1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The media is completely rooting for the Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Sep 3, 2020.

1. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Wait... legitimately... who's a media lover?

So the way I read this post:
    Us against the World!
    Almost literally - USA / CHINA media alliances vs. Clutchfans. Did I get it right?

2. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

Nope. China fans are rooting for the Rox, though Queen James and Los Takers has bigger fanbase.
    Well just for comparison, the ratio of "which team do you support?" is about 6:4 (Rox vs LA) in this series. While it's always a 9:1 or 8:2 for Rox vs any teams other than LA, if you go chk the top China bball forums/apps on daily basis.

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  3. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Saw a poll recently and most fans across the NBA were most excited about either the Lakers or the Rockets winning the title this year.

The Kobe/Lebron story is a good one, but so is the Harden/Russ redemption arc.

For whatever reason, folks seem to have finally come around on Harden, this is the least hate I think the Rockets have gotten in years.

tinman likes this.
  4. Asian Sensation

5. AkeemOlaDROwon

I do find some solace in the absence of Avery Bradley. Not even going to look up numbers but from what I remember (including games when he was with the Celtics) I feel like he plays well against us.

6. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Well for this series we’ll inherit the entirety of all the other fanbases that HATE the Lakers and want us to smack them so we got that going for us which is nice.....

tinman and macan like this.
  7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Some memorable moments in Rockets-Lakers playoff games...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Get those competitive juices flowing...

8. macan

macan Member

i guess Boston fans will be cheering for us tomorrow as well

tinman and Rock Block like this.
  9. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

tinman likes this.
  10. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

That's not how bball or matchups work.... The only thing the OKC series did was give us less rest going into this series, but perhaps that high leverage game 7 could be beneficial for game 1 going into this series.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

impossible shot? did your youth coaches not teach you the fundamental art of the backwards, over-the-shoulder, volleyball-set-shot-off-the-front-of-the-rim type shot?

TWS1986 and Deckard like this.
  12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

> Lakers, in Los Angeles
    >Hollywood, Los Angeles

Are we actually surprised though? Probably 90% of the nations media is in LA, of course they're going to root for the Lakers. It was the same story in the Bryant era

13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

More concerned about the refs. If Foster will make that atrocious call on the last play IN A GAME 7, they clearly have no shame in fixing games. The Rockets will probably gets calls the 1st game, then none moving forward

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

are they going to show it on tv there?
    what about the Kobe fans there, I know Kobe has a large amount of fans there

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

related

pumpkin spice.jpeg

16. Nook

Nook Member

Rock Block likes this.
  17. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

I don't know how this tweet means media is rooting for the Lakers, by comparing PJ to Tweety.

In the end, Tweety drinks water, becomes a monster and wins the game.

18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Why are White Girls Orange Spray Tanning themselves, Looking like Pumpkins themselves. Is the Orange Fashion Season in.

Donald Trump created this Orange Spray Tan into Fashion. Donald is a Orange Tan Icon for White People.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Over and over again. He tried. I could never master it. ;-)

I’m convinced that in their prime, which really began during the 1985-86 season, both Ralph and Akeem were like a pair of Demi-Gods on the court. The rest of the league and the media were in awe of them. There had never been a front court with two young obvious future Hall of Fame 5/4’s like them. Not of their quality, in my not very humble opinion. It was a brief era when the Rockets were showered with positive attention by the likes of Sports Illustrated and the major newspapers in the country, back when that meant something. Not only did we have that pair, but the rest of the team was very deep, as well.

Until John Lucas, our starting point guard, failed two drug tests for cocaine and was waived by the team in March, we has Lucas and Leavell at point, two big outstanding shooting guards in Lew Lloyd and Mitch Wiggins, Rodney McCray and Robert Reid at the 3 spots, both very, very good, Sampson at the 4, unless Dream was taking a blow or was ejected for fighting, when Ralph played what was his natural position at center, and Olajuwon starting at center. Jim Petersen was a very effective backup and we picked up Granville Waiters as another backup 5, but he didn’t play much.

Yeah, we were considered the next dynasty with multiple championships in our future. A team akin to the Celtics and the Lakers. Then it all blew up. Most here know the story of that team, how good they were and what their future looked like, but some don’t. All that was for them.

TWS1986 and francis 4 prez like this.
  20. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Haha. "Granola" That's the saying I had for girls like the bottom pair. Cute but wearing flannel, Whole Foods shoppers only, big hikers, patchouli