1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is it going to be? Jvg, Lucas, Silas Poll

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeyTexas254, Oct 17, 2020.

?

Who will be the Rockets next coach?

1. John Lucas

25.8%
  2. JVG

41.8%
  3. Stephen Silas

32.4%
  1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I think is going to be John Lucas. If the rumor of the organization going to the player's decision to choose the coach is going to be Lucas.

amaru likes this.
  2. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

When do you guys think they will announce who it is?

3. JoeyTexas254

JoeyTexas254 Member

hopefully tomorrow

4. Fantasma Negro

Actually hoping for Silas and voted for Silas, I think he's a solid coach but I'm expecting it will be Lucas

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol at your clown reference while Tilman playing a serious jokester here.

His businesses going down the drain, he can't hold MDA and Morey to save his life, his decision to swap for WB would backfire if it hasn't already..... etc.

Posters may be clowns but Tilman is a clown who has to shoulder real life consequences. :rolleyes:;)

We'll see it how it goes with the new coach but in times of turmoil and Covid many can look like fools however as said it comes without consequence.

Doesn't matter if they knew the due diligence or not.

6. bmelo

bmelo Member

John Lucas would be so bad paper signing i cant even wrap my head around it. The only ones happy about it will be people that make internal USA politics instead of sports and i couldnt care less about it chilling in Europe. I tune in to watch sports

ballsohard likes this.
  7. blackistan

blackistan Member

Whoever Harden wants and I guess thats Lucas at this point. If they continue making moves according to him I don't see things going well for this organization in the future.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Tilman wants this in my opinion, perhaps Harden and Russ too.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Two of the options have already been a head coach and proven not to be elite. I want the one that at least has a chance at being a great coach.

saleem likes this.
  10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

The rest of us realize its just random internet conjecture - thats what happens on the internet... but you're the clown that still manages to find a way to come off as a douche bag... smh....

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Hey you can self identify.

Some have trouble with that.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

I think Silas.

Harden will shoot down JVG. Tillman won’t like the optics of Lucas.

So Silas. I think he makes the most sense as a guy with a great pedigree that can coach either a contender or a rebuilding team.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The coach I want to coach the Rockets right now is Stephen Silas. I like the upside and he can also pivot to coaching a younger roster if they pivot to that direction. Silas is the coach that would have me the most interested in the team. JVG would be OK. Lucas is easily the worst option for me.

At this point I expect #Tilman to choose the cheap and safe option which is Lucas.

With #Tilman, I always assume the worst option.

amaru, saleem, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  14. riko

riko Member

One thing about Lucas he is well respected and liked around the nba. He does a lot of coaching with the nba players in the offseason and has tons of connections. He probably has a huge network of nba players who have been involved with him so maybe he can entice some of them to come here for cheaper deals.

#54 riko, Oct 19, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think it will be John Lucas. Comes cheap, already affilated with organization, Harden likes him.

If he were to choose Becky Hammon as his top assistant, this could work.

Caprah likes this.
  16. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

17. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

Welp...... JVG with TMAC as assistant??

IslandB.O.I. likes this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He doesn't seem to know who it's going to be at this time.

I don't understand what the hold up is.

If it's these three guys there shouldn't be an issue in choosing.

It's Silas if you want a younger coach. It's JVG if you want a big name who can potentially change this team defensively into a power house. It's Lucas if you want to just make the entire fan base groan and give up hope immediately.

The delay tells me they are either trying to convince the players of someone other than Lucas, they are trying to get all of the assistants in place, or they are interviewing more candidates who aren't listed.

Fiah, D-rock and Jayzers_100 like this.
  19. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

I like the idea of Silas, but with us having James Harden and Russell Westbrook I’m thinking they would need a big name and someone who would demand respect. I’m thinking it’s JVG and they will stack the bench with some good assistants starting with keeping John Lucas.

treyk3 likes this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm fine with JVG or Silas. I prefer Silas but would be very pleased with JVG. Anyone but Lucas and I'm stepping back from the ledge.

Corrosion and Rudyc281 like this.