1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 9/8/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 7, 2020.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn't tilman employ a hitman in a Rockets jersey just to fight fire with fire.

2. eslate22

eslate22 Member

It took a Lebron A game, an AD A+ game, and their best 3 point game probably of the season to pull away late... not to also forget russ’ worse game in 9 months... should be able to clean up the mistakes and hit them
    with that GG

ICEibuPROfen, D-rock, jcmoon and 8 others like this.
  3. fattz

fattz Member

Hopefully someone sits Westbrook down and goes over what his expectations are as a Rocket. It looked like he lacked purpose last game. His efforts were high but his accomplishments didn’t match. He needs to play within himself because he is the difference maker for us. His shot selection will win or lose the game.

DeBeards, clos4life, jboslett and 2 others like this.
  4. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

No Foster is worth 6-8 points our way by itself even factoring in Brothers....MINIMAL !

5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I'm absolutely with you.....Jimmy needs to vary his pace instead of barely crossing mid court in time and dribbling the shot clock down and sometimes passing with 2 secs left. I'm a big fan but wish he would speed the game up occasionally.

jcmoon, gfab-babyboi and bcast89 like this.
  6. fattz

fattz Member

It’s the pace for defense. If he plays uptempo the defense would collapse because they would be over worked. Fewer possessions means fewer possibilities the other team has to score points.

7. fattz

fattz Member

It will continue till the league stops it.

8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

EG also had his best game in 2 years and we lost shooting 42 percent from 3. Can we replicate that as well?!

daywalker02, clos4life and ashleyem like this.
  9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

People need to understand if it weren’t for the uncharacteristically hot shooting, the Rockets would have gotten blown out in game 2. We have no answer for the zone defense that the Lakers threw at us.

10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Rockets I think will blow out the Lakers.

Russell Westbrook and James Harden
    re-watched Game 2 in their hotel room and James talked to Russ of how can beat defenses. James wants Russ to attack or kick out to open 3 point shooters.

James picks up the morale of Russell which is huge. Russell is great, he will be consistent and be dominant by relentlessly attacking the basket.

Tfor3, jcmoon, fckbandwagons and 2 others like this.
  11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Protect our nuts. Play aggressive. Rain 3's until they stop falling then attack the basket. Then let it rain 3's again until it hurts. I want us to fight fire with fire. Time to go after lebron's and davis' nuts. If they do not react then they have proven something we all knew... steroids have decimated Lebron's Nuts and Davis never had any!

fattz and pippendagimp like this.
  12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

If the game plan to counter the Lakers defense is to rely on our shooters to make threes, we will lose this series.

Surfguy likes this.
  13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

@D-rock I need a Jeff Green game where I eat crow

He was the only other player besides Russ with minutes last night that was awful

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Rockets bench need to step up.

Mike Dantoni needs to TRUST Players on the bench. If Austin Rivers cant shoot try out Chris Clemons.

If Ben McLemore cant defend or shoot, try out Michael Frazier.

The Rockets needed Rookie Sam Cassell, 1 year Forward Robert Horry, Bench Player Carl Herrera stepping up in Scoring.

Rudy Tomjanovich TRUSTS his Bench and Rookie Sam Cassell stepped up when Kenny Smith was sucking in the FINALS against the Knicks.

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

If we're relying on Chris Clemons and Michael Frazier to be competitive then we're screwed. Those two are not ready.

16. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

He says that yet does the lazy bounce passes that are easily stolen.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Clemons should get in the game early and accidentally fling his foot into the crotch of Davis with deadly accuracy.
    Westbrook needs to stop running around like a goofus shooting aimless threes and turning the ball over.
    House needs to get more shots from Downtown. Find him, James and Russ.
    Gordon should continue to be Gordon. I like this version very much.
    Covington has found his shot. Keep it! Your defense is outstanding.
    PJ is perfect, although a couple of extra buckets from the corners would be groovy.
    Green needs to wear a steel cup.
    James, drive more. Give it the gas!

If I’m forgetting anyone significant, my apologies.
    Oh, good job with the timeouts, Coach!

jcmoon and Hakeemtheking like this.
  18. forchette49

"No answer" is hyperbole, OKC tried the same thing against us in games 3 and 4, and we still ultimately won the series. Granted Vogel is twice the coach MDA is, but I'd like to think this series is still wide open with 2 former MVPs on the same team. The Lakers aren't deep and can't shoot, just like us.

bro2044 likes this.
  19. forchette49

That would require an actual coach. We applaud when MDA takes an appropriate time out on this board.

20. UrbanEnterprise

Morris hitting 4 threes won't happen again

but I don't think Harden goes 4 for 8, Gordon 6 for 12, Covington 4 for 8, Tucker 4 for 7 all in the same game ever again

even House went 3 for 7

Game 2 literally didn't prove anything to me from either team because those performances don't happen often