1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biggest rivalry this season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by fya, Apr 3, 2004.

?

Who will it be?

1. St. Louis Deadbirds

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. Chitown Scrubs

42 vote(s)
    93.3%
  3. Brew Crew (lol, but they did kill us last year)

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. Asslanta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. fya

fya Member

deabirds or scrubs?

2. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

That's a simple question. The "Deadbirds" (as you put it, haha) suck. They won't challenge for anything. The most annoying thing about the Brewers is that they beat us in extra innings last year in that one game Billy came in and blew the save. Asslanta isn't in our division and they won't even be going to the playoffs this year. Obviously the Cubs are the only viable opponent and we'll have some good games with them this year.

3. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

i think it's obvious by the results we didn't need a poll to figure this one out.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'll make a bold prediction and say that the Cardinals will fare better than the Cubs this year.

Hell... if it wasn't for their absolute choke-job in a 4 game series in Wrigley last year, the Cardinals would have finished ahead of the Cubs (but not the Astros... because we killed STL later).

Plus, I just don't see the Cubs as a team that can thrive as the "favorites." It almost takes away a certain aura from them... because there's no way I can associate that cute blue/white/red uniform, that cute ballpark that always has nice day games for the kids, that cute logo... I can't associate any of those with "powerhouse."

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WOW that is bold . I don't know if they will fair better, but they aren't going to be a bad team.