1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NL Central starting just like NBA Midwest Division

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by bigballerj, Apr 12, 2004.

1. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

I know this is extremely early but all the teams in NL are .500 and above. That would be unreal if both our baseball and basketball teams are in division where no team has a losing record (in the same year)

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

Hell will freeze over before Pittsburgh, Milwaukee and Cincinnati all finished above .500.

You have to remember that each of those teams has a combined 48 games against St. Louis, Chicago and Houston.

No way that will happen.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I agree. Those 3 will come back to earth in the near future.

4. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

wont happen......pitt, cincy, and beer town are not good enough....granted now, if they somehow get it done.....manager of the year.....

5. lalala902102001

It's early, but the Reds actually have a very decent offense if they can stay healthy and their pitching has been sharp so far. They may surprise somebody if they can stay healthy (now that is a big big if).

6. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

The Reds will be horrible even if they don't have a single injury.

Forget last week...they have ZERO pitching. Zero.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

I agree. Griffey can carry the team. He's that good. Cincinnati has a shot at the division this year.

8. bwarren

bwarren Member

Remember that the MLB schedule is imbalanced, unlike the NBA schedule. NL Central teams will play each other more often than other teams, therefore allowing greater seperation between the teams. On the other hand, NBA teams play each team in their conference 4 times and teams from the other conference 2 times.

The NL Central will work itself out. :D

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He can carry the team... only if he can pitch for them too.

The wheels will soon fall off for Paul Wilson, and any other pitcher in their rotation, whom I just can't name off the top of my head... for some reason.

But, they won't be as bad as everybody thinks... and they'll be able to trade Griffey for some primo prospects before the trade deadline.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

The only division in baseball that came close to the level of this year's midwest division was AL West a while back. Where Anaheim, Texas, Oakland, and Seattle all had really good teams.

But as someone has mentioned, due to the imbalanced MLB schedule, the records will never reflect the teams' abilities because they'll beat each other up.

11. Chump

Chump Member

pass me some of what your smokin'!

12. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Please don't bet on this! Save your money.:eek:

13. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

lol always pisses me off though when ya see teams like milwaukee and cincinnati hanging around

even if 10 games into the 162 game season :)