1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

"A Dream story"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXRAN, Jun 4, 2001.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

What doesn't make sense is leaving for more money. Question, why? Just tell me why because that is what seems to be apparent. If I were him, why not stay in Houston for 5 million or so. Is he mad that the team made a gross error in paying Cato rediculous jack?!? If so, Dream, please be reassured that after the contract expires, Cato will never see the same money ever! Cato seemed to have promise before, but now he is "bantha fodder"! Dream I know it will bug you to accept 4 or 5 million, ...I don't want to sound like those Texas lottery commercials...but 4 or 5 million is a lot of money! This is the most the team can give you while pursuing other areas to get better! Please don't be insulted by this offer Dream. Dream I love you, but please stop comparing yourself to how other players are paid. I know that this is how the "market value" works in the NBA and I would encourage anyone to do the same. Lord knows I would have the same plan if I were gifted to play in the NBA..
    However, Dream this is the final chapter of a great story. Not trying to be philosophical, but the ending of a book can make a great story even greater... What I am trying to say is this your opportunity to take the time honored capatilistic driven "market value" bullcorn and ally-hoop slam dunk it to kingdom come!..Why should you? You ask. We all want more money. Who doesn't. Too much is never enough and I understand that. What I hope you understand is the team really does need you next year, the fans need you. Everything has a price, and the price you seem to be willing to pay is ruining the final chapter of "the Dream story" for the simple concept of market value? Sorry, Dream, but market value should not be the issue it is at the end of your great story...

------------------
    I eat nutria now..courtesy of mc mark!!!

2. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Great story!

To add to that ... some things are priceless ... such as a story-like career.

------------------
    Technically speaking, we're #1!
    ~Portland fans

3. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Resigning Hakeem Olajuwon: $4.5 mil

Olajuwon jersey: $50

Rockets playoff tickets: $1000

Seeing The Dream retire at a huge ceremony and ending the story in a Rockets jersey: Priceless

------------------

I have seen much of the rest of the web. It is brutal and cruel and dark. CC.net is the light.

4. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Umm good story... i think this gives me 30 post. Not a Junior anymore baby!

------------------
    Go Rockets!!!
    SS

5. rock

rock Member

I agree that he should end his career here. I mean, who is going to pay him the $10 mil he wants?

------------------

6. bronxfan

bronxfan Contributing Member

it'd be nice, but i believe hakeem may be a lot closer to his eventual salary than many in this BBS want to beleive. I don't think he'll get 10 mil but I think 7 to 8 isn't that far fetched. i mean first of all there is such a huge dearth of good (much less great) centers, but on top of that look at the finals. i mean you have 2 big centers playing and i'm sure a lot of good teams (phoenix, dallas,the bucks, etc) are all thinking they could take the next step if they could upgrade the center position - and hakeem certainly could help with his experience...

------------------