1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Washed up" Chris Paul is the best clutch player in the NBA and will be in All-Star Game this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Dec 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. HP3

HP3 Member

Disagree, 65 win season and almost took down the GOAT team, we had to give that contract. We might be number 1 contenders right now with him on this team.

YOLO likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

Yea almost and that might have been our best shot. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Disagree. I don't see CP3 and Harden winning together. I amend my statement, we were ****ed the second we traded for CP3.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

There is no guarantee that we would be in a better position now than if we stuck with that group. It would be more mediocrity. Harrel, Lou Williams and Beverly werent winning you a championship Nor were they huge bargaining chips to bring in a superstar. Cp was our best shot and was one of the only top 10 players willing to come to Houston. Your thinking here is completely results based which is not how you do it bro.

We literally had a championship roster, this sentence is ridiculous. When you have a chance like we did, you take it. And you don't just sit back in mediocrity. I could definitely see THIS Cp and Harden winning it. We can just disagree here. Unless you have some stats to prove me wrong here.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

harden and cp3 are championship combo. that's just obvious but the rockets won't be getting as close to that anymore. the blends of their strengths and weaknesses on the actual basketball court cannot be matched by another other guy for harden.

There's no powerhouse this year. all the top seeds look beatable on any given night. There's no one near the level of GS. not remotely close at all

HP3 likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Will see what happens when Russ comes back. But also though....man if we could somehow get Lillard on this team(not happening) I dont see anyone ever beating us ever.

6. dmoneybangbang

It's just hindsight.

Tilman wouldn't have paid to keep together without winning a chip. Catch 22 in your what ifs.

I just have what actually happened.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

If all you have is hindsight, then its not a good argument.

8. dmoneybangbang

An obvious combo that fell short twice in a row. Tilman definitely wanted to go into luxury tax after those type of results.

9. dmoneybangbang

Seems like the best argument so far. Better than some fantasy.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Tillman isnt a good owner.
    No, it's really not.Im confident in that. That is called hindsight bias. Its not a good argument at all.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

To a historic team so what. No shame in that. I don’t see any historic team these days

Tillman’s an idiot. No business running a actual pro team. That’s why this team is the way it is

12. dmoneybangbang

100% agreed.

I don't disagree with that, but he wasn't going to reup on those Rockets.

13. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

You would think Chris Paul wasn’t All-NBA this year by the way you people talk about him.

washed up?

Do you not realize him playing really well is NORMAL. That wasn’t an anomaly you dope.

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. HP3

HP3 Member

And that wasnt a good decision on his part.

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

How do you even say you don't see CP3 and Harden winning together?

Their very first season together they won a franchise record.

They were on the edge of eliminating THE. BEST. BASKETBALL. TEAM. EVER. ASSEMBLED.

All that, whilst also facing THE. BEST. BASKETBALL. TEAM. EVER. ASSEMBLED. Who were also allowed to play a different game of basketball as the officials were blatantly on their side.

And even with all those all stars and the three zebras in their back pocket, they still required an injury to not only one of our most important role players, but then to CP3 to even escape us.

Crazy

HewbieTrippin, YOLO and HP3 like this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

Yea and they lost... and they weren't going to be given another chance after two tries. We took on the best team ever assembled, should have won at least one out of two but we didn't. It's just what happened. Now we have tens of millions tied up in the guard position.

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Oh. Ok

So you openly admit they should have won.

But then you say you can't see them winning.

Any other contradictions you want to throw around?

HP3 likes this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

Right, because that time and moment has passed.

20. Kadoz

Kadoz Member

I miss Chris Paul so bad it hurts

I love that man more than some parents love their children