1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Schroeder blow by

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Aug 24, 2020.

1. omgTHEpotential

On some of the moves he really reminds me of CP3. I think CP3's game has rubbed off on him in a very good way.

javal_lon and daywalker02 like this.
  2. foggy94

foggy94 Member

OK, so they don't switch everything. Cool.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

like i said in my previous post

lets see if its actually a set where okc wants the switch or if it's a action to see how the defense reacts

cool

dude acting like the .01% where no switch is necessary is relevant to how the rockets play defense. it isn't.

Unless they adjust or change their scheme, you're going to see the rockets switch everything on all hard actions period. It really doesn't matter if you can see it or not tbh

4. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Did you say 'the Rockets switch everything when OKC wants them to'? No, you said they switch everything.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Unless they adjust or change their scheme, you're going to see the rockets switch everything on all hard actions period. It really doesn't matter if you can see it or not tbh.

6. foggy94

foggy94 Member

That's not what you said though is it. As a reminder, you said 'the Rockets switch everything'. Not 'the Rockets switch all hard actions'.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

this is what I said "lets see if its actually a set where okc wants the switch or if it's a action to see how the defense reacts"

something else you obviously don't understand the concept of which was obvious in your tweet.

8. foggy94

foggy94 Member

C'mon man. It's right there.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Basic basketball 101. What's actually relevant and what's not. The .01% of a basic non switch when it's completely unnecessary isn't any where close to relevant.

By this logic, the rockets shoot midrange shots as part of their everyday offense. Cool. put the league on notice

#49 YOLO, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  10. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Again, your words.

"They switch absolutely everything"

Now, tell me, did they switch "absolutely everything" on the plays I showed. You are allowed to admit you were wrong about a tiny insignificant thing on the internet.

11. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We don't force any of them to their left at all (SGA, DS, or CP3).. It amazes me they continually allow them to go right right and more right... Force them left and wait for the pull up jumper. Also, please double CP3 sometimes late in the 4th Qtr and force him to throw across court to Dort. We all know James can't and won't guard him one on one...

12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Wish it rubbed off on Rivers.

javal_lon likes this.
  13. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Looking back at some of the clips Covington was trying to shade Schroder to his left, but he's so much quicker it was just easy for him to go right anyway - like this play https://stats.nba.com/events/?flag=...=player&sct=hex&CF=SHOT_TYPE*E*2PT Field Goal

14. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I think you're just nitpicking on what he's been saying. So what if the rockets aren't switching on situations that okc isn't forcing a switch? You're just focusing on the statement "the rockets switch everything" because YOLO made a valid point.

YOLO likes this.
  15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

The Rockets switch at every logical opportunity. They aren't going to switch if it creates a defensive vulnerability (as it would have in most of the plays in that clip).

YOLO likes this.
  16. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Because I said they don't switch *absolutely everything* and he jumped on me for that and tried to say I dont understand basketball. This was after saying I dont watch games because he didn't read my post saying Schroder shoots less than 30% on pullup 3 point shots (not catch and shoot)

The reason I brought it up, is because while yes in colloquial terms the Rockets pretty much do switch everything, they've rejected the switch at times with Gordon staying on the ballhandler instead of going on to Adams. So my point was going to be that they can do the same and not switch Covington onto Schroder. They don't have to do that if he's just getting cooked every time.

dmoneybangbang and joshuaao like this.
  17. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Yeah, I think Covington on Schroder is a defensive vulnerability so I don't think they should switch him on to him so willingly!

Little Bit likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

and it's going to continue to happen. as mentioned previously, do we think they make some adjustment in game 5 of some sort to it? It's possible.

19. kevcai

kevcai Member

Austin Rivers needs some minutes to try to slow him down. Austin is the only one with comparable quickness and can lock in entirely on defense.

20. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Agreed. He's been a zero on offense but I think we can live with him spotting up even if he can't beat OKC off the dribble