1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

fox news just catching up to the rest of us...

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My gosh... ignoring the fact that as hhs secretary he reports to the American public... WTF and why the f can't this a hole answer THIS question????

foh and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The people on the task force need to stop supporting him then. Stop leaking it to the media. Be vocal instead. Everyone on that staff should speak up and/or say no to orders. Call him out publicly as often as possible. Actually do something.

mdrowe00, NewRoxFan and RayRay10 like this.
  4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I think dip$hit contracting coronavirus is the final grade on his administration's response.

He continues testing negative for competence and ethics.

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I never noticed the contradiction between "the China virus" and "it's a hoax" until now.
    Trump keeps blaming China for something that's supposedly fake.
    Now he'll tell us if it's real, I guess.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the best way to help stop the spread at this point is to quarantine the whole GOP and Trump family until after Biden wins the election. Then he can force those fools to mask up or get locked up.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

its getting to the point that if you tell me you are republican I assume you have covid

malakas, Ziggy and RayRay10 like this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"Don't be afraid of Covid. Don't let it dominate your life." - Trump

Gee...thanks. What a f-ing buffoon.

foh, deb4rockets, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

its always framed around the reference of him. someone here said it ...this dude really is the biggest attention w**** of all time. he makes my ex girlfriend look shy.

funny part is this past weekend rednecks started finally thinking about masks all the sudden ..and the news going through incubation, testing, medical etc all talk that largely has been sh*it on repeatedly by repugs and forgotten.

all the sudden there is concern about virus because trump has it?
    its like where was that before?
    he has to top it off by going in a car exposing others? what the hell is wrong with this guy? 200k dead and millions sick long term is not a strategy.

the only way he can win now is to hack machines or Im off here and im the crazy one.

i will gladly accept trump if that is the will of the people.. but accepting doesnt mean staying and cliche that might look at leaving the country. i wonder if 40 % or 50% is enough to get me to leave. im not interested in a church state and im not excited about any of it. i might have to finally do hawaii ..im sure he cant f*uck that up right?...(famous last words)

ROCKSS, malakas, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/10...r-president-announced-his-covid-19-diagnosis/

He listened to Trump and didn’t wear a mask. He died just before the president announced his COVID-19 diagnosis

Stephanie Landaverde did everything right. The 24-year-old bartender took all the precautions she could as the pandemic began its spread through Massachusetts. She wore a mask, kept to a small circle of family members, and after restaurants reopened, decided not to return to work in order to protect her vulnerable parents and grandparents, who were all immunocompromised.

But her 81-year-old grandfather, Juan Ciprian, was less cautious. He was a Trump supporter and refused to wear a mask, parroting the president’s statements about the virus not being a concern.

He died last week of COVID-19. His family received his ashes the day after Trump announced his diagnosis.

“It was horrible,” she said. “We found out that Trump tested positive the day before my grandfather was cremated. It brought some anger into our hearts.”

At the outset of the pandemic, Landaverde’s tight-knit Guatemalan family in Framingham came up with a plan to stay safe. Landaverde would not return to work so as to avoid close contact with others, and her brother and uncle, who worked in manufacturing and at UPS, respectively, would keep away from vulnerable family members while they continued their essential jobs.

“I chose not to work in order to keep them safe, the thought of losing any of them seemed — it just wasn’t an option for me. We’re very family-oriented, and are traditional Latinos in that sense. My parents and grandparents require a lot of care, and I wanted to be available to them at any moment in case they did need me,” she said. “Between my parents and my aunt and me, we were trying to stay in a bubble. We were all very rigorous about it.”

Her grandfather didn’t share their concerns. “He was the only one that wasn’t complying. He was hearing all these conspiracy theories, and saying Trump said this or that,” she said. "He didn’t believe it was a real thing.”

Ciprian was a strong man who played the tuba in a marching band in Guatemala, and was a music teacher for much of his life. He wrote music well into old age, took walks every day, and didn’t have any ailments, said his daughter Reina Jeter. “He had a lot to live for and he was healthy.”

But he began showing symptoms of COVID-19 on Sept. 20, and was hospitalized on the 23rd. He died six days later. His wife also contracted the disease, and after being hospitalized was transferred to a rehabilitation home where she remains.

Landaverde’s grandparents live with her parents, and soon they too were diagnosed with COVID-19. Landaverde was beside herself: Her father has cancer, and her mother is a diabetic, and both were admitted to Framingham Union Hospital as their symptoms progressed.

With her grandfather’s health deteriorating, Landaverde’s mother began to decline as well. After learning of her father’s death, and without being able to say goodbye, her vitals dropped, and she was admitted to the ICU. “They had to mourn him while fighting COVID,” she said.

Eventually, she said, both her parents began to improve. Her father was released from the hospital and her mother was upgraded from the ICU, though she remains hospitalized.

Landaverde sent a message to the Globe from her mother, Maria Landaverde, who said hospital workers are “putting their lives in danger to save us.”

“We, all the people who have been affected by COVID-19, lost their jobs, got sick, or even died from it, deserve to be heard,” Maria Landaverde said. “My heart is with President Trump and wish him the best but the country needs him to stop playing politics and remember we are people.”

All told, seven of Stephanie Landaverde’sfamily members have contracted the virus in the past two weeks, including an aunt and her two children. They are now recovering at home. The family suspects that her grandfather introduced the virus into their midst, as he was the first to show symptoms.

So when Landaverde’s family learned of the president’s diagnosis soon after losing Ciprian, it only devastated them further. She said while the family is still mourning and still recovering, they’re also angry and feeling worried about how Trump will use his own diagnosis to suit his message.

“We don’t wish this upon anyone, nobody deserves to go through this, to feel so helpless,” she said. She wished the president a speedy recovery, but said she hopes that contracting the virus will teach him how dangerous it is.

“It only takes one little mistake right? And that’s all it took for my grandfather,” she said.

On Monday afternoon, Trump did little to show that he’d changed his mind: “Don’t be afraid of Covid,” he tweeted. “Don’t let it dominate your life.”

Landaverde’s grandfather wasn’t there to hear it.

RayRay10, No Worries and joshuaao like this.
  11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't think anyone that wasn't going to vote for him has changed their minds through this, but I do think there are some people that were going to vote for him that no longer will.

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Trump has so much blood on his hands from spreading lies and misinformation to people too dumb to know the difference between truth and lies. This negligent and reckless behavior makes him a very dangerous man. Even today he is saying this type BS to the fools who actually take him seriously.

"People shouldn't be afraid of COVID-19"

"Maybe I'm immune, I don't know"

"The vaccines are coming momentarily."

Trump is the most dangerous man we have ever had as the President of our country!

13. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

Haha, Masked up or locked up... You guys got some issues.

Good luck with all that. Who's going to be locking people up for not wearing a mask...? The police they/you want to defund? .Mil?

Ya'll make me love Pres Trump even more. I'm sorry you all forgot what it's like to be American. Land of the Free and Home of the Brave sure doesn't fit the people posting here. You guys can stay in moms basement, I'll be out living life and shooting my guns and all the other 'Murican things ya'll hate.

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

[

#5374 deb4rockets, Oct 5, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    RayRay10 and Surfguy like this.
  15. foh

foh Member

You sound more Afghani than American to be honest, when the only American value you mention is shooting guns... What else you got within those "Murican things" that liberals hate?

AleksandarN, RayRay10, IBTL and 2 others like this.
  16. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

This is why we can’t have nice things.

AleksandarN, RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You are an irrational, unstable human being. That you are obsessed with trump makes perfect sense. Enjoy yourself.

RayRay10, No Worries and IBTL like this.
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and people who weren't even planning to vote

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

these involuntary celibates love their soldier cosplay.

i remember reading soldier of fortune magazine and watching my favorite movie commando. i was 12

RayRay10 and Xerobull like this.
  20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member