Same could be said about gun voters and Republicans. Gun owner? Vote Republican. All a candidate has to do is pander, say a few nice things about Guns and you get a bunch of votes. I'm a Conservative gun guy and understand that politicians pander to get votes. They'll say one thing about guns and do the opposite once they get into office. It's ignorant to think that this doesn't happen with the Black vote, Gays, Latinos etc.. It happens all the time.

The Hodge twins mention it with their own mom @13:30, it'll get overlooked here because of the same ignorant reasons mentioned trying to discredit the other videos. Trump won't win overall with minorities, but I'm seeing more and more minorities going Republican in my personal life then in years past.

Corrosion and Tomstro like this.
  8. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

well he sure sounds like one. He certainly doesn’t sound like hes voting republican. Honestly though, Im not sure what you are laughing at. Why does it matter? He is using liberal talking points either as a true lib or as a devils advocate. Either way, I am willing to discuss. Not sure what is funny.

9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

its a liberal room for sure. But you need to read the whole discussion as it debunks some of your post. Namely, where you try to pull the race card.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Marjorie Taylor Greene has won the GOP nomination for a deep red congressional seat in Georgia despite widespread condemnation from party leaders over her videos where she expressed racist, Islamophobic and anti-Semitic views.

Greene, who is also a believer in the QAnon conspiracy theory, defeated neurosurgeon John Cowan in a primary runoff election on Tuesday for the deep-red Northwest Georgia district, where the GOP nomination is tantamount to a seat in the House.

Among her more incendiary comments: She called the 2018 election of Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) and Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), the first two Muslim congresswoman, “an Islamic invasion” of the U.S. government; suggested that Jewish megadonor George Soros turned Jews over to the Nazis; and described Black people as “slaves to the Democratic party” who should feel “proud” to see a Confederate monument because it symbolizes progress made since the Civil War.

idiots like this thrive in the Republican Party

B-b-but why can’t black people think for themselves and become Republicans?

Sh*t, even on this board, guess who was calling Arbery a “dindu nuffin” in the Arbery thread? Guess which posters were making up all sorts of outlandish nonsense about him? I wonder what party they belonged to?

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is true politicians do pander but what does that have to with blacks voting for republicans?

In your personal life how many Trump voters are voting for Biden?

12. dookiester

dookiester Member

There's so many replies in here providing thoughtful answers to the question but the guy who asked the question doesn't like the answers so he just ignores them and repeats the question. That's a better definition of insanity than black people voting Democrat instead of Republican.

IBTL and jiggyfly like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude please

Nothing in here has debunked anything and you have been pulling the race card the entire thread.

Its always hilarious when the Trumpers try and come into the D&D and play the reasonable card, when you are in here claiming black people only vote democrat because they are told to.

Your entire premise is racist.

IBTL likes this.
  14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

who said “black people cant think for themselves”?

the answer is nobody said that. However it was said that many black AND white voters are told who to vote for. This is easily understood.

15. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

The Trump response to protests in May and June was about as poor as it possibly could have been. I'm not sure I've heard a single Republican politician discuss any real changes to prevent a George Floyd situation from happening again, That's what I mean by not listening. If you want to make an argument that the current system is fine and doesn't have issues, then you have to at least try to do that convincingly. That's the best recent example I can give of Republicans not listening to what Black voters want.

Outreach means going into those communities and seeing what they want in politicians instead of just assuming what they want. A lot of conservatives tout the unemployment rate of Black Americans under Trump- Is this a message actually resonating with Black voters? Have they considered either poll testing, or maybe even going into Black communities and seeing why this message either isn't getting across or isn't resonating with people? I've seen very little of that.

Also please don't misquote me in the most hyperbolic way possible. I didn't say you don't care. Maybe you truly do care, maybe you truly believe Conservative fiscal policy is the best for the Black community, I don't know you. But clearly either the Republican party isn't making a convincing argument as to why, or maybe there are other issues that are just as important if not more important to that community that Republicans either are ignoring, or taking opposite stances on.

IBTL and ElPigto like this.
  16. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

again. You are making stuff up. Please read the discussion. Or just scream racist without reading.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

So are u saying that so many black people vote Democrat because they are told to? Is that not saying that they’re not thinking for themselves?

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

In 2020 centrist look like liberals since the GOP has gone berserk. Go back and look at Nixon, Regan and Bush they would at least centrist today. Its not really a choice of policy any more , its choosing sanity and good governance, democracy or goofy Mousolini's decent into corporate/plutocratic fascism.

We are supposed to have checks and balances between 3 co- equal branches of government, not some kind of super Executive dominating the other 2.

19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I know what the word “outreach” means. I guess republicans never do it. So Democrats don’t “assume” the black vote. I ask because I really am curious what improvements have been made in the black community because of this. And why is it just “lip service” when trump addresses the black communities need?

and..... when are we going to just all be Americans? The racial divide is the biggest in this country in my lifetime. And its not just alt right religious idiots that are racist.

20. Nook

Nook Member

I have no idea if you are a racist or not, as far as I can remember you have never said anything that it racist on these boards. Honestly, even if you had, I would not say that you are racist.

What I can tell you is that there IS a reason that 90% of black people have voted democrat the last 50 years. The Republican party at best has been indifferent to black issues and at worst has pursued policies that many black voters have felt were racist or at a minimum, not in their best interest.

I also have to say that a common refrain I have heard from conservatives is that black voters either vote as they are told, or that they just don't know any better. That is incredibly belittling of black people and that attitude is indicative of the problem black voters have had with the GOP. Even more upsetting is that many expressing that opinion fail to see how incredibly racist and disrespectful it is.

At this point, many black voters would vote for a see sponge over the GOP.

Everything is cause and effect........ the GOP doesn't even address black voter concerns and as a result many times democrats take the voting bloc for granted, because at least the democrats are not hostile to the black community.

We can have this SAME discussion, and invert the parties and it would be true of Christian fundamentalists and the democrats.

There are causes and effects for everything.

IBTL and ElPigto like this.